Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

onioneggred

Reaction score
My guess is this: We need Mane and / or Salah on the pitch as wingers or strikers. Without both of them, Liverpool cannot peg our opponents back and has no tooth upfront. None of our reserve or backup players are as effective as the two Africans (yet). While Origi is quite dangerous at set pieces, he plays well in open play only if one or both of them are on the pitch. The Ox is still not fit enough to cause mayhem to top teams yet

While Firmino is a clever player, he also needs Mane or Salah to be effective.

Last edited:

DeadmanINC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pre season I don’t mind they lose all can improve their gameplay by the time season start

skrw105

Reaction score
We all knew what had happened to the following season, the last 2 times we had achieved runner up.

touch wood😂, i would like to believe that wont happen again as we are much better now than those years.

Eureka75

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Liverpool's pre season form is worrying, now with an embarrassing 0-3 loss to Napoli with players treat the friendlies as holiday instead of actual matches like Manure did in the ICC. Hope Klopp can get the players motivated for the Community Shield and Super cup, otherwise with this sloppy play Man City and Chelsea will win their respective matches.

Last edited:

deadguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not worry about the results but the mentality of the players, since I guess they won't kena tekan by Klopp since it's only a pre-season.

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I like how we lose all our friendlies. Lowers expectations. I dont think it will hurt morale.

We will switch on for actual games for sure.
A 3-0 spanking in any circumstances is a good wake up call too just before our first competitive game.

This also possibly shows how actual games'mental and physical preparation
Must be so intense that the players cant bring their A game into friendlies. Also the coaching team and Klopp must be testing stuff like playing players out of positions , different instructions etc. Nothing to be alarmed about.

If things stays status quo that means Klopp is counting on the young guns brewster, wilson and Kent and elliot to be the backup to the front3. I know I know why we are whining. The disparity in supposed quality between starter and bench. Remember what happened to trent? Robbo? Look what happened? I hope the young lads grab their chances like trent did. Also it doesn't make sense to spend 60-80m for a backup to the front 3.

I'm actually very excited about Ryan Kent. This kid can play and most importantly has flair. I'm really glad we are giving him a chance.

Not being overly optimistic. We have to be realistic there will be growing pains. I'm prepared for struggles if the starters are injured. But we are building for the future n if we dont do it now with all these great starters for them to play with and learn from I dunno when.

Stay calm. Have faith.

papa71

Reaction score
We all knew what had happened to the following season, the last 2 times we had achieved runner up.

touch wood😂, i would like to believe that wont happen again as we are much better now than those years.

This season at least Liverpool hold on all the stars players.
But no recruiting also a problem. I think we done poorer than Chelsea who had a transfer ban.
Ox just no have the match fittness and ryan Kent will be sold soon.
But hope the six players coming back will made a difference starting next week.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We still can finish top 4 in preseason?

Need hire uncle woy Liao I think.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ox was terrible
I remember Tim Sherwood who was a studio pundit in a match said exactly what I had thought all along - when the team doesn't play well he tends to disappear - some people would say 'duh?' but you just need to see his contribution on the pitch.
Same goes for Shaq he just doesn't turn up when chips are down - don't know if anyone noticed when Trent was about to walk away from that famous corner against barca presumably for shaq to take the kick - he was sauntering with head down towards the corner, in the end didn't even see the corner taken quickly - when we really needed something to happen soon or its penalties.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Ox was terrible
I remember Tim Sherwood who was a studio pundit in a match said exactly what I had thought all along - when the team doesn't play well he tends to disappear - some people would say 'duh?' but you just need to see his contribution on the pitch.
Same goes for Shaq he just doesn't turn up when chips are down - don't know if anyone noticed when Trent was about to walk away from that famous corner against barca presumably for shaq to take the kick - he was sauntering with head down towards the corner, in the end didn't even see the corner taken quickly - when we really needed something to happen soon or its penalties.
Liverpool is Doom

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ox was terrible

ox got us thru man city.

shaq assisted gini's 2nd goal.

liverpool is doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.