Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrw105

Reaction score
it shows that the strength is more important than luck.
don't think we are in pot 1 when we have won the last two big ears...

Another positive advantage for new season is we will be in pit 1 for UCL! When was the last time we are in pot 1?

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before the match was wondering which team will turn up but both teams didn't and the only difference was Alisson between the sticks. :(

Few days time Klopp and co should do a post mortem and find out why we suck at finals. Yes there were many finals where we sucked big time.

Another thing was what Wenger said after the match - something along the lines of - now that Liverpool is regularly in CL they should start improving especially in technical areas - would really like to ask what he meant (he may not have won much silverware but he certainly knows a thing or two). My biggest peeve would be the team not being able to play up from the back when under pressure; there were several players who were hoofing the ball in the 2nd half - can distinctly remember Robbo and Matip - and guess what it'll come right back in again.
I understand what venger meant. Liverpool by and large are not a technical team, instead relying on physicality and hard work to win space, possession and matches. With an additional tool called technicality, you can up the team statistics in number of passes, running over defenders etc. This is due to the unpredictability of a good technical player. So far, the technical players that impressed me are mane and Salah. The difficulty in the execution of their footwork usually leaves defenders confused and makes the individual less predictable. This is what makes Messi and ronaldo GOAT.
Obviously, we don't need a gk to be technically gifted. For our defenders, it's not a pressing need.
For our midfielders, the ability to be technical is a pressing need, pun intended. This is where Barca gets the most mentions of being a creative midfielder or what we lack since coutinho(spelt his name correctly here for the respect of his technical ability). Unfortunately, none of our midfielder players are technical in nature and it's what makes people say we do not have a creative midfield to unlock defenses individually.

Forward wise, look at the footwork of mane, he is the most technically gifted player I've seen in Liverpool. It may also be the reason why he got the golden boot without any penalties.

With that added gift of technicality, execution of passes, touches, deflections, techniques and finishing becomes easier and more accurate.

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

coolhead

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2aVq1ij.jpg
I love the introvert side of taa....

Sent from HMD Global TA-1004 using GAGT

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Firmino is a fan fav n klopp fav too if u say he choke big games might as well say salah did nothing except scoring the penalty ?see firmino just came bAck from injury n he cover the most grd during half time in Liverpool shirt

He is here to stay as long klopp is manager since he fits klopp style

Time for transfer wishes, just my opinion. Wats urs?

Out: Moreno Sturridge lallana lovren and yes Firmino (blast me if u want but all 3 finals he played in he did nothing at all. Seems to choke in big games. Sell him now for big fee.)

In: de light, werner, koulibaly, coutinho if cheap. And fernandes.

Pls renew matip milner and origi contracts they are unsung heroes

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its waves of Red tide at Jurong JEM, nice to see fellow supporters both genders and all races greet and smile at each other! YNWA

odyas

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coutinho back(no pun intended) or his equivalent might be the final piece of jigsaw we needed.

Ox needs to stay fit to give us that directness. But a technical or creative midfielder will makes the difference in those draw games.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Coutinho back(no pun intended) or his equivalent might be the final piece of jigsaw we needed.

Ox needs to stay fit to give us that directness. But a technical or creative midfielder will makes the difference in those draw games.

The players will be sleeping with the medals round their neck now.

I agreed that we seriously need a creative midfielder like Fekir to bolster our midfield.
That would make a big difference in supplying and providing assist for the front three.
LFC doctors are not good enough to cure the back pain of Cout.
It is better that he remain in BarKa or go some place else.

evilduxy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe there’s gonna be other better midfielders ard without such a big back problem but wish couthino well as his money help us bring in the duo Great Wall in def n vvd n Alisson n also fab in midfield

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
I rather win ugly than lose nicely anytime ... watched the game at home team club last night and slept at 6am , woke up not long ago.
Very tried but damn happy haha

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Like how we win against his Chelsea team by that ghost goal. Hahaha. End of the day people only remember your win hahaha..

It is a boring match and Spurs are the better team this morning but like Moaninho said, Finals are to be won not to be played. People will remember our journey to the Final but only remember the winner in the Final.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And we have fans saying klopp doesnt adapt. Not easy be manager la.

The team now is capable of winning both pretty and ugly. The maturity and heart shown really impressive.

Miroku90

Master Member
Reaction score
I rather win ugly than lose nicely anytime ... watched the game at home team club last night and slept at 6am , woke up not long ago.
Very tried but damn happy haha

yep like robbo said, last year we played much better but still on the losing side. Ppl only rmb the winners so I don't care. suks for the neutral but all is good as long we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.