Knowledge beyond Health & Fitness Corner

Haikaldingle

Reaction score
How do I gain mass?

Focus on Heavy compound exercises and sets. Compound exercises like the basic Squat, Deadlift and Bench press will build a good foundation for you. Go heavy from 6-8 reps and more sets somewhere from 4-6 sets. And basically...eat more

NofrillsfitnessSG

Reaction score
I am so grateful to have discovered the natural benefits of fitness and a clean + healthy lifestyle. My life has been changed for the better and as I pursue a career in health and fitness now, I hope to help others make the same discoveries and subsequent improvements also!
Keep it up!

gym.novation

Reaction score
What creative ways do you all have in your workouts in this **?

I made my own "5kg dumbbell" using a shoebag with waterbottles, then use it as a superset/burnout set after a 12-rep 10kg bicep curl.

Additionally, I also used that self made "dumbbell" to increase the weight of my existing 10kg dumbbell to do single arm dumbbell military press.

No choice... difficult times call for creative measures

Wanted to post an image, but cant. Picture on instagram: gym.novation

What do u guys think? Any better suggestions?

bryanseto

Reaction score
Free Pain Relief Recommendation

Hi all!

I notice that most Singaporeans have back / neck / shoulder / head pain from either bad posture, sports injury or waking up from the wrong side of the bed, etc :(

This is a common problem and usually Singaporeans tend to go to the less effective expert (TCM, Physio, Chiro, Manual Therapy) because they would ask their close ones for recommendations :eek:. However, what might work for your loved ones might not work for you because the root problem could be different :s11:

If anyone needs help to recommend a suitable expert for your pain, feel free to PM me or WhatsApp me at 81125657 :s12:

Disclaimer :s8:: I am not medically certified in any way but I have engaged conversations with experts across the wellness industry to give a rough idea for you. If your problem is too serious, I would direct you to a expert that could help you straight away or I would suggest you see a doctor :D

war116

Reaction score
i think thats basically why. i heard that if you sit too long, back muscles will weaken one then will get back pain

Bedokboy

Reaction score
How to run more? I plateau at around 15km
Try 80/20 training for endurance / running.

Means that 80% of all your running sessions will be at a low intensity - you'll be running really slowly. Run at a speed where you're able to hold an easy convo; that will be your benchmark that you're running at the right intensity. 20% of your running sessions, you'll be running at high intensity. If you have a running watch/ heart rate monitor, this will usually be within HR zone 4-5.

Slowly build up and run 5% longer than you did previously each week (e.g. Week 1 - 14km, Week 2 - 14.7km.... etc.) By Week 3 you should be running more than 15km, at low intensities!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.