LG G watch Urbane anyone?

ccccccc

Reaction score
i like it...except that it's 14mm thick...and no NFC?

Last edited:

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems that his watch is a better option over Moto360 2nd Gen? There is no local shop selling this watch? :s11:

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone change the leather strap to metal Strap? You all having the silver or gold version?

Wyvern8

Reaction score
There isn't anyone selling urbane but urbane 2 is probably coming out soon...

Anyone has any idea when Urbane 2 will be out...? This one looks better than the current new release batch of smart watches... :)

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any idea when Urbane 2 will be out...? This one looks better than the current new release batch of smart watches... :)

I dun really like the 2nd edition as it is no more on Android Wear and you cannot change the strap anymore.

Wyvern8

Reaction score
I dun really like the 2nd edition as it is no more on Android Wear and you cannot change the strap anymore.

Oh I see... Btw, I am a litttle lost. Are we able to make calls using Urbane watches..? I always have the impression that certain smartwatches only capable of receiving msgs notification..etc and not able to make calls.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh I see... Btw, I am a litttle lost. Are we able to make calls using Urbane watches..? I always have the impression that certain smartwatches only capable of receiving msgs notification..etc and not able to make calls.

Nope, most of the smartwatches do not have the capability to answer phone call via the smartwatches as the current Android Wear do not support this feature yet.

Manufacturer like Sony has to use their own OS on the device such as the Smartband Talk or LG coming up with Urbane LTE which are not running on Android Wear OS but on their own OS which allows the capability of making call and answering calls from the device itself.

Hope the above clarify your doubts.

So any smartwatches you are using now?

Wyvern8

Reaction score
Nope, most of the smartwatches do not have the capability to answer phone call via the smartwatches as the current Android Wear do not support this feature yet.

Manufacturer like Sony has to use their own OS on the device such as the Smartband Talk or LG coming up with Urbane LTE which are not running on Android Wear OS but on their own OS which allows the capability of making call and answering calls from the device itself.

Hope the above clarify your doubts.

So any smartwatches you are using now?

Oh I see.. Many thanks on the clarification.. I have got a Gear S and G watch R. Becoming hooked on these smart watches. So I should be looking out at Urbane LTE or Urbane 2 instead. Oh, btw, any idea where else can I find an LTE set or maybe an Urbane..? I trace back the post and found Q0010, but it shows out of stocks.. :)

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh I see.. Many thanks on the clarification.. I have got a Gear S and G watch R. Becoming hooked on these smart watches. So I should be looking out at Urbane LTE or Urbane 2 instead. Oh, btw, any idea where else can I find an LTE set or maybe an Urbane..? I trace back the post and found Q0010, but it shows out of stocks.. :)

I am considering to get the LG Urbane though instead of the Urbane 2 with LTE capability and probably ordering online from Expansys Singapore after comparing the prices from Q0010, Ebay etc.

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
I am considering to get the LG Urbane though instead of the Urbane 2 with LTE capability and probably ordering online from Expansys Singapore after comparing the prices from Q0010, Ebay etc.

I heard Adix selling at 380, else u can get it from Amazon at around 400.

Wyvern8

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice deal. Btw, do we make our purchase online or can we also drop by the shop to make the purchase..? Haven't buy from Expansys yet.. :)

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice deal. Btw, do we make our purchase online or can we also drop by the shop to make the purchase..? Haven't buy from Expansys yet.. :)

I have check on their Warranty Information before deciding to get from them since they cover 1 year warranty instead of buying from local which is consider export set and no warranty given.

Below is their Warranty Information :

"3.0 Warranty
*Revision to Warranty period note: [Standard Warranty period revision made on: 16.07.2014 at at 00:00 hours GMT to 12 months Standard Warranty cover, from 3 months. All orders placed after the revision time noted will fall within the revised cover terms of 12 months. Orders placed prior to this revision, will be subject to the agreement made at the time of order (3 months standard). Note re Extended Warranty: For orders placed prior to the time noted, that included an Extended Warranty purchase- the term of cover is for 15 months total cover - including the basic Warranty cover and Extended cover months.
3.1 Standard Warranty
Expansys provides a 12 month repair warranty for our customers (accessories including batteries do not carry any warranty).
3.2 The terms and conditions for a standard 12 month warranty are as follows:
3.3 If the customer wishes to return the goods or they are found to be faulty within 14 days, customers are entitled for either a full refund or replacement. Any item may be returned for any reason within 14 days from the date of dispatch. If you want to return the goods which are NON-DEFECTIVE within the 14 days period, please note that the returns should be in AS NEW CONDITION with FULL PACKING and DOCUMENTATION. If the goods are not in AS NEW condition or missing any packaging or damaged packaging, we reserve the right to refuse refund or a restocking fee of up to 25% will be charged depending on the condition of the returned goods. Delivery costs will not be refunded. To return the goods, please parcel them properly, including all originally provided manuals, accessories and packaging.
3.4 If the goods are found to be faulty after 14 days and within 3 months of purchase, the customer can send the faulty goods to our office, together with relevant invoice and Expansys can arrange for repair services. Post fault investigation and within the specified warranty period, Expansys repair service will be actioned at our discretion (please see Exclusions below) within5 working days, at no cost to the customer. If we cannot do this we will offer an A-stock replacement.
If we do not have suitable A-Stock to replace we will source an equal alternative upon agreement with the customer or offer credit for your next purchase.For repair services covered by the warranty, the cost of shipping the goods back to the customer will be borne by Expansys.
3.5 If the goods are found to be faulty after 3 months and within 12 months, the customer can send the faulty goods to our office, together with a relevant invoice. Expansys repair service will be actioned at our discretion (please see Exclusions below) within 10 working days. If Expansys cannot repair the item within this period we will supply the customer with a suitable B-Stock item. If we do not have suitable B-Stock to replace we will source an equal alternative upon agreement with the customer or offer credit for the next purchase For repair services covered by the warranty, the cost of shipping the goods back to the customer will be borne by Expansys.
3.6 Standard Warranty Coverage
Warranty covers the following:
A. Software malfunction
B. Manufacturer or hardware defects
C. More than three dead pixels
3.7 Standard Warranty Exclusions:
Warranty does not cover the following:
A. Broken screens or LCDs
B. Liquid damage
C. Damages caused by accidents or mishandling of the device
D. Damage caused by applications or firm wares which are not compatible with the device
E. Three or fewer dead pixels
3.13 B-Stock Warranty:
We will mark an item as B-Stock for any of the following reasons:
1. Open-Box:
The box may have been opened by our team for internal marketing purpose (for the purpose of: videos, photos, product research and, or general product checking). Or, the item may have been returned to us because a customer simply changed their mind, post purchase.
2. Refurbished:
A customer may have returned their item to us for a replacement (a minor percentage of B-Stock items have had a software reset, or have been refurbished).
Due to above, we are unable to sell these items as new, they are however still in good condition and are sold on a first-come, first served basis. So if you want one, please be fast as B-Stock items often sell very quickly.
Please note that normal distance selling regulations do not apply to 'not new' products akin to B-Stock items. If you purchase a B-Stock item, you may return it to us if it is not as described, or if it simply does not work within 14 days. You cannot however return it if you just don't like it, and we do not provide refund for B-Stock purchases, so please be sure that you want it before you place your order with us. We offer a 3-month limited warranty for B-Stock goods. If a B-Stock item turns out to be technically defective, repair services will be offered to buyers within the warranty period - item replacement provision is not included for B-Stock purchases of any kind."

Last edited:

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great to see u are trying something other than Sony :)

Yes, just trying out and I know the battery life for LG Urbane may not be as good as Smartwatch 3.

Sony is good in their battery life in their smartphones or smart wear as my current Smartband Talk can last around 5 days after recent firmware upgrade. =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.