Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

EveMuffins

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everyone situation is different. For me I spread to different banks and giving RHB 4.28% a miss as need apply leave go so rugi. Other reader is work near there take a long lunch break to do. Some is maybe retired or happen need to clear leave.

I happen to be clearing leave so intend to drop by. but then still can't decide how much to put. 4.28% is very attractive but at the same time don't want to put all eggs in one basket.

Skoda29

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went there no more opening of acct for the day due to numbers exceeded.😱
Not very efficient bank.Probably have to open online and that takes 2-3 weeks to approve.👎

Skoda29

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Withdrew my Singapura Finance FD and the staff black face.No calling me Mr or name and no said thank you at all to me when handling me the cashier order.

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I happen to be clearing leave so intend to drop by. but then still can't decide how much to put. 4.28% is very attractive but at the same time don't want to put all eggs in one basket.
Let me share my own strategy. I got X dollars so I will split them into different tenure. 1,3,6,9,12,18,24 etc months. Then within each tenure I hunt for the best rates. Criteria are minimum placement, terminate FD with no penalty, can DIY place and terminate FD.

So for your case say you fixed on 12 months FD. So far the best is RHB Cecil , Sing Investment CNY promo, CIMB. You want to diversify can choose how much to put in each of them so not all eggs in one basket

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Withdrew my Singapura Finance FD and the staff black face.No calling me Mr or name and no said thank you at all to me when handling me the cashier order.
That is why I like DIY FD so no need to see ppl face. Also no need spend time and transport cost go branch take queue number to do a task that can be done online or app ownself.

magicming

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind reply. Dont know why RHB encourage people going down branch, which opposite to most of local banks
I think one reason is that they want us to know that they have a “good” physical presence in Singapore. The Cecil street branch is in a building called RHB Building. Not very big, but impressed me. Also they have a Jurong branch and park way parade branch. And premier center in Orchard. So not too bad. 4 Places at least.

magicming

Reaction score
Readers say is branch opening and go there maybe got ppl sell other product investment so need to make you show up. But other readers share no hard selling too.
My RM did share insurance product with me. But she asked first if it was ok. And as I did want the info, I let her share lor. After all, she did help me get a few thousand $ worth of new notes. 😀😀😀

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not very efficient bank.Probably have to open online and that takes 2-3 weeks to approve.👎
This kind of thing must fast leg fast hand before open must queue already. I do that for my BOC open account. This is to earn better interest monies task so must be kiasu no wrong

dango_daikazoku

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If we could somehow know if RHB will have extend its HYSA bonus interest promo after Feb, even if they drop it a bit by 50bps, it is worth it. But if they abandon the promo, we have to quickly lock in to longer term FDs.
haha if they dont quickly announce extension, people withdraw and lock in to other FD already then too late lo. unless very attractive rates enough to break the FD

magicming

Reaction score
can check how many % of your savings locked inside RHB 4.28% fixed deposit?

asking coz I can't decide how much to put inside.
I guess different for everyone. Fundamentally, u have to decide if u trust RHB. if not trust much, then keep to SDIC $75k. I myself trust more. 😀😀😀

but it seems today, even if u want to open FD, RHB got limit already.

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes need to buy products.Human traffic is heavy at most bank due to 1st working day after the lunar NY.
Seriously 4.25 is only a bit more of Sing Investment 4.23 and that no need buy insurance. Hence yesterday I lock 1-2 more placement with Sing Investment. I complete my 12 months tenure hunting. Now hunting for 1-3 months short term as I not on SCB invite and scared no extension of promo of those eSaver,iSavvy,hysa Feb 23 onwards

magicming

Reaction score
Oh wow. I didn’t know online opening takes 2-3 weeks to approve. At Cecil branch my FD opening was approved immediately. They just wanted know my funds come from where.

hmyoth

Reaction score
Ya. Long Q. Lucky today weather good so go LPS to have a cup of drink while waiting for my turn.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.