Legally serving ties with my mother (pls help)

Urbanchap

Reaction score
Now my mother won't stop harassing his family. I am so embarrassed by all of it and so so embarrassed by all the inconvenience I caused to my boyfriend's family.

Now that the situation has come to this, you need to be firm with your mum that you are not going back. You're an adult now and she has no right to force you to stay with her. Unless, of course, you let her bully you into moving back. Stop feeling embarassed. What u need now is mental strength and courage. Worse come to worse, move out from your bf place and dun tell them where you are staying until your mum gives up. One way or another, you need to let your mum know she cannot control you anymore if you want to be free of her.

Last edited:

yoongf

Master Member
Reaction score
Your bf is not ready to be the guy u need. U need a pillar of strength. Seriously reconsider the ROM.

dilphinus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just told them that my mother is abusive and I will not be contacting her after and would like to move in. Didn't let them know my mother will be crazy enough to harass him like that.

As for ROM it is next week!
You aren't 100% truthful to the man you are going to marry. Why tell them half the story only?
My mother just showed up at my Husband's house door right now. She said the police gave her my address. Can Singapore Police Force actually do that? I had filed a police report and told them not to give as my mother is harassing me and is physically abusive. But the Police went and gave it anyway WTF.
I really don't know what to do! Have really lost faith in Singapore's police force. Wow. I cannot get away from her now. I still can't believe Singapore's police force would do that. I had already filed a police report that this person is causing me physical hard and they went and give her my address. Do they want me to die sooner or what? I'm so perplexed by the police actions for real.

Just imagine it is a murderer or stalker and it is so easy for them to get someone's address from Police? Literally speechless. Now my mother won't stop harassing his family. I am so embarrassed by all of it and so so embarrassed by all the inconvenience I caused to my boyfriend's family.

You sure the police revealed your current address to your mum? Your mum said so and you believe? How about you walk into a police station and try asking for someone's address....and see if they will reveal?

Also don't know why you need to make a police report. You want to remove all traces but went to leave a trace.

amransan

Reaction score
I believe your mother is over protective maybe there many reasons maybe she a single mother and trust me it is not easy for a single parents there a lot of stress.

no matter how bad is your mother she still your mother I am very sure deep in her heart she forever love u.

trust me I myself came from a broken family my parent divorce when I was just 7 year old and I had to learn how to be independent at that age living with my grandparents.

Since that day I always though my mother left me because she never love me and slowly over the years I beginning to hate her and when I were 18 year old my mom came to look for me. Because it’s been so long I seen her and I had the mindset that my mom left me because she don’t love me anymore I treated her coldly and my mind I was confuse when I look at her face I know she my mother but the mother and son feeling is no longer there to me she is like a aunty I never see before. After a few year she pass away then I realised I can never see her again and till today I regretted treating her coldly. Please don’t made the same mistake I did at least your mom is still around and I am very sure when there a problem there a solution find it.

now u won’t understand this no mother of father in this world hate their children no matter how old u are in their eyes u still their baby girl. U will understand this when u have your own children in future.

I truly hope everything goes well for u

LoUsyGamER

Reaction score
I had heard from a lady before of similar case where the mother keeps hitting her with a rod even she grew up. Fortunately for the lady, her mother doesn't care her wellbeing and where she is as long as she gives money to her mother every month (money was put somewhere in the house). So she shifted out and when her mother was much older, they reconciled.

Every family has their own problem. Could not advise much but would only say stay alive for the time being. Sort things out one by one and stay sane.

forget_r

Reaction score
Just keep calling the police, it will come to a point where your mum has to stop or the police will stop her since the police will have to keep visiting your residence address. There is no solution to harassment except the use of power (getting the involvement of the police). This is going to be a game of patience. If you still believe that she might change for the better and would like to give her a chance to change, set the rule for reconciling (e.g. She shall not hit you again, no shouting, no harassments etc).

And please do not feel guilty at all, there is no stopping of asshole reproducing, and in the case, you happen to be a by-product of this. So make the best of it, not let it define you. Just don't be the next asshole. And please ignore those that claims all parents are nice, etc. Either they have really good parents or they are really bad parents themselves that they are trying to comfort themselves of their bad behavior. I am a parent, and if I were to behave in such manner as you described (pull and bang head on the wall over small matter, lock you up), I think my children should move on in life, maybe split on face and pee on my grave for comfort. And I would have been be glad that genetic mutation works in a magically way that they didn't take much from me.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.