Lenovo Tab P11 Pro Gen 2 - 4GB/128GB

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Phone Arena - USD 218.87

This tablet seems like a steal for what it can achieves (4GB version).

But doesn't seem to have SIM support for the 4GB/6GB models. 8GB might have, but not widely available.

11.2-Inch
120Hz OLED Display
Octa-core MediaTek Kompanio 1300T Processor
128GB Storage
4GB RAM
8,000mAh Battery
Four JBL Speakers
MicroSD Card Slot
USB Type-C Port

Even supports pen and keyboard.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a bit of a downer cos the screen got downgraded from 11.5" to 11.2"... but the refresh rate is higher... I guess the higher refresh rates more than makes up for the slight decrease in screen size... I am still using the earlier model... the processor has changed from A Snapdragon SD730G to a MediaTek Kompanio 1300T... not sure if that's similarly powerful or weaker or stronger... but if can get at $300+, it's probably pretty good value...

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waiting for friend heading to US and see if offer still available or not.

cosycatus

Reaction score
Which rock u living under?

It's the xiao Xin pad pro 2022.
Shoppe got at 400 ish.
There is even a snapdragon version with 8 gig ram.

I got this 6 gig version.
It's ok la.
Only thing is standby time not as good as iPad.
I automate it to shut off during sleeping time to extend the standby longevitiy

pustefix

Reaction score
Please read the first post in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tb132fu-faq-and-how-tos.4531481/ to understand more about Xiaoxin pad pro 2022 and p11 pro gen 2 (TB132FU is this tablet with the Kompanio 1300T). The p11 pro gen 2 will be more hassle free but more expensive while pad pro 2022 will be cheaper but need to do more work (update using China VPN if need to, install Google Play, etc).

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It really depends on your use for it. I think the global version is p11 pro gen 2 and the China version is xiaoxin pad pro 2022. Yes you can change to international ROM but that involves unlocking bootloader and affects the widevine if I'm not wrong. If u use for work some companies disallow unlocked bootloaders too. Mwhat I've said won't !make a diff if the bootloader can be relocked after flashing global rom
Which rock u living under?

It's the xiao Xin pad pro 2022.
Shoppe got at 400 ish.
There is even a snapdragon version with 8 gig ram.

I got this 6 gig version.
It's ok la.
Only thing is standby time not as good as iPad.
I automate it to shut off during sleeping time to extend the standby longevitiy

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please read the first post in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/tb132fu-faq-and-how-tos.4531481/ to understand more about Xiaoxin pad pro 2022 and p11 pro gen 2 (TB132FU is this tablet with the Kompanio 1300T). The p11 pro gen 2 will be more hassle free but more expensive while pad pro 2022 will be cheaper but need to do more work (update using China VPN if need to, install Google Play, etc).
I want to be able to use for work so p11 pro gen 2 more suitable. If for own use I suppose xiaoxin pad pro 2022 enough bah,

pustefix

Reaction score
It really depends on your use for it. I think the global version is p11 pro gen 2 and the China version is xiaoxin pad pro 2022. Yes you can change to international ROM but that involves unlocking bootloader and affects the widevine if I'm not wrong. If u use for work some companies disallow unlocked bootloaders too. Mwhat I've said won't !make a diff if the bootloader can be relocked after flashing global rom

If you read the post, you can't flash global rom to the china version, at least not yet.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's any easy way to flash the global ROM onto the Xiaoxin Pad Pro 2022 at the moment... Lenovo has made some changes to their flashing software to do regional checks as well as version checks to prevent that... not sure if anyone on XDA has managed to crack that but from my awareness, not easy to do so with any certainty and always with the risk of bricking your tablet...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to be able to use for work so p11 pro gen 2 more suitable. If for own use I suppose xiaoxin pad pro 2022 enough bah,
What does the international model have that the China model doesn't allow? Installing Google Play Store isn't very difficult... once in, it works normally like any Android tablet... I bought the Xiaoxin Pad 2022 for my bro-in-law as a gift and did the installation... everything works fine... no issues...

The only issue is if your company has security concerns then I guess having the international model may be more compliant with whatever policies your company may want...

Otherwise in terms of hardware, you get an official keyboard and stylus which you can buy as a bundle from the re-sellers on Shopee... if you can navigate Tao Bao then you can make significant savings by buying the 3 items (tablet, keyboard and stylus) from any bundle deals there especially during their flash sales... so for productivity, it works like a charm...

pustefix

Reaction score
I've just bought the Xiaoxin pad pro 2022 6/128 from Shopee and although seller said that it is with China rom, it is delivered with global rom, i.e it is like Tab P11 Pro Gen2. Everything seems to be working fine, Playstore, Netflix widevine level 1, productivity mode. The only issue that I see right now is that there is no OTA update, rom is from Sep 2022 and it is expected if you read the XDA forum. I will use the global rom for a while and decide if I wanted to switch to China rom.

I have the keyboard too and the whole setup is pretty light, it is lighter than the original Lenovo Duet Chromebook. As for productivity, I felt that the Chromebook is better because most of what I need is the Chrome browser and Chromebook has the full browser with extension support. I also can't make the tablet browser full screen and ctrl-v is not working too.

Tony.Manero

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've just bought the Xiaoxin pad pro 2022 6/128 from Shopee and although seller said that it is with China rom, it is delivered with global rom, i.e it is like Tab P11 Pro Gen2. Everything seems to be working fine, Playstore, Netflix widevine level 1, productivity mode. The only issue that I see right now is that there is no OTA update, rom is from Sep 2022 and it is expected if you read the XDA forum. I will use the global rom for a while and decide if I wanted to switch to China rom.

I have the keyboard too and the whole setup is pretty light, it is lighter than the original Lenovo Duet Chromebook. As for productivity, I felt that the Chromebook is better because most of what I need is the Chrome browser and Chromebook has the full browser with extension support. I also can't make the tablet browser full screen and ctrl-v is not working too.
This is a very good tablet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.