Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

student_sdu

Reaction score
Oh I see, I didn't log in to take a closer look, seems like they made this step up fd available online also.

This month end's t bill might be better.

Not a normal FD.

1st quarter year - 1.5%
2nd quarter - 1.7%
3rd quarter - 1.9%
4th quarter - 2.1%

Starting amount = $5K.

mangomilkshake

Reaction score
Maybank FD last 1-2 years has many patterns.
Must deposit every $1000 to FD $10,000.
Some banks also have base rate + bonus rate.
I think I am just too simple minded to understand the complex.

Any abalone CNY FD promotion for 2019?

cezzyish

Reaction score
HSBC

Hi all,

I am curious why no one in this thread talks about HSBC step up promotion? I don't do esaver/ maybank but I reckon HSBC step up is a similar product? (or maybe not since the 3-ish rate requires card spend hence not as hassle free). HSBC step up new promotion with card spend gives 3.38% for premier... without card spend is 1.88%, Asking because contemplating moving funds out from UOB one acct for 3.38 (vs my current best 2.436% for One) and wondering if I've missed something crucial about HSBC step up that'd kept the gurus out all this time.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am curious why no one in this thread talks about HSBC step up promotion? I don't do esaver/ maybank but I reckon HSBC step up is a similar product? (or maybe not since the 3-ish rate requires card spend hence not as hassle free). HSBC step up new promotion with card spend gives 3.38% for premier... without card spend is 1.88%, Asking because contemplating moving funds out from UOB one acct for 3.38 (vs my current best 2.436% for One) and wondering if I've missed something crucial about HSBC step up that'd kept the gurus out all this time.

There is separate thread for HSBC step up promo. 3.38% is not correct as debit card bonus is for first $100k only. So with 200k required for premier, effective interest rate is about 2.63%.

Debit card spend is $800 vs no card spending for esaver and maybank isavvy. And quite a number of people don't have 200k. Maybank min is just 20k. Esaver is it 1k ? And there are those who don't want to place more than SDIC cover of 50k.

A lot of things to remember for HSBC. Plus it takes so long to get the interest - 1 to 2 mths later. Esaver will get all interest in last day of mth. Maybank will get base on last day of mth and bonus in about a week.

So HSBC not for those who don't want to track continuously.

Edit : Since you moving out from UOB One, reckon amount is 75k. In that case, comparison would be for HSBC Advance, not HSBC premier. Then effective interest rate is not even 2.63% for you since advance is 1.8% vs premier 1.88%.

Last edited:

cezzyish

Reaction score
There is separate thread for HSBC step up promo. 3.38% is not correct as debit card bonus is for first $100k only. So with 200k required for premier, effective interest rate is about 2.63%.

Debit card spend is $800 vs no card spending for esaver and maybank isavvy. And quite a number of people don't have 200k. Maybank min is just 20k. Esaver is it 1k ? And there are those who don't want to place more than SDIC cover of 50k.

A lot of things to remember for HSBC. Plus it takes so long to get the interest - 1 to 2 mths later. Esaver will get all interest in last day of mth. Maybank will get base on last day of mth and bonus in about a week.

So HSBC not for those who don't want to track continuously.

Edit : Since you moving out from UOB One, reckon amount is 75k. In that case, comparison would be for HSBC Advance, not HSBC premier. Then effective interest rate is not even 2.63% for you since advance is 1.8% vs premier 1.88%.

Thanks much for your comments and for highlighting interest crediting part takes much longer for HSBC...

For Premier account, there're several ways to qualify and i'm not planning to place 200k with them. If I pump in funds up to 100k (total withdrawal of 75K from One + idling funds in CIMB fastsaver), the 3.38% may prove to be attractive since i'm already chalking up $500 spend with One anyhow.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks much for your comments and for highlighting interest crediting part takes much longer for HSBC...

For Premier account, there're several ways to qualify and i'm not planning to place 200k with them. If I pump in funds up to 100k (total withdrawal of 75K from One + idling funds in CIMB fastsaver), the 3.38% may prove to be attractive since i'm already chalking up $500 spend with One anyhow.

You miss out the best part if you don't topup 200k. I won't say further.

smile_daphne

Reaction score
Aia is having some promo of 3% (guaranteed) for 3 years (minimum 10k) Seems like a good catch considering fd interest rates are hovering about 2.1%. Any catch?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.