LG 2021 TV discussion thread

FLiNcHY

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Model: LG 55C1
Date of purchase: 08/06/2021
Price: $2638 (Delivery, swivel wall mount installation, and FN6 wireless earbuds)
i dont need 55. i need 48

obsedian

Reaction score
Having owned the 65C9, I am also looking to get the 48CX (55” is too big for my use case). If anybody knows of any better deal than the Mega one on Lazada please do share

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Having owned the 65C9, I am also looking to get the 48CX (55” is too big for my use case). If anybody knows of any better deal than the Mega one on Lazada please do share
Islandwide sold out from my understanding

cos I had to go different shop and carousell account to get the last few set

azeris10

Reaction score
How much street price for 48CX? $3k?
thinking of using it as gaming monitor

kuro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Model: LG 55C1
Date of purchase: 08/06/2021
Price: $2638 (Delivery, swivel wall mount installation, and FN6 wireless earbuds)
Gotten the same model too at $2599 with the wireless earbuds and $200 e vouchers

GotBetrayed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually LG needs to release smaller oled TVs, heard got 42 inch coming, if got 42 G1 or smaller would be good for computer monitor and gaming.

rohitntu

Reaction score
Got the 65G1 at 4449 S$ (free 200$ grocery vouchers and wireless LG earbuds) at Harvey Norman Millenia Walk.

I was choosing between this and the C1 at approx 3750 S$, went for the G1 for the wall mount design.

I upgraded from the EG960T (2015 model 65" OLED), and while it's good to have Dolby Vision/Atmos pass-through, the OLED panel itself still looks very similar, maybe a bit brighter, but not a huge difference. The actual gallery design looks a huge step up, vs the curved model from 2015 which was not great for wall-mount.

I suspect if you can get the GX model at a much cheaper price, it would be a good buy! Everywhere I checked it was out of stock, or it was almost the same price as G1.

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone looking at 55A1 instead? What price would be acceptable? $2.2k?

OHutQ85

Reaction score
Was offer A1 55" at $2199 with $200 groceries voucher...... not sure if it is a good buy though it is a lower end of OLED 60Hz.

LiLAsN

Reaction score
Unless you are into gaming on your TV, the 120hz has zero value. Most shows on Netflix, movies etc are all 24hz. Sports is 50/60hz.
Apple's HFR is already here and TrueCut Motion for movies coming in 2022. Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart which has now surpassed even Pixar and Dreamworks animation shows us the true capability of future movies just by simply playing the opening scene of the game in Fidelity mode to see the opening cinematic in-game animation playing at 30fps and comparing it to the Performance RT mode running at 60fps but being sent through the 120Hz signal.

Notice the panning shots. How much clarity it brings to the scene versus the same cinematic shots at 30fps. The background becomes a lot more detailed and clearer to see as a result of no stutterings and judders during those panning shots.

This game, with Pixar level artwork and 3D Animation is an example as to why HFR or TrueCut Motion for movies is not such a bad thing. But it will need TVs that have HDMI 2.1 and with it, 120Hz in order to achieve it. VRR especially because the movies might not be constantly running at 120Hz.

rohitntu

Reaction score
Apple's HFR is already here and TrueCut Motion for movies coming in 2022. Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart which has now surpassed even Pixar and Dreamworks animation shows us the true capability of future movies just by simply playing the opening scene of the game in Fidelity mode to see the opening cinematic in-game animation playing at 30fps and comparing it to the Performance RT mode running at 60fps but being sent through the 120Hz signal.

Notice the panning shots. How much clarity it brings to the scene versus the same cinematic shots at 30fps. The background becomes a lot more detailed and clearer to see as a result of no stutterings and judders during those panning shots.

This game, with Pixar level artwork and 3D Animation is an example as to why HFR or TrueCut Motion for movies is not such a bad thing. But it will need TVs that have HDMI 2.1 and with it, 120Hz in order to achieve it. VRR especially because the movies might not be constantly running at 120Hz.
Not many people like the soap opera effect. The last LOTR was in 48fps, and was not very popular in terms of how it looked. They had to do 48fps for the Stereo 3D. There is a reason why all popular TV shows are shot at 23.976fps, and not 60fps. Games/Sports sure, more FPS, more resolution is always great, but then we are stuck with crappy Singtel and StarHub feeds.

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, does anyone know when will Major electronic stores start reducing prices for their 2021 TVs? I am looking to get their 86SP8000 :sneaky:

GotBetrayed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea.... but alot of places oos for CX 55"

Wasted should have gotten it few months ago
If not urgent just wait 2-3 more months price should come down significantly. If you not gamer then just go for A1.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.