alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cheap lens... Not very serious

So ignore

Continue keep in dry cabinet for further deterioration

xerome

Reaction score
Thanks, my thought process somewhere along that line too. It actually looks to be affecting image quality a bit, slightly hazy, which got me to go clean my lens, that's when i found out =.=

Been keeping my set of lenses in cupboard with dehumidifier since 2012. After noticing this yesterday pulled trigger and bought a dry cabinet lol Luckily no noticible signs of fungus on my other lenses yet.

Last edited:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just dispose off.

The coating is damaged by the fungus already, there is no benefit in repairs as they need to replace the entire set of elements.

Legionchaos

Reaction score
i too had this issue just screw it and keep using take it as special effects, mine was in dry box all these while

Unclemun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
before spending money on another lens, test the focal lengths where you can see the fungus and avoid the range of focal length when taking photos.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.