Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

jianlee

Master Member
Reaction score
Bangkok bank now 2.3% pa for $100K, highest still for walk in retail placements! :s13:

So 50K interest is lower, not 2.3%?

Their online presence is only for Thailand? Can't find any info related to this.

Bonhun

Reaction score
For those who moved your funds from esaver (Nov) to isavvy (Dec), what will you do on Jan? Since both esaver and isavvy are not eligible for the bonus interest.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought esaver looks at Nov ADB for the promo from Dec to Jan?

do u have a 2nd esaver account? if not u can open one.

I think many of us here have 2 esavers to transfer from left to right pocket...

limchooc

Reaction score
do u have a 2nd esaver account? if not u can open one.

I think many of us here have 2 esavers to transfer from left to right pocket...

I know someone who open two eSavers accounts - one for husband and one for wife and then us these two accounts to transfer from left to right, right to left...:s13:

Last edited:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know someone who open two eSavers accounts - one for husband and one for wife and then us these two accounts to transfer from left to right, right to left...:s13:

dont need. u can open multiple esaver accounts under the same name.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
why SCB better than Maybank rates?

it's not that it is better...

come 31 dec, maybank promo will end and we're not sure what will be the new rates for jan 19 onwards. so it's best to put it elsewhere like esaver (still 1.9% for jan, for 200k and above) or fastsaver (1% fuss-free).

or just wait till nearer end dec, maybank hopefully releases their new rates. still, I expect them to compare with ADB from dec 18 so probably won't be able to enjoy the new rates :\

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 mths ago I went to branch they say cannot have 2 single esaver accounts. So I had to open second account as joint account.

You can open another esaver account thru internet banking.

it is something that is in a grey area, branch staff will definitely have to tell you is not possible even though it is.. just like if u ask them it transfer esaver 1--> 3rd party bank acc --> esaver 2, will it be considered as fresh funds ? they will have to tell u no..:(

whizzard

Reaction score
it is something that is in a grey area, branch staff will definitely have to tell you is not possible even though it is.. just like if u ask them it transfer esaver 1--> 3rd party bank acc --> esaver 2, will it be considered as fresh funds ? they will have to tell u no..:(

What is the maximum limit for online funds transfer for eSaver account?

verilyverily

Reaction score
Bangkok Bank 2.3%pa 12M FD revised minimum placement

Bangkok bank now 2.3% pa for $100K, highest still for walk in retail placements! :s13:

Bangkok Bank has revised the minimum placement upwards from S$100K to S$200K wef Friday 7 Dec 2018 to qualify for the promotional 12month FD rate of 2.3%pa. Smaller placements qualify for (much lower) board rates only.

:sad:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.