Landlords: do you let your tenants use the wifi?

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
For those of you whom are landlords, do you let your tenants use the WiFi set up in your home?

wlcling

Reaction score
i thought this one is standard provision that tenants sure want... maybe just ensure router can throttle or something.

GBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the tenants paying for it, why not ?

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
i thought this one is standard provision that tenants sure want... maybe just ensure router can throttle or something.
No wifi which tenant wanna stay? :o
If the tenants paying for it, why not ?
Yup, I also thought it was a standard provision but I was browsing the reddit sub for landlords and realised that for most countries, Internet access is not provided and some landlords spoke of horror tales where their ISP blacklisted them because of "inappropriate website visits", so I was wondering how is the industry standard practise in Singapore.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your tenant surfs HWZ, u might end up being accused of clone accounts.

andyhtc

Master Member
Reaction score
I rent out as a whole unit without utilities and Wi-Fi subscriptions. There is less dispute this way.

@n0nym0us

Reaction score
Landlords don't usually provide wi-fi for their tenants.

Tenants will have to get their own broadband service and other utilities.

All tenants usually get when renting a property is the space of the house, some furniture... and that's it.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your tenant is staying with the landlord, most would just let the tenants use.

If it were me, I would lay down the conditions for use, and you have the right not to allow them to use if they were found to have breached any or more of the conditions.

When you Google, make sure to take note on the point that there are many who rent out whole unit. As such, Internet and Utilities are generally not included for such...

apriliasiao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better think twice if sharing wifi coz by routers default, all devices are on the same subnet and can "see each other". Can easily access in to these devices if no password protected.

Pokémon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better think twice if sharing wifi coz by routers default, all devices are on the same subnet and can "see each other". Can easily access in to these devices if no password protected.
Certain routers have a 'Guest WiFi' nowadays, which would separate it from your own.

It depends on how secure you wish to go for.

qhong61

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, I also thought it was a standard provision but I was browsing the reddit sub for landlords and realised that for most countries, Internet access is not provided and some landlords spoke of horror tales where their ISP blacklisted them because of "inappropriate website visits", so I was wondering how is the industry standard practise in Singapore.
Think u better dont rent out.

kl2015

Master Member
Reaction score
if they don't pay for it, no.
but if they pay for it, you must allow

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.