LATEST RMA instructions for Various HDD Brands

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
As of March 2013

1. You will need complete a form to RMA the Hdd. Fill in form at WD Support / Warranty Services / End User / Product Replacement for End Users . You will need the RMA number after you done it.

2. Western Digital Address in Singapore to RMA the Hdd.
Flextronics Manufacturing (Singapore) Pte Ltd
(Global Service) o/b Western Digital Corporation
No 6, Changi North Way,
# 01-02, APC DistriHub,
Singapore 498795
Will need the Hdd and RMA number...
The address has been changed since 18 Mar:

Hi Guys,

Anyone registered for RMA recently as it showed me a new address?

Flextronics Manufacturing Singapore Pte Ltd
o/b Western Digital Technologies
1, Kallang Place
Singapore 339211

zapp!

Reaction score
Seems that this has changed recently. When i input the info for my Samsung 2TB, it gave me the following:

*Warranty Status & *Options

Component
The product you identified was sold as a system component. Please contact your place of purchase for service. Seagate sells many drives to direct OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers. These products are usually configured for the OEMs only, as components for their systems. You must contact your place of purchase for any warranty support on these drives.

Anyone have any idea how to RMA Samsung? Bring back to PCThemes where i bought the HDD from?

Update + Reinforcing what Bundy posted above

Samsung HDD RMA is with Seagate. I just RMAed my F3 1TB.

This is the process:

1. Go to Seagate's website to create the RMA. I googled Seagate RMA and got a direct link. You don't have to run all the SEA Tools rubbish (which won't work if the drive is dead and can't be detected anyways). This is the direct link: https://store.seagate.com/webapp/wc...SO_LOCALE_VALUE=en_us&url=SgCheckWarrantyView

2. Print the RMA details and head to Funan #03-K1. They will accept the disc, label the RMA details that you printed and give you a copy.

3. The Samsung HDD will be sent to your address within 3-7 working days.

The opening hours of the place I'm not exactly sure but it should be standard Funan shop times. So probably 11am-7pm is safe.

@Moderator(s): Please update front page. The info for Samsung is very outdated.

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I rma my buffalo hdd yesterday , one for one exchange on the spot. Very happy with the service and good it's neat lavender mrt.

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes , buffalo service support is good. Last year my external hd drive power cable spoiled , went and one to one exchange...no question ask.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, my seagate HDD having problems reading and I cant reformat it. i can copy file from the HDD before I try to reformat.

is my HDD spoil or sometime else? Been using it for the pas 3 mnths was fine

Last edited:

Vican

Reaction score
Western Digital RMA moving to Malaysia

Just called WD RMA. They are moving to Malaysia by 6 Sep 2013. No more Singapore collection point for RMA. Looks like have to buy packing materials and ship out of own pocket.

Luckily one of my in-warranty HDs failed now and I can still send locally...

Time to switch to other HD brands...

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just called WD RMA. They are moving to Malaysia by 6 Sep 2013. No more Singapore collection point for RMA. Looks like have to buy packing materials and ship out of own pocket.

There is a collection centre for WD at changi.... Purpose is to drop your hdd and they will send to Malaysia for RMA in batches....

Or, that collection centre also up lorry le?

saha-med

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Usually when you send 2.5inch HDD for RMA by singpost, how much is the cost. Thinking should i go thru trouble to RMA or just get a new HDD

ultimate700

Reaction score
As of March 2013

1. You will need complete a form to RMA the Hdd. Fill in form at WD Support / Warranty Services / End User / Product Replacement for End Users . You will need the RMA number after you done it.

2. Western Digital Address in Singapore to RMA the Hdd.
Flextronics Manufacturing (Singapore) Pte Ltd
(Global Service) o/b Western Digital Corporation
No 6, Changi North Way,
# 01-02, APC DistriHub,
Singapore 498795
Will need the Hdd and RMA number.

3. Wait for your Hdd to be return to you. They will ship it back by fedex. Around 7-10 working days. I sent my in on the 27th of Feb ard 4pm and it arrive at my place on the 10th of march. I actually send them the older model of my passport the shiny plastic type and they send me back the newer model which looked brand new :D also receive a white 3.0usb cable...very satisfied with their after service.

More pics of aftermath

Arrive in tightly package box

Documents...Had customs value of $41usd but didn't need to pay anything..Wonder who is it for...

Muaha a white 3.0usb cable in a baggie

what about those they say sent to kallang one?also drop it off there?
need to wrap before sending in?

semid13

Reaction score

If your WD HDD still within warranty can bring to Achieva at SUTL building at Pasir Panjang. Now there's another new agent called Eternal Asia based at Sim Lim Square. Last month I just send 2 HDD to Achieva

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a seagate HDD staring to develop bad sectors, can I RMA it based on this reason or must the HDD totally fail in order to do so?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I have a seagate HDD staring to develop bad sectors, can I RMA it based on this reason or must the HDD totally fail in order to do so?

Yes, this is an enough reason to RMA.

A SMART status failure on crucial item (not all SMART items) is also enough reason to RMA cos it's a predictor for future failures.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is an enough reason to RMA.

A SMART status failure on crucial item (not all SMART items) is also enough reason to RMA cos it's a predictor for future failures.

Thanks for your advice

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my wd blue.. i checked using hdd sentinel .... its said health 12%...
i found its under achieva tech pte ltd...
do i bring over and rma?
240 macpherson road 01-02
am i right?

Evilmerlin

Reaction score
WD has a new RMA center? I just submitted a RMA request and this was the address given to me.

Teleplan Service Solutions Asia BV
10 Soon Lee Road, 2nd Floor, Jurong Town,
Singapore 628074

Does anybody know if they accept hand delivery of the HDD?

nwh_sg

Reaction score
WD has a new RMA center? I just submitted a RMA request and this was the address given to me.

Teleplan Service Solutions Asia BV
10 Soon Lee Road, 2nd Floor, Jurong Town,
Singapore 628074

Does anybody know if they accept hand delivery of the HDD?

just registered for a RMA and the address is as above. Did you send by hand?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.