Letsgoeurope ( L.G.E Travel )

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh no, I jus book my 12D finland tour + Hurtigruten cruise with SA tour in Dec 2017.... after I saw those previous review, I hope I don't get a shitty tour guide. Anyway after I book e tour 1 mnth later, the agency just called and inform me that I need to change my travel dates (due to no igloo hotel). WTH!!! imagine my leave, my insurance has alrd applied. Hais... so regret now

No igloo hotel or the price of the igloo hotel increased already ? :s11::s11::s11:

Concorde27

Reaction score
We have been hesitating to book with LGE at first but was always thinking should give others agency a chance after reading a few negative feedback online( Tot that their package are cheaper and in actual facts, not much of a different after adding all the optional which others include) Pretty regret now.

Our Finland tour departing in less than a week from today , till now we are not inform and update on anything. All we know of was who is our tour manager. Tour manager had not call or get in touch with us. We been to a few Europe trip last few years and do understand that is peak season now as many tour manager should be out bringing another group( as in our previous trip, tour manager meet us few weeks earlier to brief us when he is back in sg) but I think tour manager or office can easily send a whatsapp/ sms or call to all passenger to update(unless he wasn't inform that he is bringing us). Worst was our flight detail are different from the note which stated in our itinerary given to us on a mass briefing last month ( worst briefing I ever attended , maybe it mean mess briefing), tried to call LGE office to check , was answered that just follow the itinerary note given on the mass briefing but once again we inform them the airline itinerary are different from what it stated on the note . Waiting for their reply ...............
Keeping our finger cross that everything goes smoothly on our actual trip to Finland.

Wish us luck .

Last edited:

ApeTruelove

Master Member
Reaction score
We have been hesitating to book with LGE at first but was always thinking should give others agency a chance after reading a few negative feedback online( Tot that their package are cheaper and in actual facts, not much of a different after adding all the optional which others include) Pretty regret now.

Our Finland tour departing in less than a week from today , till now we are not inform and update on anything. All we know of was who is our tour manager. Tour manager had not call or get in touch with us. We been to a few Europe trip last few years and do understand that is peak season now as many tour manager should be out bringing another group( as in our previous trip, tour manager meet us few weeks earlier to brief us when he is back in sg) but I think tour manager or office can easily send a whatsapp/ sms or call to all passenger to update(unless he wasn't inform that he is bringing us). Worst was our flight detail are different from the note which stated in our itinerary given to us on a mass briefing last month ( worst briefing I ever attended , maybe it mean mess briefing), tried to call LGE office to check , was answered that just follow the itinerary note given on the mass briefing but once again we inform them the airline itinerary are different from what it stated on the note . Waiting for their reply ...............
Keeping our finger cross that everything goes smoothly on our actual trip to Finland.

Wish us luck .

Hi I suggest you try calling airline which is Finair I believe to check

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wish us luck .

How can the flight details are different ??? :s11::s11::s11:

Gerrardpool

Reaction score
Are you flying Finair? When is your depart and have your tour manager/LGE call you to answer all your queries?
I have also book this 12days Finland/Norway tour but through SA. So far the experience with the SA staff is very good.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you flying Finair? When is your depart and have your tour manager/LGE call you to answer all your queries?
I have also book this 12days Finland/Norway tour but through SA. So far the experience with the SA staff is very good.

Just to register and post this one ?
You working under which company ? :s11:

xxanonymous12321xx

Reaction score
Let's Go Europe (LGE) Tours review

I have also posted my review on tripadvisor so here goes:

My family and I have engaged LGE tours for our iceland trip during end of 2017. From online hardware zone reviews, you can see that they have many negative reviews about their tour guides and meals that were provided throughout the trip. Also, many have said that their bad reviews posted on LGE tour's facebook page were not handled professionally and instead, are being removed from their site.

In all true honesty, we were very worried as to how the tour would turn out to be. We even showed the administrative staff the reviews and questioned her about the said reviews. To which she replied that they have already dismissed the tour guides that are not professional. She asked us to not worry about it.

I must say that throughout the trip, the tour guide that we had was not too bad! In my own opinion, I would have preferred if there was more time for photo-taking at each site (usually 30 to 45 minutes would be given). However, this may vary across individuals. I just like to have more time to immerse in the surroundings! Overall, i would say that the tour is okay!

However, there is an experience that had caused disappointment to us. Due to bad weather condition, an aurora-hunting-by-cruise trip was cancelled. The local operator of the cruise at Iceland has a policy that they would always refund the full amount out of courtesy should such a situation happen. However, LGE tour has mentioned that there would be no refund as stated in the agreement signed. Of course, in this case, everything is in black and white and is legal. We were just upset and disappointed that LGE tours has decided to take advantage of our loss in this case (though things were done in a legal way, customer relationship management is bad). From the website, you can see that the ticket per pax translates to more than SGD$100.

Thereafter, due to bad weather conditions once again, our whale watching tour was also cancelled. This time round however, LGE tour has decided to refund us a portion of the fee we paid for the whale watching tour (maybe because they needed to do a bit of damage control because the entire group was already quite upset after the first encounter). Bear in mind, the local tour operator called "Special Tours" has always refunded the full amount should a tour be cancelled due to bad weather conditions. You can see from their website that they either offer a full refund, or that buyers can exchange for another tour should the tour be cancelled due to unfavourable weather conditions. And that is what i believe, is excellent customer relationship management and empathy to consumers who engage in your service! This is how you gain loyalty from your customers!

All in all, should there be no incidents where such unfortunate events happen that allow LGE tours to take advantage of you, i believe the tour would be a not-bad experience (in our case, the tour guide was okay too. we didn't get the unprofessional tour guides that previous customers got).

Last edited:
Reaction score
With so many competitively priced itineraries to choose from, my family opted for LGE Travel whose unique selling proposition was a “Money Back Guarantee” if none of our travelling group or the tour manager could view the polar lights during our 12-day Let's Go Aurora Lapland Sweden, Finland & Norway + Abisko tour.

Unfortunately, the professionalism, product knowledge and impeccable service standards that we were led to expect, after viewing the company’s advertisements and attending their briefing, were more myth than fact.

Even though the Aurora is a natural occurrence, we took the tour operator’s guarantee as evidence that everything humanly possible would be done to catch this phenomenon.

During a cloudy night, an indistinct photograph was captured by the tour manager's DSLR camera, which could record images not obvious to the human eye. He confirmed that the Northern Lights were obscured by clouds, but admitted that this unclear image from his high-end camera did not mean that we had seen the Aurora, as it was not visible to the naked eye.

The tour group was astonished when the company’s product manager declared that the partially captured image, through the lens of a DSLR camera, meant that we had seen the Northern Lights.

Misrepresentation takes place when customers are induced into making a purchase based on something the operator claimed, but failed to honour thereafter. Under the Travel Agents Regulations 2017, licensees must not publish or distribute any advertisement that is false, inaccurate or misleading.

Viewing the lights was the main aim of our vacation, but not enough was done to achieve this. The travel company’s belated efforts towards the end of our trip also bore no results.

The operator has yet to provide a satisfactory explanation. Our trust in their expertise and experience was misplaced. By not honouring the Money Back Guarantee, their lack of integrity was also made plain.

The effects of poor customer service ripple far beyond the future revenue lost from our group since they also lost the word-of-mouth advertising that only satisfied clients can provide. As it takes more effort to attract new customers than it does to retain existing ones, this is something no business can afford.

ngsimlim

Reaction score
I was recently on a 13D tour (from 6th to 18th March) to the Balkan states by LGE. My fellow tour members and myself were really impressed and grateful with the experience.

Before the trip, I had a lot of comprehension as I have only read the negative reviews in this thread after confirming my booking. I was also worried as this is the first Group Tour that I have ever been on after more than 10 years, having traveled mostly free and independently.

but have to say hands down, the tour leader Leon Leo did an exemplary job in making the tour a very memorable one. He was professional and capable while also being very sincere. Every moment he was looking out for our safety or otherwise, he was looking out for photo-ops. Lost count of how many ad-hoc spots that he brought us to that were out of the iti.

Most of the meals and hotels were also really good with the exception of maybe 2 -3 meals that were passable. but for the roughly $2XXX price that I got (being one of the first to book), the value for 13D bus rides, 4/5 star hotels and 90% local meals was definitely worthwhile.

One of the traveling members was a seasoned travel agency boss, and he himself was also very impressed with Leon and the whole experience.

Last edited:

DL8698

Reaction score
I had my first tour with LGE last year, Balkans in Sept/Oct. With a group of friends. The tour guide Michael was great. He's a free lancer, from Indonesia. Speaks good English. Very obliging in whatever we requested.

We had a small cock up (not his fault) and he compensated us by giving us a free Hotel upgrade in one of the towns. He impressed us so much that we gave him an additional tip at end of the trip.

We had another tour with LGE this year, to Spain/Portugal in April. Guide was Nicholle. Not bad either. Didn't encounter any problems during this tour. Not really much to see in Spain/Portugal, but can't blame the guide for that.

Don't forget that each tour group consists of guests from a few different tour agencies. So if really very bad luck you LGE guests got a lousy guide, so too did the guests from all the other agencies.

We did get a better price for the Balkan tour than some of those from other agencies. Maybe because we booked very far in advance. Not sure about that.

I guess there's an element of luck whether you get a good, average or downright lousy guide. So we were probably lucky on both trips. With LGE if you form a group large enough (can't remember how many pax) they allow you to pick your guide. Of course, if he is available.

We are planning to once again join LGE sometime next year to East Europe/Hallstatt. Probably in Oct...not yet firm.

CyberTan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello! May I do a follow up of this thread. I’m planning to visit Australia through this tour agency. Any further feedback about this company?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.