LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score

According to that, need hdmi earc to support Atmos, so this tv has earc right? Should be no problem?

It’s worth noting ARC doesn’t allow you to bitstream the full-fat high-quality codecs such as Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio or DTS:X soundtracks that you find on Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays. It simply strips out the core 5.1 data stream. If you want this level of functionality, you’ll need HDMI eARC.

Darrezz

Reaction score
when to gaincity and courts they keep recomending me samsung q60t ot tu8000. 82" i think among all other brands thithe best specs and price

moron+genius

Reaction score
so what i need is a hdmi 2.1 to archieve dolby atmos?

dun need 2.1, just need audio passthru via arc or earc to atmos capable AVR/SB. arc passes only DD+ atmos used by major streaming platform and you need Earc only if you connect BR player/console/Shield etc to tv and output Dolby TrueHD atmos to AVR/SB. If TV dun have earc just connect devices directly to AVR/SB.

maddyks

Reaction score
Sitting at 2.9 m, I pasted the wall with masking tape mimicking the dimensions of the TV. The top of the TV is so much above my viewing height (center of the TV, as recommended by mounting websites etc.). Any personal experiences?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sitting at 2.9 m, I pasted the wall with masking tape mimicking the dimensions of the TV. The top of the TV is so much above my viewing height (center of the TV, as recommended by mounting websites etc.). Any personal experiences?
You need to mount it such that the center of the TV is at eye level. Perhaps you need to readjust your mount.

maddyks

Reaction score
You need to mount it such that the center of the TV is at eye level. Perhaps you need to readjust your mount.
I did put up the tape with the center at eye level (42"). Which is when I felt that the top was too high :(

petetherock

Reaction score
so what i need is a hdmi 2.1 to archieve dolby atmos?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.