Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Can I continue the discussion on HSBC EGA account?

The term for the EGA account is 2% for 3 months, but you have to keep it for 6 months. Only 2% for 1st 3 months, subsequently, you can go for another fixed deposit account, but it may not be 2%. May even be below 1% because it is no longer fresh fund and they will not offer you the promotional rate. The total interest is $150 plus whatever they offer on the second 3 months.

On the other hand, their current time deposit account is 1.75% for 6 months. The total interest is $262. Is this a better deal?

I use 2 names for HSBC EGA account

fanny_t

Reaction score
Why no one mention about BOC Smartsaver?
Sorry, new here... just wondering why it is not popular when the interest rate is >2%.

yongsaver

Reaction score
Sorry, new here... just wondering why it is not popular when the interest rate is >2%.

me no qualify. not smart enough to jump through so many loops just to squeeze a bit more juice out. :s13:

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score

if you don't mind the hoops to jump thru, BOC smartsaver is an good option. for myself, i only find it a good interest if i have $1500 CC spending that mth but many of their cards are pretty bad with their benefits now that's why many have left the BOC boat.

fanny_t

Reaction score
if you don't mind the hoops to jump thru, BOC smartsaver is an good option. for myself, i only find it a good interest if i have $1500 CC spending that mth but many of their cards are pretty bad with their benefits now that's why many have left the BOC boat.

I see... thanks for the reply!
I'll go take a look at the T&C.
Considering their base rate is 0.3, even if cc spending is <$1.5k but above $500, still can get 0.8 bonus interest. Coupled with salary credit & 3 bill payments, it'll exceed 2%

YNWA888

Reaction score
Where and what are the options to get maximum returns/rates for a spare 15-20k with no requirement.

So far saw a few banks promotion for fixed deposit 1.6 - 1.8%.
Where else might be a better options?
Buying gold ?

Appreciate your replies

Reaction score

Freshy

Master Member
Reaction score
Where and what are the options to get maximum returns/rates for a spare 15-20k with no requirement.

So far saw a few banks promotion for fixed deposit 1.6 - 1.8%.
Where else might be a better options?
Buying gold ?

Appreciate your replies

i go for CIMB 3 months 1.7%
cos dunno when will need that spare amount.

10k each :s22:

clearsky2007

Reaction score
Full digital bank licence will be issued in Jun 2020. Better rates?

Do you think it is better to put FD just for a few months and wait for this?

demoforce1

Master Member
Reaction score
Full digital bank licence will be issued in Jun 2020. Better rates?

Do you think it is better to put FD just for a few months and wait for this?

Full digital bank licence will be announced mid 2020, but will have many months see them surface

silverbomb

Master Member
Reaction score
got to factor in that whoever got the licenses will take some time to set-up business/website/ops to get this going. so if it's mid 2020 awarded, likely 3rd or 4th qtr 2020 the earliest to see their product launches.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.