LG G watch Urbane anyone?

Icefjord

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just got the urbane 2 today, but can't find whatsapp for android wear at play store. Anyone having the same problem ?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Just got the urbane 2 today, but can't find whatsapp for android wear at play store. Anyone having the same problem ?

I don't think have? I have the notification nia, not the actual WA application on my watch.

jgyy1990

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Export set no warranty. Even if have, should be in house or other country.

i managed to find export set for 100 sgd lower. well i have little trust on smartwatch warranty based on my experience of waiting over 1 month to get my moto 3.60 fixed.

vt125

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm seriuously considering getting this LG urbane 2 if local telcos don't support samsung gear S3 LTE e-sim.

I also found out from youtube review that LG urbane 2 unable to use bluetooth headphone for calls only for music. Is that true?

So if I pair the watch with my android phone one time which has the singtel dash apps, I will be able to insert the NFC embedded sim card in the watch for NFC purchases like EZ-link transaction and other NFC purchases?

Thanks for any inputs!

vt125

Reaction score
Went to Kashia mobile and they sell local set with 1 yr warranty $598. Saw SGbest selling export set $498 also 1 yr warranty.
Anyone bought export set got problem? :s11:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Kashia mobile and they sell local set with 1 yr warranty $598. Saw SGbest selling export set $498 also 1 yr warranty.
Anyone bought export set got problem? :s11:

export set won't have local service centre warranty. their warranty can be from shop or from the native country.

vt125

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I hv to settle for local set to play safe but rather ex man.
More ex than gear S3.... unfortunalety S3 still cant standalone on LTE, don't like the idea of having phone in the pocket. Just my opinion. Thks again

ym901s

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just purchased the LG Urbane 2nd Edition.

Quick qns: Where can I buy the screen protector? Any good ones to recommend?

Also I find the screen brightness is too high how can I reduce the glare?

Thanks in advance!

:s12:

vt125

Reaction score
Had a mobile sharing plan with singtel and currently they are having a promotion of $5/mth for a year so happily I grabbed the offer. With this additional sim card I used it for my watch.
So I had it for a week now. My take for this smartwatch:

PROs
1) Aesthethic – Looks and feel great, a very manly watch!
2) Handsfree! At last I’m able to walk/sit without holding my hp. No more taking in and out hp from pocket esp when busy at work. This is my primary reason for getting this smartwatch.:s12:
3) Phone call – Was skeptical about the audio quality but turn out good! I did not even put near my mouth just folding my arm and placing the watch just slightly below chin. Very please with it. If calls come in while you are sitting is even best. Put your elbow on table and talk/hear with ease.
4) Health monitoring – This by far is the best feature. Really enjoy the convenience of monitoring all my health activities without having a hp. Cycling, jogging, walking without having a hp is great!
5) Auto connect – Unlike the hp(my usual habit is to select from data roaming to wifi when I reached home or enable Bluetooth to car radio when in car), this watch just connect automatically without me needing to do anything. Impressive!

CONs
1) Price – Quite Ex
2) Battery life – I can’t even past 12hrs! But then I read some foreign forum saying the battery will get better overtime and am hoping that’s true.
3) Keyboard – Not so friendly, need to swipe around to input. I tried the Samsung gear S3 and they are much better in terms of text input.
4) OK google – Using voice is quite a pain. I’m thinking this feature only tailored to those with European accent. I tested it with “Hey I’ve got the watch” and it turned out “hey I go to work”.:eek: It does work for very short phrase like “call so & so”. Unless they come out with recognising Asian accent otherwise this feature is quite redundant for me.

YET TO TRY
1) Headphone – Havn’t got a headphone for music/call answering. Will need recommendations from anyone who can share.
2) NFC – Looking fwd to try this feature but I guess will have to wait for AW2.0 update. Or has anyone able to use it yet?

CONCLUSION
Glad I purchased it, as it does improve my lifestyle. That said, I must add that this smartwatch is ideal for very small grp of ppl who don’t often surf net, social media texting, gaming, videoing, taking pic but still need be contactable for simple call/text functions. After all we are supposed to use technology to benefit us and not letting technology control us ya! Just my 2 cents;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.