KKH considering continuously monitoring newborn's vital signs after 11-day-old baby dies

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RIP to the baby.

Woah what's continuous documentation?

Cannot stop documenting ?

More frequent monitoring I can understand.

williewombat615

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually when management says they will consider, it means they won’t take action. Say consider to keep auditors happy only.

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This type of case usually end up with cerebral palsy.

Coffeelix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Story time?
Last time I was suffering from hyperthyroidism that led to bulging eyes with occasional lower eyelid lashes tilted inward. It brushed my cornea and caused infection. I went to TTSH and the trainee doctor called his boss and was given 2 eyes oilments to be applied every hourly. One of the oilment expired within an hour of dispensing to me. Not only I was deprived of rest with the hourly application, my eye became red swollen. I called to ask for clarification. The doctor return my call and said if I don’t do as instructed, she would have me warded and have the nurse do it hourly. Finally when I returned for follow up, I was carrying a cooler box to store the 2 oilment and continued to apply every hourly. When the doctor saw me, he told me to stop cos my eye was ozzing pus beside being red swollen: overdose.

When I had another similar cornea infection, I went to SGH instead. The lady professor proposed to cut my ear lobes to attach to my lower eyelids so the lashes won’t tilt inward.

I told her No Thanks. I don’t want to be her Guinea pig and turn into a monster.

Whenever I feel uncomfortable at the eye, I will check and pluck hair that is sticking inward. A simple solution and never suffer another infection since. Also I started to take mixed vegetables fruit juice weekly and my hyperthyroidism is healed without medication and my bulgy eyes are better now.

My comprehensive health screen revealed one of my breast has “cells coming together” and was urged to seek professional opinion. I went to kkh and was ordered mammogram. I told the lady doctor I must had one for the health screening. She said she needed it. In all, she sent me for 2 more mammograms under her and 3 in total in less than a year. Luckily, she found nothing alarming and discharged me. I m still fine to this day cos I took the weekly mixed vegetables fruit juice.

Over at TTSH, the doctor ordered for biopsy of my thyroid 3 times and all the different radiologists attending to me refused to do it. TTSH doctor didn’t tell me why. He sent me to SGH to do a radioactive test without telling me and just said TTSH didn’t have this machine. After the test, he ordered me to surgically remove my thyroid. I disagreed cos without proof from biopsy, it might not be cancerous as he deemed. He said as my doctor, he ordered me to do the surgery. That was the last time he saw me. I retired to jb and Stopped medication. I’m fine to this day.

I booked for the first slot at the national
Skin Centre. I was late by 10 minutes. I waited until lunch time and it seem no more patient was waiting. I saw doctors nurses leaving for lunch. I went up to the registration counter and the staff there said since I was late, I had to wait. She said she didn’t process for me yet and my file is still sitting on the counter behind her.

This is sg doctors, Unprofessional, Abusive and worst of all, they aren’t skilled in their field. Only cares to make us their Guinea pig.

Luckily I delivered both my kids in usa and had the best of care with truly skillful professional doctors and know sg are thrash.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RIP to the baby.

Woah what's continuous documentation?

Cannot stop documenting ?

More frequent monitoring I can understand.
Means monitor but no record lor. After baby died they say the baby was normal during monitoring, but no data to verify

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Means monitor but no record lor. After baby died they say the baby was normal during monitoring, but no data to verify
Ok that means to do proper documentation. Continuous sounds like an impossible job.

I believe for such special cases, the machines will do monitoring.

There should be alerts for critical levels. Can't possibly and not productive to let nurses to monitor and document too frequently.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time I was suffering from hyperthyroidism that led to bulging eyes with occasional lower eyelid lashes tilted inward. It brushed my cornea and caused infection. I went to TTSH and the trainee doctor called his boss and was given 2 eyes oilments to be applied every hourly. One of the oilment expired within an hour of dispensing to me. Not only I was deprived of rest with the hourly application, my eye became red swollen. I called to ask for clarification. The doctor return my call and said if I don’t do as instructed, she would have me warded and have the nurse do it hourly. Finally when I returned for follow up, I was carrying a cooler box to store the 2 oilment and continued to apply every hourly. When the doctor saw me, he told me to stop cos my eye was ozzing pus beside being red swollen: overdose.

When I had another similar cornea infection, I went to SGH instead. The lady professor proposed to cut my ear lobes to attach to my lower eyelids so the lashes won’t tilt inward.

I told her No Thanks. I don’t want to be her Guinea pig and turn into a monster.

Whenever I feel uncomfortable at the eye, I will check and pluck hair that is sticking inward. A simple solution and never suffer another infection since. Also I started to take mixed vegetables fruit juice weekly and my hyperthyroidism is healed without medication and my bulgy eyes are better now.

My comprehensive health screen revealed one of my breast has “cells coming together” and was urged to seek professional opinion. I went to kkh and was ordered mammogram. I told the lady doctor I must had one for the health screening. She said she needed it. In all, she sent me for 2 more mammograms under her and 3 in total in less than a year. Luckily, she found nothing alarming and discharged me. I m still fine to this day cos I took the weekly mixed vegetables fruit juice.

Over at TTSH, the doctor ordered for biopsy of my thyroid 3 times and all the different radiologists attending to me refused to do it. TTSH doctor didn’t tell me why. He sent me to SGH to do a radioactive test without telling me and just said TTSH didn’t have this machine. After the test, he ordered me to surgically remove my thyroid. I disagreed cos without proof from biopsy, it might not be cancerous as he deemed. He said as my doctor, he ordered me to do the surgery. That was the last time he saw me. I retired to jb and Stopped medication. I’m fine to this day.

I booked for the first slot at the national
Skin Centre. I was late by 10 minutes. I waited until lunch time and it seem no more patient was waiting. I saw doctors nurses leaving for lunch. I went up to the registration counter and the staff there said since I was late, I had to wait. She said she didn’t process for me yet and my file is still sitting on the counter behind her.

This is sg doctors, Unprofessional, Abusive and worst of all, they aren’t skilled in their field. Only cares to make us their Guinea pig.

Luckily I delivered both my kids in usa and had the best of care with truly skillful professional doctors and know sg are thrash.
You sound like a very rich person based on this reply.

glarerder

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a group of people kept saying the monitor situation wor but acherly also no record ??

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see parents use those canvas kind of baby carrier n the baby head cupped against the parent’s chest n the hood over the baby’s head. Like that won’t suffocate?

lala24

Banned
Reaction score
always have the impression that doctors in singapore are severely severely lacking in experience..
Depends on source of doctors. Whether imported with dubious degrees or locals from established medical schools

Strikingjackpotsoon

Reaction score
The nurses at KKH very busy d. Then near year end sure understaff coz some clear leave.
whether understaff or what, end of the day, when it is your job, you need to do it professionally. otherwise dont be nurse or doctor la. during covid period, the healtcare workers salary keep increasing one leh, they got compensated by getting more salary leh.

is like chicken rice stall, u go buy chicken rice then the chicken and rice both taste like ****, the owner tell you, because understaff. you will accept the explanation a not?

moreover, the chickenrice like **** then still increase price. you as consumer will happy a not?

Strikingjackpotsoon

Reaction score
High risk then should go KKh. Cox they are the best equipped hospital already. Just unfortunate such tragedy happens..

You are very right. This is the reality in Singapore.

Once there is a complication, most people will got to KKH because of 2 reason - 'only kkh got the equipment and because of SUBSIDY.

Parents only have 1 choice for complication in pregnancy = KKH.

Strikingjackpotsoon

Reaction score
The problem in KKH also is that, those Senior Consultant - experienced doctor. you need an advanced booking one.

before you are pregnant, you can already book their time.

Strikingjackpotsoon

Reaction score
confirm G hospitals always like to promote natural delivery i also had v bad exp there most are just junior doctors walking round doing sop stuff asking same questions and just do for the sake of doing

promote breast feeding too. keep insist mothers to breast feed even though there is no milk yet.
in KKH, i think only a handful of senior consultant (those sibei lao jiao one), the rest all went out for private practise liao.

Such a big hospital, their senior consultant for Gynae like not many.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.