Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

hmyoth

Reaction score
Sing Investment no leh. I use GoSavers put yesterday late evening still valued yesterday the day I put.
Cos it is direct fund transfer from go saver to FD account within the same bank. My case the source fund is CIMB cheque.

m_dogg

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind reply. Dont know why RHB encourage people going down branch, which opposite to most of local banks
You can sign up online 4.1%. Nobody forcing you to go. Opposite of local bank then go put FD local bank lor. Want high interest rate, want convenient, still want complain. 要便宜,要青,又要大粒奶

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can sign up online 4.1%. Nobody forcing you to go. Opposite of local bank then go put FD local bank lor. Want high interest rate, want convenient, still want complain. 要便宜,要青,又要大粒奶
That is trained in Spore growing up and learn in army. You forget add one more phrase live nearby so total phrase is want cheap, want fresh, want big, want live nearby

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos it is direct fund transfer from go saver to FD account within the same bank. My case the source fund is CIMB cheque.
Oh so source is cheque I see. So they need to clear the cheque then can get the monies and put I see. Logical.

m_dogg

Reaction score
Rhb service level very slow. Almost 2 hrs I count it served ABT 15 FD clients.Got a hunch they deliberately dilly dally so yr FD starts next day to their advantage. Now at 1445hrs the nbrs move faster. For those planning to come down in coming days better think twice.
Don’t be ridiculous. They won’t earn anything from delaying FD till next day. I work at local bank before. Setting up FD is equivalent to opening of account, there are more SOPs and processing to follow, at my local bank, one account opening can take up to 30min per person. Why everything must conspiracy?

Last edited:

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don’t be ridiculous. They won’t earn anything from delaying FD till next day. I work at local bank before. Setting up FD is equivalent to opening of account, there are more SOPs and processing to follow, at my local bank, one account opening can take up to 30min per person. Why everything must conspiracy? You must have been cheated all your life since young right, your mind will tell you that everyone is having malicious motives.
It is very hard to explain to outside customers for each profession. I fulltime programmer and I got my fair share of issues boss keep asking why program so slow cannot come out. Come out already got bugs why so buggy etc. Everyone profession got their fair share of sorrow and suffering.

limjohnny

Reaction score
Msia boleh ah. CIMB can backdated your FD some more so now nothing is new to me. Learn how they operate and think and anything also can except cannot infringe on law. Grey area hehe
Meaning if yesterday FD rate eg. 4% & today rate 3.5%, can ask them to backdate and follow yesterday rate?

bberry

Reaction score
I applied for RHB 4.1% FD online under Joint Account (with wife) last saturday. It requires 1 working day to be approved. It was approved this afternoon.

I want to apply another FD Joint (with wife) online, but it don't allow bcos the 'Joint applicant (ID) already has this FD account'. I then called the hotline for clarification. Apparently for online, can only apply once with the Joint Applicant, if want more, go down to the branch, really dumb. Anyway, the CSO has raised a request to allow me to apply for multiple FDs with the same Joint applicant online...have to wait if this will be approved or not.

Edit : Update. The RHB CSO is very responsive. Called me quickly to answer my questions.
Apparently you can apply fr multiple placements under the same Joint Account online anytime, just that i select the wrong button. i blur.

Last edited:

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied for RHB 4.1% FD online under Joint Account (with wife) last saturday. It requires 1 working day to be approved. It was approved this afternoon.

I want to apply another FD Joint (with wife) online, but it don't allow bcos the 'Joint applicant (ID) already has this FD account'. I then called the hotline for clarification. Apparently for online, can only apply once with the Joint Applicant, if want more, go down to the branch, really dumb. Anyway, the CSO has raised a request to allow me to apply for multiple FDs with the same Joint applicant online...have to wait if this will be approved or not.
I am curious why want to apply as joint is it the monies got some is come from wife? If it is save all troubles just ask her open a account under her name unless she not enough to cough out the 20K?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.