Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

yongsaver

Reaction score
m i missing something here?....u can lock in for 12 months at 1.85% with ICBC..why choose to lock in 18 or even 24 months at the same rate?:s22:

RedSiskin

Reaction score
Yes.
Can transfer from icbc to other banks...they also have mobile app.
I typed www.icbc.com.sg as instructed by the bank but it warned that it was a 'risky' site.
IE Explorer kept redirecting me to cn.icbc. I managed to log in using Chrome, which I was not supposed to do, but later when I tried again, I was locked out for a day because I had used the wrong id or password. I don't think I did. If I can't get into the site tomorrow, I will go down to the branch to place the fixed deposit with a cheque instead of doing it online.

yongsaver

Reaction score
I typed www.icbc.com.sg as instructed by the bank but it warned that it was a 'risky' site.
IE Explorer kept redirecting me to cn.icbc. I managed to log in using Chrome, which I was not supposed to do, but later when I tried again, I was locked out for a day because I had used the wrong id or password. I don't think I did. If I can't get into the site tomorrow, I will go down to the branch to place the fixed deposit with a cheque instead of doing it online.

yep. their online site seemed to work only with Internet Explorer....i also tried a couple of times including installing some of their softwares before managing to log in...:s13: I find their mobile app better,..lucky while i was at the branch, the teller showed me how to navigate the app on my mobile phone...now i just use app only.

Reaction score
yep. their online site seemed to work only with Internet Explorer....i also tried a couple of times including installing some of their softwares before managing to log in...:s13: I find their mobile app better,..lucky while i was at the branch, the teller showed me how to navigate the app on my mobile phone...now i just use app only.

The website works fine with Safari on MacOS.

Reaction score
i think their system is the kiasi type with layers of authentication,..thats why v different from other banks.:s13:

What ICBC does is 'normal' for PRC banks, given the prevalence of malware in the country.

E.g., there are banks which issue security certificates via USB thumbdrives. For certain transactions, one has to stick the drive into the USB port before they can be performed.

:s22:

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
m i missing something here?....u can lock in for 12 months at 1.85% with ICBC..why choose to lock in 18 or even 24 months at the same rate?:s22:

Because the SDIC only insures for S$50k. For those who want to spread their eggs in different basket, will seek alternate banks after placing in ICBC.

yongsaver

Reaction score
Because the SDIC only insures for S$50k. For those who want to spread their eggs in different basket, will seek alternate banks after placing in ICBC.

your point is valid but if i have so much love to spread around, i would not even use HLB..

technically one can have a joint acc and that will insure for 100k. one can put icbc 100k...cimb next with another 100k..another 200k earmarked for SSB,..with spouse...another 100k in esaver as liquid funds. 500k should be enough to cater to most people excessive liquidity needs..:D

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your point is valid but if i have so much love to spread around, i would not even use HLB..

technically one can have a joint acc and that will insure for 100k. one can put icbc 100k...cimb next with another 100k..another 200k earmarked for SSB,..with spouse...another 100k in esaver as liquid funds. 500k should be enough to cater to most people excessive liquidity needs..:D

Hong leong also troublesome cos cant use FAST transfer I think

sesame246

Reaction score

Find the ICBC online placement inconvenient too. need to download some software but i hv decided not to.. Dont know safe or not.

I hv downloaded their apps. but not so convenient too. Alot of steps and handphone so small to see the details. still thinking if i shd placed FD via the apps instead.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Find the ICBC online placement inconvenient too. need to download some software but i hv decided not to.. Dont know safe or not.

I hv downloaded their apps. but not so convenient too. Alot of steps and handphone so small to see the details. still thinking if i shd placed FD via the apps instead.
What is the rate now for $50k?

yuppieboy

Reaction score
What is the rate now for $50k?

If you have no need to use your fund anytime soon, you can try Maybank privilege plus FD at 2.05%pa. Conditions are placement duration of 3 yrs, Min age 55 yrs. (or joint with someone who is 55). Choice of monthly interests or lump sum after 3 yrs.

banyan8

Reaction score
If you have no need to use your fund anytime soon, you can try Maybank privilege plus FD at 2.05%pa. Conditions are placement duration of 3 yrs, Min age 55 yrs. (or joint with someone who is 55). Choice of monthly interests or lump sum after 3 yrs.
Maybank Previlege iSavy has higher rate than iSavy. Does it require purchase of investment/insurance?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score

Aimed at old people?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably eyeing those who draw out their CPF.

When 12mth FD is at 1.85%, this 2.05% not attractive enough to lock up for 3 years.

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Probably eyeing those who draw out their CPF.

When 12mth FD is at 1.85%, this 2.05% not attractive enough to lock up for 3 years.

i cant think of any reason why one would withdraw from CPF only to redeposit for 1.85% or even 2.05%.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i cant think of any reason why one would withdraw from CPF only to redeposit for 1.85% or even 2.05%.

I know of someone who draw out despite me advising that can get higher interest leaving it there. The reason is fear that government will just change cpf withdrawal policy and can't withdraw out in future.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.