lenovo ideapad flex 5 14 VS asus laptop ryzen 7 4700u

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think mine was only on-site, no premium
Yes, the middle-tier on-site is good enough, but does not guarantee single-visit resolution. I know cos my Jan service job for a work laptop I was holding resulted in a third visit. :s13:

Was told by the service guy that if it were premium, resolution within one single visit was their KPI, along with next-business-day.

I suppose there's a reason why the price difference for Premium is higher for Thinkpads than for Ideapad/Legion/Yoga.

Euqorab

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, the middle-tier on-site is good enough, but does not guarantee single-visit resolution. I know cos my Jan service job for a work laptop I was holding resulted in a third visit. :s13:

Was told by the service guy that if it were premium, resolution within one single visit was their KPI, along with next-business-day.

I suppose there's a reason why the price difference for Premium is higher for Thinkpads than for Ideapad/Legion/Yoga.
I just now check $206 to upgrade premium lol

AstronautSG

Reaction score
thanks for the helpful sharing everyone😀! After further research, I wont be getting the Lenovo flex 5 as they are many issues with the hinge and/or screen. The last thing I need is to repair my laptop in the middle of the semester or during exam period 😖.

Sharing some links for those who are researching as well

- screen pinch + hinge issue at 6.20sec

And google flex 5 hinge issue/failure

That being said, I googled the asus vivo flip as well, and unfortunately it seems to suffer from hinge failure/issue as well

Probably gonna get a non flip laptop, the ASUS Zenbook 14. Have a friend who is using and and the battery lasts up to 21 hours!

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thanks for the helpful sharing everyone😀! After further research, I wont be getting the Lenovo flex 5 as they are many issues with the hinge and/or screen. The last thing I need is to repair my laptop in the middle of the semester or during exam period 😖.

Sharing some links for those who are researching as well

- screen pinch + hinge issue at 6.20sec

And google flex 5 hinge issue/failure

That being said, I googled the asus vivo flip as well, and unfortunately it seems to suffer from hinge failure/issue as well

Probably gonna get a non flip laptop, the ASUS Zenbook 14. Have a friend who is using and and the battery lasts up to 21 hours!

You do realise it's a different model that you showed in the video. It's last year's.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which model? I find it hard to believe a Windows laptop lasting 21 hours with active usage. Even with top end laptops with massive battery, I've not seen anything pushing 12 - 15 hours of active usage. Please take the advertised battery life with a handful of salt because you will surely be disappointed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.