Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In case one party die, the other can get access to it easier/faster.
This make sense if the amount you put is a lot. You and wife putting a lot? For me no joint account for me as I dun want my monies so easily let ppl take and spend once I die

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As of now ppl going for 1 month ICBC 3.6%. 3 month ICBC 3.9%. 6 month BOC 4.0% or CIMB 4.0%. 9 month CIMB 4.05,4.10% or BOC 4.0%. 12 month RHB go Cecil branch 4.28%. Sing Investment CNY promo 4.23%. CIMB 4.15,4.20%. RHB mobile app 4.10%

That means RHB has the best rate as of now - 4.28%. Thanks for sharing.

saintgtril

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, for the 4.28 RHB Cecil branch promotion, do we need to transfer the existing fund from RHB account for the FD - so that it is fresh fund?

Thanks in advance.

slang

Master Member
Reaction score
Any idea how is the Queue at RHB Cecil branch like? I m keen to start the fixed Deposit. I do not have any RHB Account currently.

Longest term is 12 mths? Or they have 18 mths or 24mths as well like CIMB?

bberry

Reaction score
Any idea how is the Queue at RHB Cecil branch like? I m keen to start the fixed Deposit. I do not have any RHB Account currently.

RHB 4.28% for 12 months is a promo, only at the cecil branch
For online or at other branches, 4.1% for 12 months and 24 months are available

bberry

Reaction score
This make sense if the amount you put is a lot. You and wife putting a lot? For me no joint account for me as I dun want my monies so easily let ppl take and spend once I die
don't u have loved ones that u wanna leave yr assets behind to when you passed on?

magicming

Reaction score
Hi all, for the 4.28 RHB Cecil branch promotion, do we need to transfer the existing fund from RHB account for the FD - so that it is fresh fund?

Thanks in advance.
No need. Can be transfer from any account. Cashier’s order or cheque also can.

magicming

Reaction score

For promo rates, RHB have upto 24 months. I couldn’t find promo rates for CIMB 24 months. What is cimb fd rate for 24 months?

luvpraline

Reaction score
I applied for RHB 4.1% FD online under Joint Account (with wife) last saturday. It requires 1 working day to be approved. It was approved this afternoon.

I want to apply another FD Joint (with wife) online, but it don't allow bcos the 'Joint applicant (ID) already has this FD account'. I then called the hotline for clarification. Apparently for online, can only apply once with the Joint Applicant, if want more, go down to the branch, really dumb. Anyway, the CSO has raised a request to allow me to apply for multiple FDs with the same Joint applicant online...have to wait if this will be approved or not.

Edit : Update. The RHB CSO is very responsive. Called me quickly to answer my questions.
Apparently you can apply fr multiple placements under the same Joint Account online anytime, just that i select the wrong button. i blur.
Did they send you an email to confirm successful placement of the 24 months FD? And wonder if rhb will send a letter to confirm placement?

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied for RHB 4.1% FD online under Joint Account (with wife) last saturday. It requires 1 working day to be approved. It was approved this afternoon.

I want to apply another FD Joint (with wife) online, but it don't allow bcos the 'Joint applicant (ID) already has this FD account'. I then called the hotline for clarification. Apparently for online, can only apply once with the Joint Applicant, if want more, go down to the branch, really dumb. Anyway, the CSO has raised a request to allow me to apply for multiple FDs with the same Joint applicant online...have to wait if this will be approved or not.

Edit : Update. The RHB CSO is very responsive. Called me quickly to answer my questions.
Apparently you can apply fr multiple placements under the same Joint Account online anytime, just that i select the wrong button. i blur.
Can share which is right and wrong button ?

Planning to do multiple FDs in sans Joint FD account too.

Thanks

SantyBalls

Reaction score
It makes no sense to make ppl come from all over Sg to this particular branch.It will be wiser to open up to all branches as the outreach to customers is wider.Many elderlies around here and you dun expect them to buy other products if that is what they are targeting.
Elderly only go for reputable banks. The elderly here are a special breed cannot use as common ref

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to confirm, for CIMB , i can do multiple times of the FD for 12 and 18months right?
like 50k 12months
40k 18months
50k 18months etc

bberry

Reaction score
Can share which is right and wrong button ?

Planning to do multiple FDs in sans Joint FD account too.

Thanks
So both party need to download RHB Mobile SG app and register an Account. After this is done, need to create a Joint FD account. To do this, one party(either one) select APPLY FOR A NEW ACCOUNT, then choose JOINT. And the joint NRIC can be entered. After that the other party go into the app and jus follow the instructions.
Once done, takes 1 working day for RHB to approve.

Thereafter, you can do more FD placement by clicking on the top left hand corner, select FIXED DEPOSIT PLACEMENT. DO this repeatedly for different placement. This FD placement is effectively immediately.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.