Lenskart vs ownsday

ECyClone

Reaction score
The progressive lenses are definitely very cheap at about $100+.

However, progressive lenses are more difficult to make since there are two focal positions - long and short. The optician has to be very skilful to take the correct measurements and the lens maker has to cut the lenses very well to get those focus positions and smooth transitions between the two correct.

I rejected my first pair and am still waiting for the 2nd pair to be delivered. The delivery time is about 2 weeks from the shop confirmation each since they have to be ordered from India. If you cannot wait, you can skip Lenskart.

For information, I also rejected my previous first pair from the shop in JB Aeon but it was about 1 week from shop confirmation each. I believe the lenses are cut in Johor that is why it was faster.
I think I can wait. Haha... I still have my regular glasses but starting have problems reading. No experience with progressive lens but I know that my colleague had to re-do his first pair of progressive lens many times before he got a good fit. Thus I was not looking at progressive lens until I see this Lenskart promo. Not so heart pain if it really does not work well for me.

radish

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
i dont know abt lenskart i do know abt owndays, i own 3 pairs from them. their lenses quality drop after a year of usage, scratches will appear, frame wise the sub $200 range are mroe flimsy.

ECyClone

Reaction score
Ownsday service is better. Already made 2 pairs of specs this year.
Had 3 pairs from Owndays. Would say services are generally good but really depends on fate to meet some experienced optometrist to give good advise for early lao hua people like me. :ROFLMAO:

Had a pair of glasses from Lenskart last year cos of 1-for-1 opening promotion. Service not bad too but getting a frame that I like was difficult. Had to make-do with a frame that I wasn't too keen but since I am getting the free pair, just cin chye lo. :ROFLMAO:

Only now that I found out (from here) that their online pricing is cheaper than retail shops. But buying glasses online is still a new thing for me.

kevinlaikf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long not owned by Luxottica, it would be a good buy.

A-No-Ne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to both places to take a look and feel the Lenskart frames look filmsy, so went with OD to make a new pair

YellowPolka

Reaction score
Are lenskart progressive lens good? I'm not too particular about my glasses. I throw them everywhere, never use microfibre cloth to clean and my short sightedness stayed the same for decades. I've used owndays, and HDB opticians. No difference to me.

ECyClone

Reaction score
i dont know abt lenskart i do know abt owndays, i own 3 pairs from them. their lenses quality drop after a year of usage, scratches will appear, frame wise the sub $200 range are mroe flimsy.
I see that "Made in Korea" was on my older pairs of Owndays. The newer pair I had does not indicate the make. Don't know where's it's from now.

But ah... The frames now also like not cheap now lo. I ended up need to go for the $198 range as well. Plus lens will be $298 liao.

ECyClone

Reaction score
u buy specs online how u know fits your face unless u all look like movie stars
I do know of someone who tells everybody she buy the frames from Taobao, cheap and good. And will get the lens from local shops at cheap price. Definitely not a movie star but she only uses it for reading, not much of harm even if it's not too pretty. Haha...

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lenskart is ceca hor just in case u all dunno

A-No-Ne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u buy specs online how u know fits your face unless u all look like movie stars
Lenskart website can let you take photo of yourself and you can try them on virtually. Pretty fun.

Towelie

Reaction score
Lenskart website can let you take photo of yourself and you can try them on virtually. Pretty fun.
but people's head dimensions are different. I do agree that this tech seems helpful and fun but I doubt it is that useful.

As I read the comments here, most spectacles cost 100-200, same as neighbourhood shops? Then got what difference, even more expensive and quality isnt there?

Then again for those expensive frames or branded whatever braun buffel or even oakley i think they are from the same companies

edit: oh wait, braun buffel not from there, but again what's the difference anyway

Ahniah

Reaction score
Lenskart ceca ah. But then I bought 2 pairs a few months back and till today still no scratches even though I dropped it a few times. Quite good leh, lenses easy to clean also. But I only wear at home.
The only bad thing so far is when the glasses finally arrived from Delhi through DHL, there was this pungent smell coming from the packaged boxes. It's like 100s of ceca popped on it then sent over one. Good thing the spectacles case don't have smell.

fortunehunter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Owndays anytime.

Lenskart is CECA company.

Sometime it depend.
Not all japan owned business is good not all india owned business is bad.

I tried Lenskart their service and quality is far more superior than owndays.
I definitely will RTB from them.

thank you lenskart for providing us cheap price, good quality and best customer service.

D0Lrh92UwAUu8ZJ.jpg

andyhtc

Master Member
Reaction score
I think I can wait. Haha... I still have my regular glasses but starting have problems reading. No experience with progressive lens but I know that my colleague had to re-do his first pair of progressive lens many times before he got a good fit. Thus I was not looking at progressive lens until I see this Lenskart promo. Not so heart pain if it really does not work well for me.

Do add the transition and UV protection for the lenses since the add-on cost is very low.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both are lousy frame... Pls spend abit more get branded frame... Those cheap frame.. Taobao alot.. Few dollars only..

andyhtc

Master Member
Reaction score
I just got back my new pair of spectacles from Lenskart after rejecting the first one. My review is below.

My lenses are progressive light-responsive and the peripheral distortion is greatly reduced compared to my original much more expensive lenses. The quality of the in-house frame and lenses, while not top-notch, is very good for the price ($112).

Service by the staff and service policies are good as well e.g. 1-month return period if spectacles do not fit well. Overall, I'm quite happy with this pair.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.