Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

annai

Reaction score
It was 1.85% for SGD FD 12mths on ICBC online platform and was revised downwards to 1.65% this morning.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got an sms from cimb said that if i renew my 3mths FD will get 1.49%

just ignore that sms la... now promo alr 1.84...

before opening the CIMB FD, need to open star saver or fast saver account, i am wondering which shd i open...

i think last year when open one of these they got give out cash reward for account opening... i thinking want to open the other one that dun ever give reward for account opening, but dun rember which it is...

LexusIS

Reaction score

before opening the CIMB FD, need to open star saver or fast saver account, i am wondering which shd i open...

i think last year when open one of these they got give out cash reward for account opening... i thinking want to open the other one that dun ever give reward for account opening, but dun rember which it is...

Ah but that sms for 3mths right. 1.49% not bad for 3mths. Just in time for funds to mature and consider all the bank’s Yr end FD promo (for them to cross year end).

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score

I open a savings account with them when they started offering to retail customers. No free gifts but got free upgraded to preferred account w/o needing to meet min sum of $200k.

I think that time I put min $5k to earn the higher interest in starsavers current account with free cheque book and free telephone calls from lady wealth manager for financial planning.

Now they got fast savers account can earn higher interest than starsavers :(

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the CIMB Fast Saver got 3 options:
1) Renew Principal + Interest
2) Principal only
3) Do not renew

which choice is better ?

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
the CIMB Fast Saver got 3 options:
1) Renew Principal + Interest
2) Principal only
3) Do not renew

which choice is better ?

I choose do not renew, anyway you can always change the instruction online before maturity if the interest rates are continue to be good.

Mine 3mths FD at 1.4%pa going to mature in end sep, maybe i will change instruction to renew if there are no better offer elsewhere

foxer77

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what the BOC fd currently?

No news online for BOC alway had to walk in.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the CIMB 12 mths is 1.84%

i accidently go select 24 mths for 1%... :eek:

hope they can help me amend it without complications

Update: now my account opening will be slower coz they hv to manually change the placement details for me... :slant:

Last edited:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the CIMB 12 mths is 1.84%

i accidently go select 24 mths for 1%... :eek:

hope they can help me amend it without complications

Update: now my account opening will be slower coz they hv to manually change the placement details for me... :slant:

Can't terminate and place again ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.