Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks maumu.

Hi all,

I applied for CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i. I receive my FD interest (in FASTSAVER-i account), any issue to the FD if i FAST the interest to another bank account?

Thanks in advance.

you can continue to use account ABC. the FD account is a different one. not related.

Hi all,

I have an existing CIMB account (e.g. ABC) - active account that i use now and then.

I like to apply CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i Promotion. Can i still use account ABC actively after the FD application? Or i cannot use account ABC unless this FD matures 12 months later? :s22: *confused*

Thanks in advance.

LexusIS

Reaction score
Thanks maumu.

Hi all,

I applied for CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i. I receive my FD interest (in FASTSAVER-i account), any issue to the FD if i FAST the interest to another bank account?

Thanks in advance.

No the interest is yours why will there be issue :)

RangerSnake

Reaction score
via another bank (esaver 1 --> bank X --> bank Y --> esaver 2). saves the trouble of being questioned that i'm just putting back from the same bank.

Wouldn't this be considered as funds that are withdrawn and re-deposited? (if both esaver accounts are under the same name)

SC's definition of fresh funds:
"fresh funds" are funds that do not originate from any existing account with the Bank or funds that are not withdrawn and re-deposited within 30 days of the Promotion Period

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't this be considered as funds that are withdrawn and re-deposited? (if both esaver accounts are under the same name)

"fresh funds" are funds that do not originate from any existing account with the Bank or funds that are not withdrawn and re-deposited within 30 days of the Promotion Period

withdrawn and re-deposited to the same account.

at least that is how those with 2 esaver accounts have been using this strategy to 'refresh' the funds.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

aiya, why care so much about the terms, if it works means it works now, and take advantage of it while it still works this way. if u think it doesnt count as fresh funds, pls dont go n complain to the bank...sometimes they just close one eye.

RangerSnake

Reaction score
aiya, why care so much about the terms, if it works means it works now, and take advantage of it while it still works this way. if u think it doesnt count as fresh funds, pls dont go n complain to the bank...sometimes they just close one eye.

I am just not sure because I have not tried it myself but good that someone who tried confirmed this.

ydnar1

Reaction score
Last I checked:

Sc e saver 1 pax can have max 3 accounts, 1 single 2 joint name for me

UOB HY, as many as you want. I have 4 HY accounts

esaver is easier because we can have 2 esaver accounts to do that rotation. can we have 2 uob hy accounts to do that? don't think so right.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
via another bank (esaver 1 --> bank X --> bank Y --> esaver 2). saves the trouble of being questioned that i'm just putting back from the same bank.

Did Standard Chartered call you and ask u to explain why you always transfer in and out from another bank account ?

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UOB HY, as many as you want. I have 4 HY accounts

wow, u must be high earner. is it each account must have $35k minimum? or combined $35k?

Did Standard Chartered call you and ask u to explain why you always transfer in and out from another bank account ?

nope, just 'precautionary'... in case they ask lah. so far never ask. anyway... have stopped with this strategy since maybank offers similar rates (end up is just transferring between maybank/SC every 2 - 3 mths). the 2 banks going tit-for-tat.

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybank is damn useless these days .... got money to donate to the President charity show for $0.5 million .... but very stingy to pay depositors good rates. Always must play some kind of tricks here and there one..

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Maybank is damn useless these days .... got money to donate to the President charity show for $0.5 million .... but very stingy to pay depositors good rates. Always must play some kind of tricks here and there one..

their 36mths FD reach 2.05%pa for priviledge plus savings account holder, min $1k

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
For the CIMB online placement 1.84% promotion,
What happens at maturity? Can auto credit to FastSaver account or must go down to their bank?

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the CIMB online placement 1.84% promotion,
What happens at maturity? Can auto credit to FastSaver account or must go down to their bank?

choose to credit back to fastsaver. the FD account will then become $0.

keemmeng

Reaction score
choose to credit back to fastsaver. the FD account will then become $0.
My maturity instruction was to transfer the FD to Fastsaver-i. the FAST daily transaction limit is $50,000 if u wanna transfer the funds out

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 9 using GAGT

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, bros.
Other than CIMB that can place and redeem FD online, still have others?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.