LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion

GotBetrayed

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do take into consideration your distance as well.
My sitting position is around 250cm from the TV.
With the 65" TV, watching Japanese anime and Korean variety/dramas are already on the edge of watchable due to the subtitle size and positioning not being easy for the eyes to look up and down with as compared to a smaller size TV. So something to consider when going for a bigger screen. I wanted to go bigger because I love the immersion but man... watching anime, and Korean shows like Running Man, I am glad I can modify the subtitle size for some shows depending on the website. (I watch my overseas shows on Viu or Netflix. So nothing illegal :s13:)

So take into consideration whether you have platforms that allow you to make it easier for you to watch and read subtitles without having you to move away from the video itself just to be able to read the subtitle from a huge screen. It's not fun at all and quite distracting since you'll miss the scenes as you are reading the subtitle from one end of the TV to the other if the subtitle is big or too small and low on the screen from the scene. It's some of the annoyances I experience ever since getting a bigger screen while still having that same distance.

Haha I see... I am thinking of 65 inch oled also or 82 inch...
Actually I am fluent in Japanese and I watch anime/Japanese movies/shows without subtitles.

I am learning Korean now as well.... but thanks for the advice!
Your advice applies to other shows from foreign countries as well.
In that case would you have gone smaller like 55?

petetherock

Reaction score
Haha I see... I am thinking of 65 inch oled also or 82 inch...
Actually I am fluent in Japanese and I watch anime/Japanese movies/shows without subtitles.

I am learning Korean now as well.... but thanks for the advice!
Your advice applies to other shows from foreign countries as well.
In that case would you have gone smaller like 55?

Nihongo deki masu 👍

petetherock

Reaction score
just went to tampines courts. their price tag info says its IPS. anyway really a stunning tv.

If you search online you'll see that every panel is IPS except the 82". It's very interesting...
It may be the reason why the contrast is so good on the 82"..

It's not uncommon - my 75" Sony Z9D has a different source compared to the 65" and a superior screen.

myblackboots

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys.
think i will go for the LG over samsung because of the 100hz over 60hz.

i made a mistake. the samsung is actually 120hz. got quoted 3549 for it with free mounting and installation from gc.
however saw reviews saying the viewing angle is pretty bad. will try it out in store see how.

ah-king

Reaction score
Yeah Samsung 82” viewing angle very bad.
Saw LG 82” viewing angle better. Saw both tv at GC amk.
Color wise LG win slightly better when playing the same YouTube video. Felt more contrast n less whitish.
Design wise I will say Samsung look better due to frameless design.
i made a mistake. the samsung is actually 120hz. got quoted 3549 for it with free mounting and installation from gc.
however saw reviews saying the viewing angle is pretty bad. will try it out in store see how.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
question. anyone using this tv for more than 1 month already? how is it? any reviews? 82UN8100 is the same as this model right?

freshvibes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah Samsung 82” viewing angle very bad.
Saw LG 82” viewing angle better. Saw both tv at GC amk.
Color wise LG win slightly better when playing the same YouTube video. Felt more contrast n less whitish.
Design wise I will say Samsung look better due to frameless design.

Any other 82” tv besides LG and Samsung?

eugesun

Reaction score
I watch it at best, very rough image and no details, display like 2D, no depth. Better buy sharp 70inch aquos led, for the picture quality and price.

petetherock

Reaction score
I watch it at best, very rough image and no details, display like 2D, no depth. Better buy sharp 70inch aquos led, for the picture quality and price.

Congrats, you're ready for the Sony Master series... :)

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Have been looking around at this set, seems like the price is currently controlled at $3,699 with free 32" TV. Missed the offer in July, hope after the current promotion ends in early October, price will fall below $3k again.

petetherock

Reaction score
Have been looking around at this set, seems like the price is currently controlled at $3,699 with free 32" TV. Missed the offer in July, hope after the current promotion ends in early October, price will fall below $3k again.
I don’t think the un8100ptb 82” has ever fallen below 3k bro ..
3699 with 32” is very good already
Where did you get this offer ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.