kF94 or Surgical mask?

ataurus

Reaction score
REcently got me thinking about kf94 vs surgical mask...

I went for training on a course recently...

Just happens into 3 weeks into the course, another class got trainers and trainees got infected and were quarrantined...

After that ordeal, i got to talked to one of the trainer who taught those trainees and ate with those trainers...

He was the only one who was not infected because he wore kf94...

But he ate with them? Maybe he's asymptomatic.

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just happens into 3 weeks into the course, another class got trainers and trainees got infected and were quarrantined...

After that ordeal, i got to talked to one of the trainer who taught those trainees and ate with those trainers...

Same story as last year S, Korea outbreak in a Starbuck. Customers kenna, but employees wearing KF94 spared from infection.

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same story as last year S, Korea outbreak in a Starbuck. Customers kenna, but employees wearing KF94 spared from infection.
Its obviously a n95/kf94 is much better protection than surgical mask...

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro bought Prism or Blue Pine?
Blue Pine stated measurements seem big compared to Chamsarang ...
I ordered prism, still waiting for them to send out tho. That time black friday coupon, got it down to 14.98 for 2 qty (100pcs) and also free ship coupon so no 1.99. (need to use a similar trick that a kind fella previously shared to apply 2 coupons simultaneously).

Yeah, i read about the blue pine. Currently no small size masks like the chamsarang atm.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

But he ate with them? Maybe he's asymptomatic.

My kid also, class desks got SMM distancing and the infected fella infected the kids in a RHS arc beside his desk. My kid is just sitting on his right but never tio, coz use KF94 and also sealed additionally with surgical tape at the nose bridge + upper cheek area along the nose wire length. Suspect coz of the airflow from the fan.

100% universal masking........but always been showing in vids how fine aerosols can leak....albeit at reduced levels probably. But Prof Paul Tambyah and a gang from NCID researched and found that fine aerosols (less than 5 um) viral load is even higher than coarser droplets and they are all viable ie "alive" during talking and singing. :unsure: 🤪
So....... you know.

During recess, in the canteen, all are unmasked during makan of coz. But apparently no knowledge of spread there. All seated according to index number, same class ard the same level, and the remainder are all same level too, staggered timings between levels.

But it's wierd, there were also epidemiologically confirmed reports of spread between people in Australian (sydney) malls, unmasked, who just crossed paths for a brief 5-10 seconds, no physical contact. As seen on CCTV detailed contact tracing. So maybe it depends on the amount of viral shedding, the time when the more dangerous activities are done.

Bonus. Here's a simple paper on surgical, kf94 and n95.
It only shows outward filtration effectiveness, but i think it shd gives us useful info.
The surgical mask "issue" is that there are leaks at the sides, although it does reduce spread. I guess the key Q is - how much is that outward spread reduction and is it enough? Imagine what lesser filtration flat masks do, or cloth masks.

Results: A total of 7 patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection participated in the mask test. SARS-CoV-2 was detected on the petri dishes after coughing in 3 out of 7 cases with the surgical mask or no mask. Viral particles were not found in the petri dishes after coughing while wearing the N95 mask or the KF94 mask. While viral particles were detected in both the inner and outer surfaces of the surgical masks, those were detected only in the inner surfaces of the N95 and K94 masks.

Bonus vid

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just for info / ref : I have some mixstop gradient (A4 and A6), lavender, peach and kids white coming in.
Will measure when i get them maybe on Thur.

The white and black adult mixstop, i think they all have that typical deep cut out now. These 2 i think at the moment better avoid.

The other coloured ones are fine, seen some pics/vids on shopee. I just v recently measured a peach, filtration is very good, none of this deep cut notch.

Attaching some pics from recent reviews on shopee.
And the vid of the mixshop that i tested from 1 bro's.....that had very minimal filtration.

bf3a4b549a1b6eb303924efe1dc5a153

aeac2c3f0764f183f4be66c8fa81a6b6

My 19 nov test (with notch)

then the black headloop hijab one is no notch. Different machine/line.
25 nov review, v recent one.

3363f83a1c7925fa3b1c0f6b9cd4d2aa

red (notch not as deep)

4a10abef96e8f7ab152f07227693d819

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
F882 Kim's Well KF94 kids from Mezzang.

Need a day with 2X of this 2.5k ambient to confirm how good a KF94 it is. But so far so good.
At least not cheong.

week3nd

Reaction score
Just for info / ref : I have some mixstop gradient (A4 and A6), lavender, peach and kids white coming in.
Will measure when i get them maybe on Thur.

The white and black adult mixstop, i think they all have that typical deep cut out now. These 2 i think at the moment better avoid.

The other coloured ones are fine, seen some pics/vids on shopee. I just v recently measured a peach, filtration is very good, none of this deep cut notch.

Attaching some pics from recent reviews on shopee.
And the vid of the mixshop that i tested from 1 bro's.....that had very minimal filtration.

bf3a4b549a1b6eb303924efe1dc5a153

aeac2c3f0764f183f4be66c8fa81a6b6

My 19 nov test (with notch)

then the black headloop hijab one is no notch. Different machine/line.
25 nov review, v recent one.

3363f83a1c7925fa3b1c0f6b9cd4d2aa

red (notch not as deep)

4a10abef96e8f7ab152f07227693d819
So the shallow notch is still fine?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the shallow notch is still fine?
For those with shallow notches or no notches, that seems to be the case, from the few samples i am getting.
Though, technically of course, i can't say with 100% certainty till i test each and every one.

week3nd

Reaction score
For those with shallow notches or no notches, that seems to be the case, from the few samples i am getting.
Though, technically of course, i can't say with 100% certainty till i test each and every one.

Ok I see. Some time ago I bought one pack of individually wrapped ones and the 10 in a pack one to try. Noticed that the individually wrapped ones have the shallow notch and those 10 in a pack have the deep cut. Maybe that's where the difference comes from. Anyway will reserve the mass packed ones for rough outdoor use then.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my stuff. All the 5 types of mixshop does not have that deep notch cut-out at the nose bridge area. All measured ok, pass.

I think only the black/white 10-pack has them? Suspect those are the batches that are failing bad.
(also according to the review)

F882 Kim Well's kids KF94 vs Mixshop 10-pk peach lavender grey gradient kids

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My F912 arrived. For those who needs size comparison, here I compared the F912(bottom) to the F731(top). Very similar size, with 912 a little bit bigger. Also the earloop is alot thicker. Though I haven't worn both of them yet, but i think those who wears the 731 should be able to wear the 912.

IMG-20211130-202519.jpg

Below is 731 ontop of 912
IMG-20211130-202743.jpg

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My F912 arrived. For those who needs size comparison, here I compared the F912(bottom) to the F731(top). Very similar size, with 912 a little bit bigger. Also the earloop is alot thicker. Though I haven't worn both of them yet, but i think those who wears the 731 should be able to wear the 912.

IMG-20211130-202519.jpg

IMG-20211130-202743.jpg
Thank you!
How is the texture of F912? F731 looks smoother?
The elastic earloops similar length?

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you!
How is the texture of F912? F731 looks smoother?
The elastic earloops similar length?

Ya, 731 smooether texture.

912 on the right, 731 on the left. Hanging on the window grill with similar S hook.

The spot weld for both mask is of the same height, this suggest the the size of th eear loop is the same. Not accounting for thickness.
One thing to note the distance between the spot weld from the left loop to the right loop is shorter for the 912. I think may be slightly more tension for 912.
912vs731-earlopop-distance.jpg

Take note I haven't worn any of them, as the 731 was meant for my wife smaller face, I wear the bigger 808. So my comments are base on observations,and not experience.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, 731 smooether texture.

912 on the right, 731 on the left. Hanging on the window grill with similar S hook.

The spot weld for both mask is of the same height, this suggest the the size of th eear loop is the same. Not accounting for thickness.
One thing to note the distance between the spot weld from the left loop to the right loop is shorter for the 912. I think may be slightly more tension for 912.
912vs731-earlopop-distance.jpg

Take note I haven't worn any of them, as the 731 was meant for my wife smaller face, I wear the bigger 808. So my comments are base on observations,and not experience.
Thank you bro for photos and detailed analysis!
My wife also has a small face, using F919..

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

IMG-20211130-202519.jpg

IMG-20211130-202743.jpg
Thanks for this comparison. 👍

So if one finds the F919 more comfortable than the F731 that's looser, I guess F912 won't really work then... :unsure:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.