kF94 or Surgical mask?

jn2k16

Reaction score
BTW talking about protective effect of the mask when donned by infected pax........
Don't bank on it unless if you are truly wearing 100% tested/confirmed masks and totally sealed.
You will never know even if the infected pax is wearing a mask and there is no Aircon, no 100% bao jiak one, unless if you are donning high filtration masks fully sealed which then reduces heckloads. It all depends in viral load, duration, distance, airflow etc.

Update : My kid and his classmates kena second round of CCT (close contact tracing) and confirmed HRW liao.
Coz the first round +ve pax did spread to 2 confirmed via PCR (from what we know via parents WA grp chat) coz the 1st round that time the kid was already symptomatic in class before he went to the general office sick bay near at the end of the day. So probably already 2-3 half-days worth of exposure liao. There was a 3rd kid actually who reported symptoms but parents said not positive so probably false alarm.

And so this second round also triggered their own HRWs. Coz the kids do take ART daily before going to school.

Shd have been more kiasee and dont go like the other half of the class is doing.....basket. Coz only Monday absent but the form teacher (that time taking report book) said to ask all the kids to come, no school......mini orientation for next year class and bring to new classroom + class cleanup etc. Wah lao, shd have known better.
Bro I understand how you feel about letting ur child go to school, then now kena HRW. This kind of thing hard to predict one, can’t blame yourself...also you took precautions like letting ur child wear KF94 with 3M micropore. Life has to go on somehow, so we can only do our best to protect ourselves and stay safe in this current environment. Hopefully with better vaccines, treatments etc., this pandemic will end for good next year.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The inconsistency in Mixshop’s mask quality is concerning. Just to check, is the other Mixshop mask in the video (the one that did well) made by Anhui Huiyun? Thanks.

Bro timeworncobra mentioned that the individually wrapped one are by a "Dongguan Mayo".

But seriously i also have Anhui Huiyun ones, the Mixshop kids version, they measured good too, same as the one in the individually wrapped one in the video. So i think it depends on luck ultimately, it could be just due to luck ultimately.

The MIXSHOP's KF94 in this test seems to be the non-individually packed variant, which is made by another producer (anhui huiyun isntead of Dongguan Mayo). Suspected that the anhui variant aint as good, but from your testing, its terrible.

Mishop kids in 10 pack by Anhui Huiyun

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro I understand how you feel about letting ur child go to school, then now kena HRW. This kind of thing hard to predict one, can’t blame yourself...also you took precautions like letting ur child wear KF94 with 3M micropore. Life has to go on somehow, so we can only do our best to protect ourselves and stay safe in this current environment. Hopefully with better vaccines, treatments etc., this pandemic will end for good next year.
Heng is now school hols. :ROFLMAO: So just stay at home pa game. Ok lah.....clear some AL also, wife too.

cnybuddy

Reaction score
Siao liao i bought some mixshop 10pieces kf94 and different colors.
Not individual pack type

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
edit: btw you guys cleared all the local stocks of good manner KF94? walau eh!
the overseas charmzone good manner is almost 1.5x times the price from local stock last time
Nope for me i never topped up my Good Manner already.

Last time buy from Shasha Korea still ok.
Normal price 21.23, can use $3 coupon (the 30% discount one) and free shipping coupon via Q Lounge roulette spin simultaneously. And Qpoints also significantly easier to get, so to deduct 300-400 ($3-4 disc) is rather easy.
Easily 14.23-15.23 everything in.

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Siao liao i bought some mixshop 10pieces kf94.
Not individual pack type
Send to me for testing.... . :ROFLMAO: PM me

Bo bao is bad, coz i have tested 10-pk ones, both my kids version, and another pax's 2pc of kids and 2 pcs of adults, both white and coloured (grey and pink), all ok.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will continue to use.
I noticed at times will get headache after using kf94

This is one of the small -ve, esp for those who are more sensitive to headaches/migranes, esp can be induced by CO2. I even have a nDIR CO2 meter in the AC room, coz it's a must to keep it below 1000ppm (keep a gap opened for the windows, amt of gap depends on the strength of the wind blowing and it varies from night to night). If not kids, wife keep getting migranes/headaches in the mornings esp and then continues into afternoon, then need stuff like paracetamol and quite a bit of times even naproxen sodium/diclofenac sodium.

But for me i am not sensitive to that.

5000ppm is too much for persons sensitive to migrane, there is a possibility of triggering headaches for them. Not always, but sometimes.

https://bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12879-021-06056-0
Use of face masks (KN95 and valved-respirator) resulted in significant increases in CO2 concentrations, which exceeded the 8-h NIOSH exposure threshold limit value-weighted average (TLV-TWA). However, the increases in CO2 concentrations did not breach short-term (15-min) limits.

NIOSH has a REL for carbon dioxide not to exceed 5,000 ppm over an 8-hour TWA and a 15-minute TWA STEL of 30,000 ppm for carbon dioxide in workplace air.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7159726/

ps. Don't confuse this mask wearing CO2 issue with oxygen......both are very different things. You wont have issues with oxygen due to wearing such respirators.

ataurus

Reaction score
Bro, Shadow Moon is quite good measurements. 100% totally legit. See one vid above which i tested against the other masks which i used Shadown Moon as a reference mask.

Will wait for a hazier day to stress test.

SURGISYL surgical vs Shadow Moon KF94

Thank you for your community service! Good to know.

ataurus

Reaction score
Only thing is that the Surgyisl surgical mask is surprising. They are supposed to be ASTM 3. Made and certified in Singapore.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only thing is that the Surgyisl surgical mask is surprising. They are supposed to be ASTM 3. Made and certified in Singapore.

Got it....same results
Ambient about half of what was tested in your last vid

Sodomicha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually do u guys dine-in yet?till now i still tabao foods cos i don't really dare to remove my mask esp indoor.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually do u guys dine-in yet?till now i still tabao foods cos i don't really dare to remove my mask esp indoor.
me too, don't feel safe removing my mask, especially aircon places. I don't even tabao food, scare of infected food handlers :o
we have been cooking our meals for the longest stretch without outside food, recently wife start to bake own bread too :ROFLMAO:

Sodomicha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me too, don't feel safe removing my mask, especially aircon places. I don't even tabao food, scare of infected food handlers :o
we have been cooking our meals for the longest stretch without outside food, recently wife start to bake own bread too :ROFLMAO:
I'd tried to cook daily but quite tired and bored so weekends i will tabao.When i touch money and take my takeaway i will spray 70% isopropyl alcohol on my hands and arms.

When i get home i will immediately throw away the plastic bag and wash my hands.After that i microwave heat up the foods.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'd tried to cook daily but quite tired and bored so weekends i will tabao.When i touch money and take my takeaway i will spray 70% isopropyl alcohol on my hands and arms.

When i get home i will immediately throw away the plastic bag and wash my hands.After that i microwave heat up the foods.
good practice!
my house meals also quite repetitive one but I feel safe and healthier using own oil and salt etc :o But I also miss eating out at all my fave places, food we can't do at home. Sigh.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not dining in, dabao zhi char or cook hotpot. Is nice. We go to our parent's house on weekends to makan, and sometimes also on 1 weekday. Also good that my parents just half a km away, we walk over.
My wife parents not here in SG, overseas. So no problem there.....

No worries on the food handlers, risk via food is infinitely miniscule.

But note, that is the food, not the plastic containers or the plastic bags. You might wanna hand sanitizer after handling them containers/bags, small risk for that.

ps. And srsly can't dine in anyway liao......Monday is 5 pax all the way.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.