Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no more $$ have to reduce boc FD to less than $80k during renewal
so FD rate is 1.90%
cashier lady keep asking what is the purpose I take out $$$
at first I thought she wana sell Goh-Yok again.
then realise she just need to put the reason :s13:

spencerj

Reaction score
Just did a renewal of my 50k Bangkok Bank FD.Was offered 2.1% for 12 mths.Took it up immediately.:)

semiret

Reaction score
Just did a renewal of my 50k Bangkok Bank FD.Was offered 2.1% for 12 mths.Took it up immediately.:)

Rates drops already. Earlier this i think is mid Mar they still offer renewal 2.2% for 50k. If top up another 10k fresh fund they offer 2.3%. Both are for 12 mths.

luckygal

Master Member
Reaction score
So now 50k fresh fund can get 2.3%?

Rates drops already. Earlier this i think is mid Mar they still offer renewal 2.2% for 50k. If top up another 10k fresh fund they offer 2.3%. Both are for 12 mths.

semiret

Reaction score
So now 50k fresh fund can get 2.3%?

For new account opening minimum amount is currently at 200k. As mentioned earlier the interest rates seems dropping. I think shd be 2.1%. Best is give them a call to confirm current promotion rates.

vsvs24

Master Member
Reaction score
Be careful about Bangkok Bank. Try not to exceed SDIC amount. They filed claim of 124m against Hyflux. Things not looking good for Hyflux and they might lose all.

Reaction score
2.05% p.a. on 12-month SGD Time Deposit

fresh funds into your Maybank Current or Savings accounts.

Is there a way to sign up for this at ibanking if there is only iSavvy account? i do not have the normal account. Is isavvy a type of mb savings account?

clearsky2007

Reaction score
Be careful about Bangkok Bank. Try not to exceed SDIC amount. They filed claim of 124m against Hyflux. Things not looking good for Hyflux and they might lose all.

Hi, some question as I am still a noob with this.

Due to the Hyflux saga, if Bkk bank (spore) go “bankrupt”, we only get back which ever amt cover by sdic yea.

However, if the main Bkk (Thailand) is still around and can save spore branch, this means our FD will be safe so long as the main country bankBKK (Thailand) is not bankrupt?

If Bkk bank (Thailand) decided to close down or declare Bkk bank (spore) bankrupt because of Hyflux while it still remain operational in Thailand, does this mean we still lost any money above $50k not cover by SDIC??

lzydata

Master Member
Reaction score
2.05% p.a. on 12-month SGD Time Deposit

fresh funds into your Maybank Current or Savings accounts.

Is there a way to sign up for this at ibanking if there is only iSavvy account? i do not have the normal account. Is isavvy a type of mb savings account?

iSavvy is not in the list. I believe you will have to go to a branch to open a new savings account and also place the time deposit.

maple96

Reaction score

Due to the Hyflux saga, if Bkk bank (spore) go “bankrupt”, we only get back which ever amt cover by sdic yea.

However, if the main Bkk (Thailand) is still around and can save spore branch, this means our FD will be safe so long as the main country bankBKK (Thailand) is not bankrupt?

If Bkk bank (Thailand) decided to close down or declare Bkk bank (spore) bankrupt because of Hyflux while it still remain operational in Thailand, does this mean we still lost any money above $50k not cover by SDIC??

My basic rule: do not be greedy/risk for just a few more decimal points of interest when u already know there are potential problems, be it localised, country or global nature. When in doubt, avoid, SDIC is a last resort in "times of peace" only.

Reaction score
I've looked through the CASA list before it does not contain isavvy. Will going dn to the branch to do placement make a difference? the isavvy time deposit rate is also lower. don't know why make it so difficult, as i won't be opening yet another acct.

vsvs24

Master Member
Reaction score

Actually best not to place at all if there may be potential issues. SDIC claim has never taken place before....touch wood. No one knows how it works eg the process and how long it takes to get back the money. Someone mention ICBC 1.98%. Not worth the risk and worry for that little bit more interest.

luckygal

Master Member
Reaction score
True. Go with icbc better

Actually best not to place at all if there may be potential issues. SDIC claim has never taken place before....touch wood. No one knows how it works eg the process and how long it takes to get back the money. Someone mention ICBC 1.98%. Not worth the risk and worry for that little bit more interest.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.