kF94 or Surgical mask?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, the F929 has two MB filter...
I saw it's 4-ply, unlike F731 and F919.

My black KF94 from another seller should arrive in a couple of days, will see how it goes while keeping F929 in mind. I mainly use white masks while the black ones are for when I feel like a change.

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw it's 4-ply, unlike F731 and F919.

My black KF94 from another seller should arrive in a couple of days, will see how it goes while keeping F929 in mind. I mainly use white masks while the black ones are for when I feel like a change.
Yes it's 4 ply.
But a 4 ply with both of the inside filters being Meltblown is not common. Really good stuff.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes it's 4 ply.
But a 4 ply with both of the inside filters being Meltblown is not common. Really good stuff.
Wanna send 1 pc to me for testing on the laser particle counter? If just 1pc + use smallish envelope, 37c or 1st local can liao no need 60c.

From Mezzang is of coz among the safest, but then recently we found out that even with confirmed pdts (F731 K-medic) there could be a small slide in filtration with some batches.

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna send 1 pc to me for testing on the laser particle counter? If just 1pc + use smallish envelope, 37c or 1st local can liao no need 60c.
Mine is blue pine, 3 ply one.. the 4 ply with two mb filters is the new 929.
I can send one blue pine to you.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is blue pine, 3 ply one.. the 4 ply with two mb filters is the new 929.
I can send one blue pine to you.
Oh......orh, not F929. Blue Pine is a legit product, i think i posted the MFDS entry. Sure just send 1 copy to me then. 👌
Coz from Mezzang is of coz among the safest, but then recently we found out that even with confirmed pdts (F731 K-medic) there could be a small slide in filtration with some batches.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But the earloop, obiang. 🤣
Actually i have seen some flat surgical masks like that....seen some pax wearing these big flat earloops in real life.
At least from a practical standpoint, that is good.

Like the mixshop i have gotten from last night......wa lao, 5mm width ear loops, solid. From my exp with china stuff, extended hours also wont be painful.
The KF94 made in korea ones vary between 3 to 3.5mm, some lousier ones (including the BFE 99.9% korean ones for some batches) can get down to 2.5mm. Still got some chance to be painful esp the 2.5mm ones.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But now with omicron imminent, i think best to aim for at least the BFE 99.9% stuff.
Esp so for those with underlying conditions and with just 2 mrna jabs. (I'm not going for my 3rd mrna, neither is my wife.....we'll go for alternatives)

Bare bare minimum also the SBU (from ILSON) 3D mask BFE 99.9%.
(but this SBU MIK BFE 99.9% measures a wee bit worse than the mixstop MIC BFE 99.9% )
Compare this with the F727 BFE 99.9% from Mezzang, at the same levels......and do your relative compario.
Self explanatory ba........

Ambient 18k, is somewhat high

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There are indications that individuals fully vaccinated against corona within six months or with the booster are also protected against the Omicron variant, Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz said on Tuesday, after another two cases were identified, bringing the total to four.

“In the coming days we will have more accurate information about the efficacy of the vaccine against Omicron, but there is already room for optimism, and there are initial indications that those who are vaccinated with a vaccine still valid or with a booster will also be protected from this variant,” Horowitz said while visiting the Soroka Medical Center in Beersheba with Finance Minister Avigdor Liberman.

“The vaccine is really crucial right now,” said Horowitz. “Anyone who is exposed to the variant without a vaccine will put themselves at unnecessary risk.”

Later in the evening, a report by Channel 12 said the Pfizer vaccine is just slightly less effective in preventing infection with Omicron than with Delta – 90% as opposed to 95% – while it is as effective – around 93% – in preventing serious symptoms at least for those vaccinated with a booster.

According to the report, the ability of the variant to infect is higher than Delta but not as much as feared – around 1.3 times higher.

cakes.cakes

Master Member
Reaction score
Reading this thread very informative thanks guys! what is best kf94 in shoppee to buy?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just for reference, my hobby pal kena covid liao. Always washes his hands and alc hand sanitizer after touching things. No dining out of any sort, not even at workplace.
20% WFH thereabouts (majority WFH).

But mask wears the MIC coloured KF94s. Not mixshop hor, and not those Anhui xin xin or higher filtration stuff from TB that i have tested and posted here before.

What i know is that i have this type too, is 1 low gsm meltblown, and the filtration result is as below.
Was the infection due to the mask inability to filter adequately even though it is decently sealed (tho no 3M micropore)? Not sure.......
But, it is what it is.......

I'd also caution folks wearing just flat surgical masks without any form of sealing modification.

5k ambient.

F0jhYvi.jpg

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reading this thread very informative thanks guys! what is best kf94 in shoppee to buy?
If want to prevent acquiring the infection to a very high degree (will never be 100.0% hor), go for the korean ones. If you are adamant in not acquiring covid at the moment (till better therapeutics arrive etc), better seal at the nose bridge and upper cheek areas with some surgical tape to seal the leaks.
Of coz, other NPIs (non pharmaceutical interventions) apply.....

Mixshop MIC BFE 99.9% is decent as well, can use.....but for the moment avoid their white and black ones . The coloured and gradient ones are fine.

The MIC "KF94s" better not use, unless you can send them to me for testing. But if you have not purchased, just dont buy.......go for the korean ones.

ps. Avoid the korean brand "Blue World" on shopee, since you have not purchased yet.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the test result for it?
So this is can buy or avoid?

No, better avoid, unless if you are wearing it say for brisk walking (which my wife and I and kids are using all these for.......much better breathability). Somemore we exercise at the sky garden where there is ample wind. But there are people who are maskless exercising there.
Same for other similar MIC masks, unless if you can send to me for testing/confirmation.
But then, if you have not purchased, why bother.......coz i have shared qoo10 BFE 99/9% stuff which are not expensive.
And MIXSHOP coloured ones are not expensive also.

Here is one vid for ref
Pls note the ambient levels right at the start. Coz different ambient different filtration numbers if you are referencing the below to my other vids.
Ambient 5.5k

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.