kF94 or Surgical mask?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hands itchy to wanna hoot 2 qty of this. Either this or 2 qty of F912 Blue Pine KF94.

2 packs can get free shipping (must use the add another item eg Good Manner, apply coupon, then take away the Good Manner) simultaneously 2 coupons usage, together with $5 off black friday coupon in Q rewards.
End up 14.90 shipped to SG for 100pcs. Got another 100 Qpoints so $13.90.

Not sure if it is legit BFE 99.9% (they claim the packaging's BFE 95% is generically printed, fabric is 99.9%), . Not aiming to get like 0-26 particles/L performance on the meter @ 10-15k ambient. That is legit KF94 masks kinda performance.

If can get 50-100 i think i would be more than fine liao (of coz as close to 50 as possible :LOL:). Also can use for SG haze.

Best for rough use at such prices.

Not sure if the cutting is good or not. Not many reviews from KS Mall and Good Sell.
But the quality generally are all ok. *shrugs*

Will be a leap of faith for $13.90. *shrugs* If performance is decent as in BFE 99.9% type, then hit jackpot.

I mean lets face it, the best of the best of KF94s are really good, thing is.......when do we see ourselves mingling in say CNY pasar malam kind of conditions or Xmas in aircon shopping mall crowded conditions?
Or spend > 30 mins in crowded MRT trips?
For me, really quite rare. Current stock already more than sufficient

3acd4d11-cd96-4ef6-98c2-fefa0db5c1a3.s_400-w-fs_s.jpg

Last edited:

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tested yr Bamboo masks already.

I cut it up as well, seems like no meltblown. 4-ply. Damn breathable though.....

Wah, really bad man. Thanks for testing. At least i know i am not wearing these. Such low filtration rate, they even bother to individual pack it..🤣

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, really bad man. Thanks for testing. At least i know i am not wearing these. Such low filtration rate, they even bother to individual pack it..🤣

They call these summer masks. It's like last time F506 and F505. Now i think after alpha and delta came, they bothered to put meltblown liao.

uniqlo

Master Member
Reaction score
Over here in SG Im waiting for 5 pax social grp / dine in for all to kick in, coz Xmas season coming also...... :unsure:

From the quanrantine hotel spread in HK, just that brief opening of the door to collect meals / leave trash outside coz the fella was maskless or wearing valved masks can liao.....delta can spread.

Same thing for lower efficiency masks, i dont think cloth masks does much for source control. (as confirmed with testing as well).
Nor do some other low efficiency disposable masks also.

Like this fake until cannot be faker KN95 one with very very low filtration, infected delta case @ peak viral shedding stand beside you 1m away for 15 mins wearing this super fake KN95......and you wear normal surgical mask. Dont think can block transmission. Can only hope / assume the viral dose is low enough so that you'd have a relatively mild symptomatic infection nia. <- and nobody really knows for sure what that level is, coz so many variables

share with you personal experience

during my SHN at govt designated hotel from a trip from Germany, daily can smell other rooms preparing coffee, sometimes can smell cigarette smoke (should be from someone cannot tahan, then hide inside room smoke, but firealarm never sound also...)

I doubt hotels and other quarantine facilities really have proper airflow directions and full HEPA capabilities; if an infected person cough in his room and the airflow goes to other nearby rooms also you know what can happen...

uniqlo

Master Member
Reaction score
1. Air+ Surgical year 2020 NDP fun pack (year 2021 measures slightly lousier than this one, not in this vid)
2. Assure surgical mask year 2021
3. Guardian surgical mask
4. SURGISYL surgical mask
5. Mixshop white BFE 99.9% "KF94" (individually packed)
6. Mixshop grey BFE 99.9% "KF94" (10pc pack)
7. Shadow Moon KF94
8. Bluna Face Fit black KF94
9. Doctor P&B KF94 (F808 Mezzang on qoo10)
10. K-Medic KF94 (F731 50pcs bulk pack on qoo10 Mezzang seller)
11. Chamsarang KF94 (F919 individually packed on qoo10 Mezzang seller)
12. Good Manner KF94 (qoo10 seller Charmzone individually packed)
13. Good Manner KF94 (qoo10 seller SHASHA Korea, 5pc pack, white)
14. Bluna Facefit KF94 white KF94
15. 420 Pan KF94

hey the good manner facemask from qoo10 charmzone I got, the individual packaging all did not have dupont or toray printed , how ar?

uniqlo

Master Member
Reaction score
Like other things, just need 1 or 2 of these kind of people to spoil the whole soup :(

Ghost downstairs will see people chao keng anyhow wear, or even not wearing at all
nowadays really a lot of people anyhow wear or those ah pek not really wearing....if you tell them they probably will scold back...

uniqlo

Master Member
Reaction score
For info, if buying @Qoo10, there's Q-reward 30% coupon max value $5, min purchase $10. Redemption starts at 12am, 26 Nov.
Better value than $3 coupon at spin wheel.

On 26Nov, just claim 30% coupon and use at non time-sale price listing is cheaper by $1-$2, can pay for shipping :s13:
Eg F731 @$12.99-30%=$9.09 is cheaper than time sale price listing@ $10.99.
Too bad F919 boh stock liao..

walau F919 you guys made it OOS already!!

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey the good manner facemask from qoo10 charmzone I got, the individual packaging all did not have dupont or toray printed , how ar?
Can one lah.....if wanna 100% confirm, send it in to me lor.

Hey i rem you are also using F731 .... see if you wanna send 1 copy in to test if new or old batch.

Not v critical tho......

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
F series is based on facial features ah?
Nope, just a specific mask model denoted by that particular seller/shop for easier reference.

For eg, the F731 and F730 masks are really called K-medic

F808 is called Doctor P&B

F912 is Blue Pine.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Today qoo10 got the 30% up to $5 black Friday coupon.

WhiteAnt

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very useful thread

altho my mask still have but i bought one box of 701 mask to try lol, waiting for shipping to come

+1 to TS :o

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay, thanks! :)
Yo, done already. See post abive.
Your mixshop seems ok, not like the recent 1 single instance in which it returned like 3k particles/L with just 5k ambient (ie ambient then was even lower than what i tested for yrs). KN95 is decent too.

The other failed mixshop that i tested, the only 1 instance of failed mixstop. Coz i tested 3 other instances of mixshop (including kids ones which you and I also have, and yr colored grey + pink adult/kids mixshop), all ok.

Last edited:
Reaction score
mixshop peach BFE 99.9% vs Wenrou (valueshop) KN95

Thanks for this! Quite surprised the KN95 performed decently - I bought it just to see whether I could get used to the shape but never actually wore it cos I was sceptical about whether it would work (we were experiencing a surge then). Now at least I know these and the Mixshop ones can be worn 😄🙏🏻.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

From patient zero to billions wiped off global shares, the inside story of how the Omicron variant emerged​

Scientists around the world are concerned about the strain’s apparently superior infectiousness after a quarantining traveller caught it off another in a hotel corridor​

November 27, 2021 6:00 am

The case of super-variant Omicron’s “Patient Zero” – a 36-year-old man from Hong Kong – throws troubling light on just how contagious this new strain is, and how the international battle to bring the pandemic to an end has become so much harder.

While the global epicentre of the super-variant is South Africa, with cases believed to date back from early November, the first official record of variant B.1.1.529 emerged in Hong Kong on 13 November.

According to Hong Kong’s Centre for Health Protection (CHP), Patient Zero – case number 12388 – flew to South Africa on 23 October, returning on 11 November on a Qatar Airlines flight QR818.

He tested negative on arrival at Hong Kong airport, but under the territory’s strict quarantine rules he was put up in the Regal Airport Hotel in Chek Lap Kok for the required 21 days.

Two days later he tested positive for Covid-19, with the health authority saying his sample showed signs of a mutation, and the next day, 14 November, he was admitted to hospital with a high viral load.

On 22 November, the patient’s genome sample was uploaded onto GISAID, the global genomic database used by virologists around the world to analyse and compare data.

On that same day, the CHP noticed a link between case 12388 and a second, labelled 12404 – someone who had not been to South Africa but was staying in the same hotel as the 36-year-old. In fact, their rooms were opposite each other on the 5th floor of the Regal Airport Hotel.

Case 12404 had checked into the hotel on 10 November, a day before case 12388, and tested negative twice before being diagnosed with Covid-19 on 18 November. He was also admitted to hospital.

Investigators swabbed the rooms of the two men – room 5111 for case 12404 and room 5112 for case 12388 – and found 25 positive samples of Covid-19 on surfaces and other areas.

The CHP report, published on 22 November and seen by i, reads: “Opinions from experts suggested that case 12404, who had stayed in the room opposite to the room where case 12388 had stayed, might have been infected with the virus while air flowed to the corridor when case 12388 opened his hotel room door without wearing a surgical mask, coupled with unsatisfactory air flow.”

Officials contact-traced everyone who stayed on their corridor between 11 and 14 November. It is believed there are no further cases.

Health experts in this country have told i this level of infectiousness – transmission occurring across a corridor when a hotel door is opened – has occurred with Delta, which is also a highly infectious strain.

But this still suggests it is a high-transmission variant, and the CHP report is one of a number that have been pored over by the UK Health Security Agency and World Health Organisation as they scramble to assess how infectious the B.1.1.529 variant is.

As officials in Hong Kong were investigating the two airport hotel cases, scientists in South Africa were trying to establish what was causing a new wave in the country, with an outbreak centred on Gauteng province.

Cases there had risen from a very low level at the start of November to an exponential growth of cases in the space of two weeks. Less than 1 per cent of people in Gauteng were testing positive at the start of November, but this rose to 6 per cent within a fortnight.

South Africa’s high level of genomic sampling meant scientists there were able to quickly establish something different about these new cases. Since 12 November, they have found 77 samples with what is known as S-gene failure – essentially a gene that is missing in a normal covid genome profile.

Although many scientists in South Africa and internationally were noticing evidence of a new variant, a virologist back in the UK was the first to officially report it.

On 22 November, the first sequences were uploaded onto GISAID – including the pair of travellers from Hong Kong.

The next day, Dr Tom Peacock, a virologist at Imperial College London, posted a Pango lineage request – essentially the internationally agreed system of naming covid variants.

Marking it “urgent”, he labelled it “B.1.1 descendant associated with Southern Africa with extremely high number of Spike mutations”, listing 32 of these changes – twice the number seen in Delta.

On Twitter, Dr Peacock described the profile of the variant as “horrific”. There were just four cases, but over the next 24 hours the online database entry would see more samples added – to around 10, including some from Botswana, South Africa and Hong Kong.

A fellow scientist, a geneticist from Stanford University, speculated in the comments that the virus was so different to the original Wuhan strain, Sars-Cov-2, it could be labelled “Sars-Cov-3” – “essentially restarting the pandemic”.

On the morning of Wednesday 24 November, after reading Dr Peacock’s Pango entry request, the i newspaper contacted officials in the UK government about the variant, which did not yet have a distinct label. The i was told UK Health Security Agency officials were looking into the variant as a “matter of routine”.

In fact, the agency’s top health experts were alerted to Dr Peacock and other scientists’ warnings about the variant, and were investigating it as a matter of urgency, including speaking to and offering assistance to scientists in South Africa.

The number of mutations, associated with everything from vaccine escape, higher transmission and higher viral load, caused serious concern among the UK’s top covid experts.

At lunchtime on Wednesday, the i was the first news organisation in the world to publish a story about the variant, which had just been assigned the label B.1.1.529.

Back in South Africa, it is understood, journalists read the i article and began asking the health department for a full briefing on what they knew about the variant.

By Thursday morning, as South African scientific experts gave their press conference, the full extent of the variant’s spread became clear. There were close to 100 cases in Gauteng, but Professor Tulio de Oliveira, a leading South African covid expert, told the press conference he expected there to be “many more” across South Africa.

It was clear the variant was spreading so fast in South Africa that action had to be taken by other governments.

On Thursday afternoon, senior health officials at the UKHSA advised ministers about the extent of the spread and its apparent superior infectiousness.

Within hours it became clear that – just 48 hours after the variant was first identified – ministers had to take drastic action, and they decided to ban flights from South Africa and five other southern African countries.

A senior health expert said the variant was the worst they had ever seen because the 32 mutations made it so dramatically different to the original Wuhan strain, to which the world is building up immunity.

By Friday, a string of other countries imposed travel bans on South Africa, and nervousness about the new variant’s threat to the pandemic recovery sent global stock markets tumbling.

The World Health Organisation, which took two months to designate Delta a variant of concern, decided B.1.1.529 needed the label just 72 hours after it was identified, giving it the Greek name Omicron.

Last edited:

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hands itchy to wanna hoot 2 qty of this. Either this or 2 qty of F912 Blue Pine KF94.

2 packs can get free shipping (must use the add another item eg Good Manner, apply coupon, then take away the Good Manner) simultaneously 2 coupons usage, together with $5 off black friday coupon in Q rewards.
End up 14.90 shipped to SG for 100pcs. Got another 100 Qpoints so $13.90.

Not sure if it is legit BFE 99.9% (they claim the packaging's BFE 95% is generically printed, fabric is 99.9%), . Not aiming to get like 0-26 particles/L performance on the meter @ 10-15k ambient. That is legit KF94 masks kinda performance.

If can get 50-100 i think i would be more than fine liao (of coz as close to 50 as possible :LOL:). Also can use for SG haze.

Best for rough use at such prices.

Not sure if the cutting is good or not. Not many reviews from KS Mall and Good Sell.
But the quality generally are all ok. *shrugs*

Will be a leap of faith for $13.90. *shrugs* If performance is decent as in BFE 99.9% type, then hit jackpot.

I mean lets face it, the best of the best of KF94s are really good, thing is.......when do we see ourselves mingling in say CNY pasar malam kind of conditions or Xmas in aircon shopping mall crowded conditions?
Or spend > 30 mins in crowded MRT trips?
For me, really quite rare. Current stock already more than sufficient

3acd4d11-cd96-4ef6-98c2-fefa0db5c1a3.s_400-w-fs_s.jpg

bro bought Prism or Blue Pine?
Blue Pine stated measurements seem big compared to Chamsarang ...

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
REcently got me thinking about kf94 vs surgical mask...

I went for training on a course recently...

Just happens into 3 weeks into the course, another class got trainers and trainees got infected and were quarrantined...

After that ordeal, i got to talked to one of the trainer who taught those trainees and ate with those trainers...

He was the only one who was not infected because he wore kf94...

ataurus

Reaction score
I'm also looking for masks for smaller faces (family members). Bought a few AirDays Medium to try. They are good but...expensive. Feel that Beak/2D KF94 designs fit smaller faces better. Unfortunately 2D masks are generally more expensive than the more common 3D/Fish design, and especially if they have smaller sizes and double especially if endorsed by some Korean superstar.

Am ordering from Hansol (qoo10; sorry no permission to post link), which is having a bulk offer for Medium at the moment. No need to pay Korean star endorsement fees. Will send over for testing when it comes in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.