Master Member
Reaction score
guys when i plug my laptop into hdmi 1

i got this issue

how to fix ah ?

i dun see this issue on my lappy screen, only appears on the c2

like the 1st 2 letters tio chopped off

m2jHiFi.jpg
That should not be happening. It looks like the edges are getting cropped.
There are 2 ways to solve this.

1) Make sure on Picture Settings, go to Aspect Ratio and make sure Just Scan is set to ON.

2) Also most importantly, long press on the Input Button on the remote which on on the extreme right from where the Home button is to get to the Home Dashboard. Then click on the 3 dot button on the top right and click 'Edit Inputs'. Highly on the icon beside the text for HDMI 1 and change the icon to PC which is the 2nd last icon.
This will enable 4:4:4 chroma on your PC and it will automatically have Just Scan set to ON so it won't crop your video.

This 'cropping' was actually meant for TV content in the past where the image can appear bent towards the edges. So most TVs generally crop the edges to hide those weird bends of the letterbox bars from films.
It is no longer relevant for most content today including TV. So remember to set 'Just Scan' to ON for all inputs including your Live TV and other HDMI ports.

Last edited:

gooifier

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am at HN MW just to walk around. They quote me LG OLED55C2PSA @2499. Good offer ? 65’ version is $3480….

runforyourlife

Reaction score
Guys, anyone of u using the C1 or C2 without mounting and with a sound bar?

I exploring sonos arc but seem too thick by viewing, specs though suggest the height can clear. Anyone have experience to share?

DrMax88

Reaction score
Guys, anyone of u using the C1 or C2 without mounting and with a sound bar?

I exploring sonos arc but seem too thick by viewing, specs though suggest the height can clear. Anyone have experience to share?
I have a conversation between LG online shop regarding this. C1 certainly cannot. C2 is marginal and the IR sensor is likely blocked by Sonos Arc. You can use IKEA LACK as the other user said, or buy a TV table stand.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
I have a conversation between LG online shop regarding this. C1 certainly cannot. C2 is marginal and the IR sensor is likely blocked by Sonos Arc. You can use IKEA LACK as the other user said, or buy a TV table stand.
Thanks!!

WestGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Interestingly enough the US website and local hardcopy brochure (which just came out) says the G2 has WiFi 6 and the C2 has WiFi 5, but the local website says both has WiFi 6.

IceRealm

Reaction score
Hi, I plan to buy a LG C2 to put in my bedroom. Currently I have a Plex server in a Nvidia shield in the living room.

Will I have any problem watching movies in the bedroom using the native Plex app in the LG C2? Or will it be better to buy another Nvidia shield to put in the bedroom for playback?

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the LG A2 or A1 worth buying?
Maybe contemplating the miniLED ones too.

Purpose is pretty basic, watch channel 8,watch getai on YouTube. Mainly for oldies parents.

My main concern is colour and view angle as they like to sit at weird side angles to watch TV.

I don't suppose 120hz or motion blur etc are important.

No gaming no Netflix etc.

IceRealm

Reaction score

Purpose is pretty basic, watch channel 8,watch getai on YouTube. Mainly for oldies parents.

My main concern is colour and view angle as they like to sit at weird side angles to watch TV.

For the price, it's not worth it. Maybe consider buying LED TV instead of OLED as they may be watching mostly shows that have static logos on long hours.

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the price, it's not worth it. Maybe consider buying LED TV instead of OLED as they may be watching mostly shows that have static logos on long hours.
You referring to those TN panels, around 1k to 1.5k? (65 inch)?

IceRealm

Reaction score
You referring to those TN panels, around 1k to 1.5k? (65 inch)?
Just generally non-OLED TV, there are VA and IPS panels. I just feel for older parents, an OLED may have more risk of burn-in as they can watch local channels whole day. Just a suggestion to consider as the LG A2 is not really worth it as it is just a little more to the C2 if you only consider OLED. And for a budget of LG A2, you can get a really good 65 inch non-OLED TV.

runforyourlife

Reaction score

Can get the prism one and then review for us all lol.

else just go c1 48”

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.