kF94 or Surgical mask?

uniqlo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, can see your budget many many. :LOL: (y) For others reading this, there are more budget friendly options in bulk pack, eg that F731 bulk pack of 50s, at half the price. A fair bit less comfy, but ok lah.....can do for daily use one (coz some pax might speak a lot in office or outside/onsite, and so use up 2-3 masks per day)

But if can afford, ok lah. Rather than spend money go out makan 1 big "unhealthy" meal for whole family easily $100+ liao.
hey man I went to order 5 boxes based on your input , hope they are nice to use lol

normally I buy 1-2 boxes to try first nia

bopian only the white color got promo, the grey and black regular prices as I am typing this message. I prefer the look of the black mask though..

soyalove

Reaction score
hey man I went to order 5 boxes based on your input , hope they are nice to use lol
bopian only the white color got promo, the grey and black regular prices as I am typing this message. I prefer the look of the black mask though..

Can share the link? Don’t think it’s been posted here as yet

@WussRedXLi if you know also pls share, thank you!
:s21:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Here..... actually for rougher/more frequent changing usage, the F731 is fine as well. The inner ply is slightly rougher and there is partial collapse of the mask during inhalation, but that is about it.

Uniqlo pasted the good manner above. This is the F731

Do note that for us, we do use around 3 inches strip of 1/2 inch 3M micropore to secure any leaks at the nose bridge and upper cheeks, the area where the nose wire is. Kiasi a bit, there is no real drawback.
Absolute confidence when outside even in crowded areas, partner with meticulous hand hygiene so that no cross contamination happens.
Not about kiasi, but more of protecting yourself also means protective your loved ones esp those unvaxxed or vulnerable esp since today the healthcare svcs already much degraded, so you dont really wanna be hospitalised even if not for covid/.

https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=683226694

Last edited:

SDR34G

Reaction score
i also ordered F731 and will just use for take away food. saw quite a few PPE people going to my surrounding blocks.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

bopian only the white color got promo, the grey and black regular prices as I am typing this message. I prefer the look of the black mask though.
i also ordered F731 and will just use for take away food. saw quite a few PPE people going to my surrounding blocks.

Thanks bro, after I show your post to my wife.. she ordered 10 boxes of good manner

Bonus video. Self explanatory.

The N95 a bit difficult to 100% seal though, even with the very stiff nose wire. Those soft ones on KF94, forget it. That's why i always advocate using 1/2 inch 3M micropore tape for current high caseloads.

Do it this way, 2 pcs left and right . A bit too long in the pic below, but you get the idea.

dtuRvKC.jpg

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro I need a good kn94/95 or N95 for my pioneer gen parents and for going overseas. Is this charmzone brand good? Or do you have any good and honest mask? Gum Xia
The F731 shared around is good for our faces and economical option + good general workhorse KF94 (not really too big, too big would cause leaks here and there) or this Good Manner brand is premium stuff, good for even ngeow pax. The Good Manner innerply is damn smooth, plus the breathability is among the best i have ever encountered (albeit the differences are not very big, but it's somewhat noticeable if you A/B compare).

No need to get the other Charmzone ones, too ex.....

N95 not very practical for the general public, except in very dire situations. The headband pressure is too much for general public, for good reasons (sealing) of coz.
3M micropore tape + say the Good Manner KF94 is very comfy and gets to the level of a well fitted N95. (as long as you tape nicely and check no leaks). Wear 1 whole day 10 hrs also no issue without any physical activity, i can guarantee you.

Can dont use the tape to seal of coz, juz that u wont get the best fitted filtration nia.

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi @WussRedXLi , those recommendations you have are mostly, it not all, found in qoo10
any recommended ones from Shopee?

saw this:
https://shopee.sg/⭐KF94-50pcs⭐-FDA-...eak-type-Made-in-korea-i.17212658.10505524429
cheap cheap, but dunno ok bo
Qoo10 is the best in pricing for made in korea kf94...cheaper than shopee.

You can try finding the Good Manner kf94 on shopee...i think got sell there.
But cheapest is still on qoo10 for good manner, got seller now selling 18.23 50pcs after 3 dollar coupon and free ship coupon. This is a premium grade mask, v good innerply material so it is extremely comfy.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qoo10 is the best in pricing for made in korea kf94...cheaper than shopee.

You can try finding the Good Manner kf94 on shopee...i think got sell there.
But cheapest is still on qoo10 for good manner, got seller now selling 18.23 50pcs after 3 dollar coupon and free ship coupon. This is a premium grade mask, v good innerply material so it is extremely comfy.
kum sai!!

then i will use my expiring shopee coins on other stuff!

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here..... actually for rougher/more frequent changing usage, the F731 is fine as well. The inner ply is slightly rougher and there is partial collapse of the mask during inhalation, but that is about it.

Uniqlo pasted the good manner above. This is the F731

Do note that for us, we do use around 3 inches strip of 1/2 inch 3M micropore to secure any leaks at the nose bridge and upper cheeks, the area where the nose wire is. Kiasi a bit, there is no real drawback.
Absolute confidence when outside even in crowded areas, partner with meticulous hand hygiene so that no cross contamination happens.
Not about kiasi, but more of protecting yourself also means protective your loved ones esp those unvaxxed or vulnerable esp since today the healthcare svcs already much degraded, so you dont really wanna be hospitalised even if not for covid/.

https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=683226694
The F731 shared around is good for our faces and economical option + good general workhorse KF94 (not really too big, too big would cause leaks here and there) or this Good Manner brand is premium stuff, good for even ngeow pax. The Good Manner innerply is damn smooth, plus the breathability is among the best i have ever encountered (albeit the differences are not very big, but it's somewhat noticeable if you A/B compare).

No need to get the other Charmzone ones, too ex.....

N95 not very practical for the general public, except in very dire situations. The headband pressure is too much for general public, for good reasons (sealing) of coz.
3M micropore tape + say the Good Manner KF94 is very comfy and gets to the level of a well fitted N95. (as long as you tape nicely and check no leaks). Wear 1 whole day 10 hrs also no issue without any physical activity, i can guarantee you.

Can dont use the tape to seal of coz, juz that u wont get the best fitted filtration nia.

So 4 or 3 ply is better?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So 4 or 3 ply is better?
It doesnt matter, both if KF94 versions would protect just as well (and also verified by my measurements).

Eg i have measured before the F727 4-ply (non KF94), but BFE 99.9%) measuring a wee bit slightly worse than say the F801 KF94, which is quite a fair bit thinner and 20% lighter than the F727.

That said, i have 5 ply china masks which are way thicker and heavier, measuring way worse than the 3-ply F801.

Just get the F731 for rough use. Or the Good Manner if you have higher budget and can appreciate premium use. But nothing wrong with F731, perfectly usable unless if the pax is super duper ngeow on inner ply quality/smoothness. Both are v breathable.

I chanced across some coloured Good Manner KF94s, here.
If use the 30% $3 coupon + free ship, it would be 18 dollars shipped only.
I have not seen any coloure KF94 masks before. Only coloured BFE 95% - 99.9% coloured 3D masks (not KF94s, but shaped like them of coz)
https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=697687324

PooterKingII

Reaction score
some cheap kf94 can’t filter anything much. Some made in china one are quite bad. Get HSA one better. Try air plus or MaskSafe. Both very comfortable. If not get the made in Korea kf 94. Proper n95 is the best. Harder and expensive to get but good for high risk area. N100 also can. But the n95 up are very uncomfortable to wear long hours leh
Yes, cheapo kf94 will have that irritating stringy thing insai the mask. It will tickle the nostrils when you inhale.

Nothing beats a N95 but damn hard to breathe.

Passerbytoday

Reaction score
Yes, cheapo kf94 will have that irritating stringy thing insai the mask. It will tickle the nostrils when you inhale.

Nothing beats a N95 but damn hard to breathe.
The tulan thing is the cheapo kf94 don’t filter as good as a proper kf94.

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It doesnt matter, both if KF94 versions would protect just as well (and also verified by my measurements).

Eg i have measured before the F727 4-ply (non KF94), but BFE 99.9%) measuring a wee bit slightly worse than say the F801 KF94, which is quite a fair bit thinner and 20% lighter than the F727.

That said, i have 5 ply china masks which are way thicker and heavier, measuring way worse than the 3-ply F801.

Just get the F731 for rough use. Or the Good Manner if you have higher budget and can appreciate premium use. But nothing wrong with F731, perfectly usable unless if the pax is super duper ngeow on inner ply quality/smoothness. Both are v breathable.

I chanced across some coloured Good Manner KF94s, here.
If use the 30% $3 coupon + free ship, it would be 18 dollars shipped only.
I have not seen any coloure KF94 masks before. Only coloured BFE 95% - 99.9% coloured 3D masks (not KF94s, but shaped like them of coz)
https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=697687324

Thank u🙏.
I am a female and m face is small. Which one should i buy. Is F882 for kids good?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank u🙏.
I am a female and m face is small. Which one should i buy. Is F882 for kids good?

Female face, both the F731 and Good manner would do. If earloop is still loose, tie up a small knot at the earloop. Srsly cannot be helped if you after a perfect seal, cannot run from using 3M micropore to stick on the upper cheek/nose bridge area. Ear loop designs not meant to exert sufficient pressure to maintain a good seal in real life activities (some change the BYD N95 from headstrap to ear loop, same thing, will degrade the seal if don't use surgical tape to help)

Not sure how is the F882, but from the dimensions it shd not be suitable for above age 9. (tho they say up to 11, but dont push it.

Use this link if you have the 30% $3 coupon + free ship coupon via Q Lounge....
Can get down to $15 free shipping included.

https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=699670330

Talking about kids, i dont think shd take chances, not at such high levels.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...e-merlion-before-she-was-diagnosed-with-covid
Aaisyah was rushed to the National University Hospital (NUH) the day she tested positive. She was admitted into the neonatal intensive care unit.

Aaisyah had to undergo blood tests and a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) swab. The baby is too young to receive medication.

"I cried because as a mother, this was too much to handle," Ms Hawa said.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.