LG 2021 TV discussion thread

mep123

Reaction score
So with gst $3100++. Not a attractive price u can get sub 3k

Bam25th

Reaction score
I would consider the Sony XR 90 or 95 if you wish to consider a LED option instead.
But the blacks of the C1 are good, just that you will need to sit around 2m to get a real 4k experience...
Thanks!

After much considerations, I think I will still get a 65 inch c1. My living room too small already so I guess better screen smaller size is more appropriate.

Bam25th

Reaction score
Bought the 65" C1 at 2950 at HN MW, the prices at the price thread is without GST right?
What’s your free gifts?
$2950 is expensive, see the price thread someone bought for $28xx with free $200 voucher and earbuds and Mount installations.

Haha but I can’t find such good deals now anyway

rucifer

Reaction score
Any bros here upgraded from c8 to c1? Currently I'm using c8 65inch, been almost. 2yrs. Intending to upgrade but would like to know isit worth the money or wait for C2..

My usage mainly netflix and gaming on ps5

petetherock

Reaction score
Any bros here upgraded from c8 to c1? Currently I'm using c8 65inch, been almost. 2yrs. Intending to upgrade but would like to know isit worth the money or wait for C2..

My usage mainly netflix and gaming on ps5
65" to another 65"?
Nah... unless you really crave HDMI 2.1
Get the 77" for some improvement or the 83".
Go big or go home...

Suman3

Reaction score
What’s your free gifts?
$2950 is expensive, see the price thread someone bought for $28xx with free $200 voucher and earbuds and Mount installations.

Haha but I can’t find such good deals now anyway
Hey no free gift. Offered installation but i don't plan to mount. Yeah that's the thing right, walked and looked for a bit. Everwhere started quote starting with 31xx and had to bargain my way down. Guess it takes skill and patience.

BiggieZee

Reaction score
Just bought the c1 today n realised dat there's no atmos wen connect to my Samsung hw q900a soundbar. Any solution? Atmos only work if i switch to tv speakers..

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought the c1 today n realised dat there's no atmos wen connect to my Samsung hw q900a soundbar. Any solution? Atmos only work if i switch to tv speakers..
Your HDMI cable got plugged into the correct eARC ports on both TV and soundbar? And make sure you plug the HDMI cable in tightly

BiggieZee

Reaction score
Your HDMI cable got plugged into the correct eARC ports on both TV and soundbar? And make sure you plug the HDMI cable in tightly
Yup both done but still no atmos wen playing Netflix vision/atmos vids

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup both done but still no atmos wen playing Netflix vision/atmos vids
Have you updated the C1 and the 950A to the latest firmware?

Try unplug and plug the hdmi cable for eARC again. Make sure devices are off before plugging/unplugging of hdmi cable

C1 has issue passing atmos to 950A soundbar?

Try the settings below and see

Last edited:

BiggieZee

Reaction score
it works somehow but atmos is display on soundbar but on tv, just d/vision n no d/atmos. it happened if audio output is soundbar ya?

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it works somehow but atmos is display on soundbar but on tv, just d/vision n no d/atmos. it happened if audio output is soundbar ya?
You wtach Netflix using app on TV or you have another device connected to watch Netflix?

Samsung 950A has some issue with LG OLED TV and some connected devices

BiggieZee

Reaction score
Both on tv n nvidia. Mine is q900a. It seems to be working now. Only dat atmos is displayed on the soundbar n not on tv. Earc too displayed on soundbar

spuispui

Reaction score
Hi all, planning to get a C1 but still deciding whether to get 55” or 65”. I noticed majority here got 55”, is it for living room or bed room? Viewing distance is about 2m or slightly lesser. Appreciate any comment or feedback. Thank…

storm913

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got my LG c1 installed in my living room few days ago at my new place, and realize that there are sunlight on the tv screen for quite a few hours per day. Is it okay for the TV? Or do I need to always draw my blinds down to protect the TV?

Sent from EDMWER app!

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both on tv n nvidia. Mine is q900a. It seems to be working now. Only dat atmos is displayed on the soundbar n not on tv. Earc too displayed on soundbar
Have you updated the C1, Nvidia and 950A to the latest firmware?

How you connect the Nvidia..........directly to the soundbar or TV?

Just a fast guessing. Both the C1 and the 950A support dolby atmos. But you'll not get the best of both devices i.e. having dolby atmos on the soundbar and TV AT THE SAME TIME. That's because the TV and soundbar are both from different manufacturers.

AFAIK, only Samsung/Sony/LG has the capability of integrating (on some models) their TV and soundbar together using their own products to create a greater sound experience. Cross-mixing different brands will raise compatibility issues (in certain cases) and you'll not enjoy certain features as well.

Last edited:

BiggieZee

Reaction score
Have you updated the C1, Nvidia and 950A to the latest firmware?

How you connect the Nvidia..........directly to the soundbar or TV?
To tv
Just a fast guessing. Both the C1 and the 950A support dolby atmos. But you'll not get the best of both devices i.e. having dolby atmos on the soundbar and TV AT THE SAME TIME. That's because the TV and soundbar are both from different manufacturers.

AFAIK, only Samsung/Sony/LG has the capability of integrating (on some models) their TV and soundbar together using their own products to create a greater sound experience. Cross-mixing different brands will raise compatibility issues (in certain cases) and you'll not enjoy certain features as well.
Dis im aware eg Samsung soundbar with Samsung tv. But it's ok la. As long the soundbar display atmos logo wen playing atmos/vision contents is ok already.. Thanks anyway for the info...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.