Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

kookymonster

Reaction score
just sign the AI form with any financial institution or trading platform. do note u may be required to furnish evidence of assets...:D

for me...i bought a wholesale bond from Phillip and was given a AI form to sign by the bond desk people.

I also declare as AI with fundsupermart as I want to access their BONDEXPRESS..

https://secure.fundsupermart.com/fsm/fsm+/guide-to-joining-fsm-plus

Wah bro, the official requirement to be accredited investor is very high.. 2 million in assets or 300k in annual income. Any idea if they are strict on the requirements? Or can I just self declare and they can consider me as accredited investor?

yongsaver

Reaction score
Wah bro, the official requirement to be accredited investor is very high.. 2 million in assets or 300k in annual income. Any idea if they are strict on the requirements? Or can I just self declare and they can consider me as accredited investor?

i declared with 2 companies. one require doc proof after i declared and before i can buy. the other i buy first then ask me to sign later.
so the simple answer to your question is "I really dont know." :s13:

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i Promotion - 1.84% (online)

Hi all,

I have an existing CIMB account (e.g. ABC) - active account that i use now and then.

I like to apply CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i Promotion. Can i still use account ABC actively after the FD application? Or i cannot use account ABC unless this FD matures 12 months later? :s22: *confused*

Thanks in advance.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have an existing CIMB account (e.g. ABC) - active account that i use now and then.

I like to apply CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i Promotion. Can i still use account ABC actively after the FD application? Or i cannot use account ABC unless this FD matures 12 months later? :s22: *confused*

Thanks in advance.

you can continue to use account ABC. the FD account is a different one. not related.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
UOB HY 1.63%pa > SCB 1.6%pa. Any bank saving rate is higher than HY?
Please provide more details .... I believe that UOB Bank is never generous in their offers, and your statement is deliberately misleading or is fake news..

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Applicable to incremental fresh funds balance of $350k lah .... please read the details & small print footnotes.
Didn't even specify the promo rate's tenure .... maybe for one month only. The offer also very fishy .... like hiding certain key parameters. Don't wish to be tricked by complicated terms and conditions..

Last edited:

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Didn't even specify the promo rate's tenure .... maybe for one month only. The offer also very fishy .... like hiding certain key parameters. Don't wish to be tricked by complicated terms and conditions..

yup agree, UOB very tricky, try to stay away from them whenever possible

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UOB privilege high yield account had been around for at least 2 years with the same tnc. Bonus interest is for rolling 3 months once u sign up at the branch. U are free to add or withdraw but have to maintain the min to earn bonus interest. Min $350k for new acct, $200k for existing acct.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UOB privilege high yield account had been around for at least 2 years with the same tnc. Bonus interest is for rolling 3 months once u sign up at the branch. U are free to add or withdraw but have to maintain the min to earn bonus interest. Min $350k for new acct, $200k for existing acct.

what I don't get is their definition of 'fresh funds'. so if we put $200k (existing account), after 3 months it'll no longer be fresh funds, right? so the interest rate will revert to normal rate? then it's putting all your eggs in one basket just good for 3 months, then u need to move out to other banks again. quite waste time.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No different from esaver where u can rotate your funds between 2 accounts.
Esaver typically 2 month cycle whereas hya 3 mth cycle.

what I don't get is their definition of 'fresh funds'. so if we put $200k (existing account), after 3 months it'll no longer be fresh funds, right? so the interest rate will revert to normal rate? then it's putting all your eggs in one basket just good for 3 months, then u need to move out to other banks again. quite waste time.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No different from esaver where u can rotate your funds between 2 accounts.
Esaver typically 2 month cycle whereas hya 3 mth cycle.

esaver is easier because we can have 2 esaver accounts to do that rotation. can we have 2 uob hy accounts to do that? don't think so right.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Hya same lah.
I thought the high yield account is for preferred clients with minimum balance of at least SGD $350K .... so how is it same with Standard Chartered eSaver leh?
Very tricky .... not that simple, for sure.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do you transfer the $ directly between esaver or via another bank?

via another bank (esaver 1 --> bank X --> bank Y --> esaver 2). saves the trouble of being questioned that i'm just putting back from the same bank.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.