[Lex1989] LG GRAM 2022, i7-1260P + RTX 2050

natas

Reaction score
Sorry

Suntec harvey norman got 12th gen 16inch display set

I went there today and touched

I am there for meeting tmr, will go see see.

LG gram 14 pricing is out. 1899 for 1240p and 2199 for 1260p. Both come with 16gb and 512 ssd

Last edited:

Costello

Reaction score
the 16 inch version had a 1TB SSD option until yesterday.
then it got removed from everywhere. There's only a 512 GB SSD version now.. sigh
only the 17 inch one has got a 1 TB SSD. It's the most expensive option, cost $2899.

I'm going to get the 17Z90Q 1TB
https://www.lg.com/sg/laptops/lg-17z90q-gaa78a3
LG said the stores will have stock from next week i.e. June 13

EDIT 10th of June: the 1TB SSD option for 16" is back now for some reason. At $2699. Will get it if I can. Won't pay $200 for an extra inch (thats what she said...)

Last edited:

Costello

Reaction score
If anyone is interested Challenger already have stock at the north point outlet. You have to ask nicely to the manager, they have stock but not yet on display.
Went there earlier today, but I didn't purchase it as it was $100 above lazada price from official LG store (with no gifts) even though I have the member card.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the 16 inch version had a 1TB SSD option until yesterday.
then it got removed from everywhere. There's only a 512 GB SSD version now.. sigh
only the 17 inch one has got a 1 TB SSD. It's the most expensive option, cost $2899.

I'm going to get the 17Z90Q 1TB
https://www.lg.com/sg/laptops/lg-17z90q-gaa78a3
LG said the stores will have stock from next week i.e. June 13

EDIT 10th of June: the 1TB SSD option for 16" is back now for some reason. At $2699. Will get it if I can. Won't pay $200 for an extra inch (thats what she said...)
Is the SSD user replaceable? Based on the 2021 model, it seems to be so. If so, I don't see the reason why you pay a steep premium to get a 1TB, up from 512GB.

960x0.jpg

Costello

Reaction score
Is the SSD user replaceable? Based on the 2021 model, it seems to be so. If so, I don't see the reason why you pay a steep premium to get a 1TB, up from 512GB.

960x0.jpg
now, if I am correct the 512 and 1TB versions only have $100 price difference
if you take off the 512 SSD, and buy a new 1TB SSD, I am pretty sure buying a new 1TB drive would cost more than $100 (?)
You could offset that if you sell the 512 afterwards, but, I dont know, it seems like a stretch. I cant be bothered. Maybe I just deserve to pay for that laziness.

Costello

Reaction score
But Singapore still no WiFi 6E leh. Unless LG got advanced info that WiFi 6E is going to be approved?

:rolleyes:
I hope I wont be doing something illegal when I turn on my laptop next week lol
I dont have the router to use 6E anyway so not a problem for me

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I don’t want to burst your bubble, but I need to remind you that there will always be a trade off between performance and slim/light form factor. On paper, it may sounds like it packs a punch in terms of performance. But due to poor cooling solution, the Intel CPU and dedicated GPU won’t be able to run at its full potential due to throttling.

Is there a slightly thicker laptop that you recommend?

Also, a lot of laptops also don't have a good cooling solution despite being slightly thicker. Like purposely cut down to a single fan when it can have 2. So prefer one that is not that half-assed.

I also worry about the durability of this LG gram.

Last edited:

Costello

Reaction score
Been using my 16" unit for a few weeks now and I love everything about it.
It's so light, solid build, Windows 11 works perfect, all hardware works perfectly.

Bluetooth is great all my devices are connected (mouse keyboard headphones etc.) and no issue at all.
With my Lenovo under bluetooth 4.1 this wasn't possible.

Anyone got questions feel free to ask

vblues

Master Member
Reaction score
Been using my 16" unit for a few weeks now and I love everything about it.
It's so light, solid build, Windows 11 works perfect, all hardware works perfectly.

Bluetooth is great all my devices are connected (mouse keyboard headphones etc.) and no issue at all.
With my Lenovo under bluetooth 4.1 this wasn't possible.

Anyone got questions feel free to ask
Where did you buy it from? Why 16" and not 17"? i5 or i7? I'm currently deciding between 16 or 17". A pity no models here have 32GB RAM.

Costello

Reaction score
16" because the price was lower than 17" and I had a carrying bag perfect for 16"
i7 version because I like a good CPU
16GB RAM because now 8GB is too low and 32GB is not necessary in my line of work

I bought it for $2699 on Lazada LG store (it's now 2799 ...) and it came with 2 gifts: a 512 GB USB SSD, and a 4-port USB charger. I went to redeem them immediately as stock was limited, I got both. Appreciable but not life changing.
I cant post links but if you search on lazada the exact title is "

LG gram 16Z90Q 16" Laptop, 12th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM, 1TB, Win 11, 2 yrs warranty, Free Gift*​

"

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now, if I am correct the 512 and 1TB versions only have $100 price difference
if you take off the 512 SSD, and buy a new 1TB SSD, I am pretty sure buying a new 1TB drive would cost more than $100 (?)
You could offset that if you sell the 512 afterwards, but, I dont know, it seems like a stretch. I cant be bothered. Maybe I just deserve to pay for that laziness.
Based on the latter scenario you mentioned, the cost of the SSD will be pretty much the same if not a little higher. However, you are getting a 5 years warranty with a retail SSD, instead of x years of warranty tied to your laptop. So there is at least 1 merit of swapping with a retail SSD. In addition, I don't know the brand and make of the SSD, so there is a possibility that an after market SSD can be faster, depending on what you choose.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.