Lenskart vs ownsday

blurwulf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did you try another outlet? maybe the outlet you went cannot but maybe another may say cover by warranty.
Never try other outlet. Anyway I never set my foot in owndays again after that incident. They make subpar quality specs yet refuse to honor the warranty. Used to buy at least 1 pair of specs from them every year cos I can claim from my coy...now I take my business elsewhere liao.

ichinisan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never try other outlet. Anyway I never set my foot in owndays again after that incident. They make subpar quality specs yet refuse to honor the warranty. Used to buy at least 1 pair of specs from them every year cos I can claim from my coy...now I take my business elsewhere liao.
Any other shops to recommend?

blurwulf

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any other shops to recommend?
Last year I got my specs from capitol. So far so good bah, can't say I would "highly recommend" it though.
This year maybe I will try other shops...

o blong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year I got my specs from capitol. So far so good bah, can't say I would "highly recommend" it though.
This year maybe I will try other shops...

Ya good to know more local honest aunty unker shops to support

All the mega shops rly make them suffer right?

touchring1

Reaction score
Their high end frame is good. I make two together. The high end one I am still wearing after five years. Their lens is not lasting though.

My ownsdays lens start peeling after a year and a half, thinking of trying Zoff. Is the coating on Zoff better? Ownsday lens is terrible, peels very quickly.

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My ownsdays lens start peeling after a year and a half, thinking of trying Zoff. Is the coating on Zoff better? Ownsday lens is terrible, peels very quickly.
My 2 ownsday lens have this issue, see far ok but see near very blur.
Bring back to store but they said no issue. Did not have this issue with my old spec.

what is the problem?

touchring1

Reaction score
My 2 ownsday lens have this issue, see far ok but see near very blur.
Bring back to store but they said no issue. Did not have this issue with my old spec.

what is the problem?

Is your len progressive? See near blur means lao hua eyes.

Ironside

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never try zoff before. I thinking of making glass Lens because I purchase a frame from online.

sPacEmAn_sPiFf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly, cannot be compared.

Owndays is Japan brand.

What is Lenskart?
Lenskart is an Indian optical prescription eyewear retail chain, based in Faridabad. As of September 2019, Lenskart had stores in over 70 cities in India. Its manufacturing facility in Delhi manufactures 300,000 glasses a month.

Joey5555

Reaction score
Knew Lenskart was from India but their National Day promo last month was too good to resist. Bought 2 for $86. I like their online 360Ā° feature. Take photo of your face then can superimpose the specs see which one suits you better.

After order online, went to their physical shop for eye test then upload the prescription online. Pretty convenient.

andyhtc

Master Member
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of spectacles this morning online from Lenskart as the current one broke at the frame when I dropped too many times (this one cost me SGD 300+ in JB Aeon).

The new one costs about $110+ after a 15% online discount. I did not take up the 2nd pair offer through membership - it would cost about $160+ for the 2nd pair with membership. I don't see the need for a 2nd pair for myself or a family member.

The optic testing equipment at the CityLink Mall are more advanced than the usual ones and the service was quite good. There were a lot of frames and many expensive lenses available there compared to online. There were also a number of customers inside the shop, so I guess the price versus quality should be good.

Now I'm waiting for the collection of the new pair of spectacles in 1-2 weeks.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently just bought frame from Smartbuyglasses online.

ECyClone

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of spectacles this morning online from Lenskart as the current one broke at the frame when I dropped too many times (this one cost me SGD 300+ in JB Aeon).

The new one costs about $110+ after a 15% online discount. I did not take up the 2nd pair offer through membership - it would cost about $160+ for the 2nd pair with membership. I don't see the need for a 2nd pair for myself or a family member.

The optic testing equipment at the CityLink Mall are more advanced than the usual ones and the service was quite good. There were a lot of frames and many expensive lenses available there compared to online. There were also a number of customers inside the shop, so I guess the price versus quality should be good.

Now I'm waiting for the collection of the new pair of spectacles in 1-2 weeks.
Curious to know more about your experience as I saw a 2 pairs for $101* for progressive lens. I never had progressive lens before and the price seems cheap enough for me to get a pair now. I read that payment can be made upon ordering or at showroom.

Would prefer to pay after the consultation in case there's changes, ie. frame is not something I want. I must admit that I had not tried buying frames online as I think must see and tried first.

andyhtc

Master Member
Reaction score
Curious to know more about your experience as I saw a 2 pairs for $101* for progressive lens. I never had progressive lens before and the price seems cheap enough for me to get a pair now. I read that payment can be made upon ordering or at showroom.

Would prefer to pay after the consultation in case there's changes, ie. frame is not something I want. I must admit that I had not tried buying frames online as I think must see and tried first.

The progressive lenses are definitely very cheap at about $100+.

However, progressive lenses are more difficult to make since there are two focal positions - long and short. The optician has to be very skilful to take the correct measurements and the lens maker has to cut the lenses very well to get those focus positions and smooth transitions between the two correct.

I rejected my first pair and am still waiting for the 2nd pair to be delivered. The delivery time is about 2 weeks from the shop confirmation each since they have to be ordered from India. If you cannot wait, you can skip Lenskart.

For information, I also rejected my previous first pair from the shop in JB Aeon but it was about 1 week from shop confirmation each. I believe the lenses are cut in Johor that is why it was faster.

ITedge

Reaction score
Ownsday service is better. Already made 2 pairs of specs this year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.