Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing... wow looks like to go Cecil branch for RHB will need to go early morning that kind? how to apply if can go only in the afternoon... luckily I didn't rush down today (it's also raining again).

Skoda29

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. Yes you are right. RHB Cecil branch FD is slow. But I think they are just naturally slow. Not purposely. Work flow is probably not efficient.
It makes no sense to make ppl come from all over Sg to this particular branch.It will be wiser to open up to all branches as the outreach to customers is wider.Many elderlies around here and you dun expect them to buy other products if that is what they are targeting.

magicming

Reaction score
thanks for sharing... wow looks like to go Cecil branch for RHB will need to go early morning that kind? how to apply if can go only in the afternoon... luckily I didn't rush down today (it's also raining again).
It’s all your luck I guess. I went afternoon was ok. But was told lunch time more crowded.

jywy2005

Master Member
Reaction score
BOC at their Toa Payoh outlet their staff also very relaxed. I once reached there at 1 pm, was only attended to at 4 plus. Think they will only speed up near closing time. :ROFLMAO:

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It makes no sense to make ppl come from all over Sg to this particular branch.It will be wiser to open up to all branches as the outreach to customers is wider.Many elderlies around here and you dun expect them to buy other products if that is what they are targeting.
Got reader share is to ask you go and "admire" their new branch renovation mah. But toilet no soap wonder got water or not.

luvpraline

Reaction score
Why is there not much interest in rhb's 4.1% FD which can be opened in the app? I'm also tempted by the higher 12 months rates but also thinking isn't it better to lock in the high rate for 24 months ? 1 year is very short

magicming

Reaction score
Can ask the RHB counter staff are Msian or M race ? ICBC or BOC if go branch ok if can speak Chinese lagi better proceed faster as communication is easier.
Seemed like any bank in Singapore. Normal. I used English. Everything fine.

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why is there not much interest in rhb's 4.1% FD which can be opened in the app? I'm also tempted by the higher 12 months rates but also thinking isn't it better to lock in the high rate for 24 months ? 1 year is very short
If you observe the trend most banks are not optimistic on longer term. BOC even revised downward the rate for 12 months recently. Take those as a cue for your decision planning. So far CIMB maintain Jan same as Dec. I waiting to see on Feb they still maintain or reduce like BOC.

magicming

Reaction score
Oh. I also just did online placement for the 2 year 4.1% FD a few minutes ago. Super easy. Just 1-2 min only. But we discuss Cecil street because that one year promo is better rate 4.28%. 😀😀

Skoda29

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got reader share is to ask you go and "admire" their new branch renovation mah. But toilet no soap wonder got water or not.
Tbh the Cecil branch is quite cramped nothing glamorous .Just now I was at Rhb JE to find out if I can enjoy a 4.28% there and I find inside is more cozy.
Haha no water better lock up.

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Tbh the Cecil branch is quite cramped nothing glamorous .Just now I was at Rhb JE to find out if I can enjoy a 4.28% there and I find inside is more cozy.
Haha no water better lock up.
So RHB je can get 4.28%?

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your value date is tmr :s11:

Didn't know bank can post date FD Value Date :s13:
Msia boleh ah. CIMB can backdated your FD some more so now nothing is new to me. Learn how they operate and think and anything also can except cannot infringe on law. Grey area hehe

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe all banks are crowded today after four non-biz days. People chiong to banks for their various banking needs + this FD promo = kaboom!

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Msia boleh ah. CIMB can backdated your FD some more so now nothing is new to me. Learn how they operate and think and anything also can except cannot infringe on law. Grey area hehe
Backdate can. Date it next day I never hear before.

Squaredot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BOC at their Toa Payoh outlet their staff also very relaxed. I once reached there at 1 pm, was only attended to at 4 plus. Think they will only speed up near closing time. :ROFLMAO:
Yes! Same feeling at TB branch. The branch wasn't even crowded, some counters not attending to any customers and the staff is doing some work at front desk...The magic starts when it's nearing closing time :grin: Magic!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.