Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeIsSuch

Master Member
Reaction score
We were leading 1-0 at 60th min during spurs match, Klopp only make the sub after 1-1

He is referring to this game lah. It's good that make klopp make sub in 60 min instead of 75 min like against spurs when things are not working.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Ya. Good thing old toilet lose their last match against wolves which make the last 2 palces for CL more exiting. All 4 teams have to play like it's the final for the remaining game to have a chance for CL.

Lets jus hope Chelsea under perform when playing against us

Great thing is these 2 teams are playing to ensure top 4 finish.

So City will have quite tough matches.

And Leicester could be a banana skin.

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We have best chance to win EPL this season

Pool- Chelsea
cardiff-pool
pool-hudderfield
newC -pool
Pool-wolf

ManC have to clear spurs and ManU away, will say pressure on them now. :)

Chelsea seems to have the ref side so it’s another hard match n wolves is the banana skin of all TOP 6 teams not easy too

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO among all our remaining matches, our biggest banana skin is the Wolves match. They have slain so many big clubs already this season. And it just HAVE to be our last match :s22:

Good thing it's at anfield

Lots of football before that game. Who knows what the standings will be then.

Another European night coming up.

Allez allez allez

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO among all our remaining matches, our biggest banana skin is the Wolves match. They have slain so many big clubs already this season. And it just HAVE to be our last match :s22:

Wolves will probably go thru to FA cup final (hopefully, they're playing Watford in the semis tomorrow).
FA cup final is 18/5, we play them at Anfield 12/5 - hopefully they have nothing to play for in the EPL and just want to concentrate on the final.

ronnlim

Reaction score
Wolves will probably go thru to FA cup final (hopefully, they're playing Watford in the semis tomorrow).
FA cup final is 18/5, we play them at Anfield 12/5 - hopefully they have nothing to play for in the EPL and just want to concentrate on the final.

good observation :) YNWA!

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Milner and Henderson started against Spurs but the boat was rocking after half-time.

And also because gini n taa were sai
Generally we were rocky because those 2 din play well enuf
Not that milner n hendo had no effect
The 2 subs reinforced the team
Klopp made no changes towards team play

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saying that football is a funny game, Milner and Hendo steadied the ship last night but for spurs match it didn't quite have the same effect. But honestly for parts of the first half I wished that Hendo was on the pitch. So I'm not slating him.

Like when Bertrand had all the time in the world to put in the cross for Long's goal - I'm sure that if Hendo was around he would've been on Bertrand's case.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
He is referring to this game lah. It's good that make klopp make sub in 60 min instead of 75 min like against spurs when things are not working.

He said “Sometime he should have done during the Spurs match.”

I’m saying during spurs match, at 60th min, we were leading 1-0

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just saying that football is a funny game, Milner and Hendo steadied the ship last night but for spurs match it didn't quite have the same effect. But honestly for parts of the first half I wished that Hendo was on the pitch. So I'm not slating him.

Because spurs switched to 4-3-3 from 5-4-1 after the second half and then they took control.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He said “Sometime he should have done during the Spurs match.”

I’m saying during spurs match, at 60th min, we were leading 1-0

Quite obvious we were overrun by spurs at that time. Klopp could have done more to shore up that midfield. 1-0 is a nothing lead. Yesterday's sub seemed more calculated and proved to be golden. Spurs sub was more reactive than anything

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok just had a look at the tables, Wolves are 16 points behind the fifth place for Europa qualification so its almost impossible. But winning the FA cup will qualify for europa group stage, and they're most likely playing Citeh in the finals (if they beat Watford sorry Elton).

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So which part of the Liverpool set-up couldn't handle the 4-3-3?

You want me to say hendo/milner right? But take away the Harry Kane freekick, we were still ok and holding but not controlling as much as in the first half, without that freekick we probably on hindsight can still hold on to 1-0 lead

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So which part of the Liverpool set-up couldn't handle the 4-3-3?

They turned more attacking and had players in front to pass and spread our team. We weren't really coping with how fast they got the ball to their forwards.

Vaguely it's like this I guessed.. Can't Remember much cos we won. :s13:

LifeIsSuch

Master Member
Reaction score

Like when Bertrand had all the time in the world to put in the cross for Long's goal - I'm sure that if Hendo was around he would've been on Bertrand's case.

One of the reason is bcos Milner is playing RB rather than in the middle with hendo. So it was a different setup as compared to the spurs game. The good thing about yesterday sub was the non performing players were sub out which is not always the case. So if the players coming in play to their ability, immediately there will be a positive impact.

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bros... you all talk until so far... OGAAT lah LOL

Next match is playing Porto and Chelsea, both at home

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Every game is different. Even if the same teams plays each other twice the outcome can be different because teams and players adapt and change. There's so many factors that affect the outcome of a game.

Anyway try to enjoy the matches this weekend. Hopefully we get a pleasant surprise later.

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think Klopp would make those early subs if we are leading the game :vijayadmin:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.