Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

The_Red_X

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm not someone financial savvy, but am starting to see the importance of it.

Anyway I'm a freelancer in the creative field with no fixed monthly income. Saw that most of those higher interest rates of saving accounts require a "Salary Giro" to be "eligible" for those higher interest. Therefore, can you please advise which is the better bank account for my condition?

Thank you very much!

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm not someone financial savvy, but am starting to see the importance of it.

Anyway I'm a freelancer in the creative field with no fixed monthly income. Saw that most of those higher interest rates of saving accounts require a "Salary Giro" to be "eligible" for those higher interest. Therefore, can you please advise which is the better bank account for my condition?

Thank you very much!

Buy SSB until you hit 200k

Nofear40

Reaction score
Is there anyone going for UOB and DBS notes?
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/dbs-prices-us750m-senior-unsecured-notes-due-2022-at-285?xtor=CS3-18&utm_source=STiPhone&utm_medium=share&utm_term=2019-04-11%209%3A04%3A12

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/banking/uob-prices-us600m-375-notes-due-2029?xtor=CS3-18&utm_source=STiPhone&utm_medium=share&utm_term=2019-04-09%208%3A04%3A17

yongsaver

Reaction score
depends on how the bonds are cleared. if clear by CDP, will go into CDP account. no custodian fees.

if clear by others like clearstream, will be held in custody. need to pay custodian fees. usually local listed SG companies' bonds use CDP.

some platforms like FSM will hold in custody regardless of how the bonds are cleared. thats why i never buy through them. :D

K202020K

Master Member
Reaction score
Did the japanese bank close down?

So many in the Fortune top 50 banks
Many of them I've never heard before
But I didn't pay much attention
Because got no funds in Japan
Just casually browsed through the list of Japan's magnificent banks during their Golden Age of economic expansion
The collapse was equally magnificent too
I think the same will happen to the middle kingdom
But in the meantime, they can continue to ya ya papaya yo

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on what I see from the FD options available via the ICBC app, step-up FD can also be done online.

Just need to bring $500 cash to open the basic saving account.

Thanks for pointing out that ICBC step up FD can also be placed online. You saved from making a trip to the bank. My normal FD with them matured today. Principal and interest was credited to my savings account at 1am. I managed to place the stepup FD online. Very easy to do it online. Effective interest rate for 12 mth step up FD is 1.9% for 12 mths (Quarterly 1.7%, 1.9%, 1.95%, 2.05%).

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out that ICBC step up FD can also be placed online. You saved from making a trip to the bank. My normal FD with them matured today. Principal and interest was credited to my savings account at 1am. I managed to place the stepup FD online. Very easy to do it online. Effective interest rate for 12 mth step up FD is 1.9% for 12 mths (Quarterly 1.7%, 1.9%, 1.95%, 2.05%).

Looks like the rates have been revised down a bit.

lousylah

Reaction score
Citi is running a promo:
3-month @ 3.80%
Minimum S$50k

For USD 3-mth FD it’s 5% !
(Min 50k as well)

limchooc

Reaction score
Citi is running a promo:
3-month @ 3.80%
Minimum S$50k

For USD 3-mth FD it’s 5% !
(Min 50k as well)

My understanding is this is a bundle promotion, you need to invest an equal amount on their investment product to qualify for the FD promotion rate.

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RHB 24mth Flexi FD, min SGD$20k, 2.18%pa.

Early partial w/d amt will still be given interest for the period while it was with them.
But once the abv is done, then interest rate drop to board rates for the balance.

lkhwee

Reaction score
RHB 24mth Flexi FD, min SGD$20k, 2.18%pa.

Early partial w/d amt will still be given interest for the period while it was with them.
But once the abv is done, then interest rate drop to board rates for the balance.

where is the URL for this promo?

wutawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question regarding moving funds between esaver and Isavvy. Their cycles are not aligned. So the previous daily balance is not reset yet when I move the fund in. How do you guys deal with it ? Thanks a lot.

ya, i was doing it too.
Feb: isavvy
Mar: esaver
but ended up pissed off so bought shares with the money :s13:

dragon_fly

Reaction score
https://rhbgroup.com.sg/promotion/retail/big-dreams-big-rates

Just did a deposit with RHB. Their 2.18% FD rate is a straightfwd FD, min $20k for 24 mths. You ll still get 2% interest rate if you complete 12 mths and decide to withdraw. Thanks Alex22

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.