Leaked Chan Chun sing audio about masks show PAP concern about mask shortage

compuser

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Compared to the Ministry of Transport, Finance, Home, Manpower and Health.

CCS was in charge of trade and supplies, which was also critical during Covid19.
He had the least cok ups compare to Joteo, HSK, OYK, Lawrence Wong, Desmond Lee, etc.

But people don't seem to realise that. :(

gravity_infinity

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CwoVDWTUAAAXzVO.png
now got black and white. and evidence that OYK lied in parliament

obsceneK2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think m chan is street smart. Expressing the reality at that point in time. Talk sense..
I supported him .. if i am in his shoes.. i will also do likewise.. priorities for medical first..
It’s unfortunate that people dun like his frank style of speaking in plain english..
fully supported him.
I sarrpok him to be minister of education to learn how to differential cotton from wool

selfcheck

Reaction score
Hong Kong's issue with masks
Today you see newspaper? What is happening to Hong Kong now? What did South China Morning Post just report about Hong Kong?

They are down to less than one months' supply of masks for their medical people.

Which means that when the medical people don't even get the masks you think they dare to go and take care of the sick people?

Singapore to avoid masks shortage
If we have done what we have done like Hong Kong without thinking, and ask Carrie Lam, PM, myself, Lawrence Wong, Gan Kim Yong go to press conference everyone wear a mask, today everybody panic.

I can guarantee you, today our hospital system would have broken down.

They would be no more surgical masks for our hospital people because people would have all used up like tissue paper.

If every Singaporean used a surgical mask, one day we would burn 5 million surgical masks, if not more.

And since we don't know how long we got to fight this war right, and the supply lines are cut already right, how long must we conserve the surgical masks to make sure that our medical system still can work?

It could be three months, it could be six months, correct?

You all now understand the difficulty?

But then we have a problem.

Because everybody is clamouring for a mask.

And we know that the surgical masks will all be wasted and we will end up like Hong Kong one of these days without masks for their medical workers.

So what did we do?
Shortly after shooting his mouth in a leaked convo and bad mouthing on HK Carrie Lam for wearing mask, this happens:

UK56NJg.jpeg

dambio

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
During the initial stages of the Covid-19 pandemic, the World Health Organisation (WHO) advised against mask-wearing, and this advice was followed by the Singapore government and not because of concerns about a shortage of masks for healthcare workers.

This was clarified by Health Minister Ong Ye Kung to Parliament on Tuesday (21 Mar) in response to Mr Gerald Giam, Workers’ Party MP for Aljunied GRC, who mentioned that Singaporeans saw through the Government’s initial statements about the “real reason” why they were discouraging those who were well from wearing masks.
One reason for shortage is.

Foreigners buy up available stocks. Send back to family n friends. Or to make profit by selling it many times more

opteron

Master Member
Reaction score
tldr

"Sia suay. (Laughter)

I don't know how to say in English. Anyone? English sia suay called what?"

Sia lan suay CCS ftl

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There was a clearly a mask shortage at that time. Everywhere out of stock. And one had to pay like $75 for a box sourced online. I was only able to secure a box through a doctor friend.
the kicker is that the china FTs in Singapore were buying masks here and sending them back to tiong kok,
exacerbating the shortage

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

CCS was in charge of trade and supplies, which was also critical during Covid19.
He had the least cok ups compare to Joteo, HSK, OYK, Lawrence Wong, Desmond Lee, etc.

But people don't seem to realise that. :(
got money what cannot buy?

many housewives also do a good job purchaing supplies for their families,
but do they get praises?

whatheheck

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But people don't seem to realise that.
:(

agree with this too.kinda smart and he is quite on the practical side but suay thing is the way he talks kena hiam bah . LW hear him talk after a while is not those slow but steady kind but machiam like school principal ramble slowly in a condescending tone and stuff it up your axxx :s13:

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.