Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

Utonian

Reaction score
looking for ideas where to move to also.
Hard pressed to find anything nowadays

Think can just keep 100 in citi maxigain to rebuild counter, i read no fall below charges and no minimum for base interest/bonus interest now?

heartywarrior

Reaction score

Think can just keep 100 in citi maxigain to rebuild counter, i read no fall below charges and no minimum for base interest/bonus interest now?
hur is it? no more the min $15k account balance if not charge fees? if like that then withdraw liao loh end of the mth... :s12:

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no have... rotting in the bank:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
this mth SSB is 1.45%:oops:

vsvs24

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

But Citi Maxigain cutting rates wef Nov 2021 🥺

Utonian

Reaction score
correct, so can move out everything keeping maybe 100 to rebuild counter (6 back up to 12) and see what develops?

Utonian

Reaction score
i think no more? read from there under T&C

#The base interest rate will be paid on the entire balance of your Citi MaxiGain Savings Account ("MaxiGain account"). No minimum balance is required to earn base interest.

^Your balances capped at S$70,000 shall accrue bonus interest at a rate ("Bonus Interest Rate") that steps up each month, from 0.05% p.a. to a maximum of 0.6% p.a., calculated based on your lowest balance in the previous month, if the lowest balance in your MaxiGain account in a month is equal to or greater than the lowest balance in the previous month. The lowest amount of funds in your MaxiGain account at any point in time in a month shall be the "lowest balance" of that month. The "Counter" increases by 1 each time the Bonus Interest Rate steps up. No minimum balance is required in your MaxiGain account to earn bonus interest.

heartywarrior

Reaction score
i think no more? read from there under T&C

#The base interest rate will be paid on the entire balance of your Citi MaxiGain Savings Account ("MaxiGain account"). No minimum balance is required to earn base interest.

^Your balances capped at S$70,000 shall accrue bonus interest at a rate ("Bonus Interest Rate") that steps up each month, from 0.05% p.a. to a maximum of 0.6% p.a., calculated based on your lowest balance in the previous month, if the lowest balance in your MaxiGain account in a month is equal to or greater than the lowest balance in the previous month. The lowest amount of funds in your MaxiGain account at any point in time in a month shall be the "lowest balance" of that month. The "Counter" increases by 1 each time the Bonus Interest Rate steps up. No minimum balance is required in your MaxiGain account to earn bonus interest.
9. These Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with the Citibank Singapore Global Consumer Banking Terms and Conditions.

^^The monthly minimum Total Relationship Balance (TRB) to be maintained by a customer is S$15,000. Account Service Fee of S$15 per month will apply if your TRB is less than S$15,000 at the end of each month.

so unless you got other CB a/cs with up to $15k, thus fullfilling the TRB, u will get charged monthly $15 fee

heartywarrior

Reaction score
Clicking the link provided, it is for Citi Priority?

If non citi priority i am only reading full T&C in the webpage.

from the above link, I believe TRB applies to all retailer banking customers...

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think similar to previous cycle Jul to Sep. Keep minimum to maintain HYSA+ in good standing when doing the musical chair.
yup, $500 is the min for HYSA+ the CSO also reminded me to keep account "in good standing" whatever that means to the bank.. -.-

Utonian

Reaction score
Thanks probably less effort to just close off the account totally.
In any case if maxigain interest ever increase, it will lag the market

luvpraline

Reaction score
How come no one mentioned tiq 1.62% for 3 years?

Besides this and GE 1.3% for 2 years, are there any better ones?

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ntuc gro capital 1.48% for 3 years. pretty low compared to Aviva at 1.8% previously and Tiq 1.62% currently

banyan8

Reaction score
yup, $500 is the min for HYSA+ the CSO also reminded me to keep account "in good standing" whatever that means to the bank.. -.-
The bonus interest T&C does not say about $500. Is it the min ADB for fall-below fee?

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The bonus interest T&C does not say about $500. Is it the min ADB for fall-below fee?
apologies but I might have mixed up with the high yield savings account (without the 'plus'). then again, idk if it's safe to assume there's no min. although it did say there's no fall-below fees chargeable for the HYSA+.

so I just stick $500 inside... following the HYSA.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.