Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

mojipei

Reaction score
I applied for the previous one. totally online. The policy will appear in your OCBC internet banking under 'insurance' which I find convenient - easier to keep track of holdings. I plan to put some more free cash into this.

Next year I got some 2.5% 3 year policies maturing and also quite a bit of the Frasers 3.65% is maturing too. Need to have a plan to roll over my policies/deposits.
Is it the same as fixed deposit, but the interest is so much better? Since it says insurance, what kind of insurance is that, life insurance?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied for the previous one. totally online. The policy will appear in your OCBC internet banking under 'insurance' which I find convenient - easier to keep track of holdings. I plan to put some more free cash into this.

Next year I got some 2.5% 3 year policies maturing and also quite a bit of the Frasers 3.65% is maturing too. Need to have a plan to roll over my policies/deposits.
What is Fraser's?

mojipei

Reaction score

Do you mind to explain what kind of insurance is that? It looks the same as fixed deposit, 2 years, 1.3%, Isn't it attractive? From a consumer, what is the risk? Sorry, newbie here.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you mind to explain what kind of insurance is that? It looks the same as fixed deposit, 2 years, 1.3%, Isn't it attractive? From a consumer, what is the risk? Sorry, newbie here.
U will lose some capital if u withdraw before two yrs.

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The insurance coverage is for death and Total & Permanent Disability. If you do not claim insurance, it does work very similarly to a fixed deposit. You just place a single premium and get your money back with the promised interest after 2 years - not more, and not less.

mojipei

Reaction score
The insurance coverage is for death and Total & Permanent Disability. If you do not claim insurance, it does work very similarly to a fixed deposit. You just place a single premium and get your money back with the promised interest after 2 years - not more, and not less.
Thank you for the explanation.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last one standing. The rest like the bank preference shares at 5% and DBS preference shares at 4.7% fully redeemed liao
yup, after this is redeemed I will have remaining:

SIA 3.03%, Temasek 2.7%, Astrea IV 4.35%, Astrea V 3.85%, Astrea VI 3%, and various 2.5% SSB.

Anyway, since so easy to apply for GE 2yr 1.3%, I applied for another $10k. Pay by paynow, SMS confirmation of payment received within minutes.

Like I mentioned, the GE policy appears in my OCBC internet banking under 'insurance', so I guess it counts towards maintaining premier banking AUM, though I don't think OCBC removes your PB status if you fall below :s13:

FD Trinitron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I checked GE webpage and it stated fully subscribed and closed.
xh9NuFJ.png

But OCBC no mention this policy is closed?
I intended to withdraw some FD to deposit into this, I called OCBC hotline but seems like they not certain, it will be a waste if I withdraw my FD (few months old) and later found out this policy is closed, anyone signed up for this plan successfully today?

WilsonH

Reaction score
xh9NuFJ.png

I intended to withdraw some FD to deposit into this, I called OCBC hotline but seems like they not certain, it will be a waste if I withdraw my FD (few months old) and later found out this policy is closed, anyone signed up for this plan successfully today?
you can register first, after secured your slots then pay.

~sabaisabai~

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xh9NuFJ.png

GE website for this GE SP Series 4 is closed...
Try OCBC site, see if it is still available

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.