Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerineng

Reaction score
Ox was terrible
I remember Tim Sherwood who was a studio pundit in a match said exactly what I had thought all along - when the team doesn't play well he tends to disappear - some people would say 'duh?' but you just need to see his contribution on the pitch.
Same goes for Shaq he just doesn't turn up when chips are down - don't know if anyone noticed when Trent was about to walk away from that famous corner against barca presumably for shaq to take the kick - he was sauntering with head down towards the corner, in the end didn't even see the corner taken quickly - when we really needed something to happen soon or its penalties.

not onli shaq....mani players hv their heads down for tat corner...in fact all including barca xcept origi i tink...but tis is oso a gd lesson for those tat was nt paying attention...tis corner will go down the history books de....every player be it pool or opponent will now b xtra cautious whenever there is a corner....no complacency!

Ox was having a gd time pairing up wif salah wen he got injured...shaq doesnt have enuf time on pitch last season to make a real impression i feel. players are like engines u run them more they get smoother so cannot really put in verdict yet for ox.....naby though really needs to prove a point with his price tag. wif more competition tis season we shld be seeing much improved alternative team...give some faith....

Jerineng

Reaction score
Going by the mood here seems like we gonna get relegated next season.

yah reali super duper down lei....3 games in a row.....but i still tink give some faith lar....we have been laughed at by manure and man shitty for how many season liao...not winning EPL and CL is like norm to us....kena asskicked by lower div team or winning first half then endup draw or lose match is like common....not as if neber kena laugh at b4....but we still managed 2nd and CL last season....i reali dun tink tat we are leicester or blackburn type of team lor....can one..give some faith..

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Of the players that played the first half yesterday, only the back 4, Fabinho and maybe Henderson were the regulars.

Wijnaldum and AOC were playing in unfamiliar positions.

The game yesterday was definitely embarrassing but it’s not time to press the panic button yet. Napoli was hungrier but then again, you’d have to be when you’re playing the European Champions who knocked you out at group stage.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ox got us thru man city.

shaq assisted gini's 2nd goal.

liverpool is doomed.
Do you remember Shaq’s performance in the first half?
Like I said Ox plays great when the team is playing well *sigh* trying to make some intelligible comment in this forum is like trying to pang a big piece of sai after contispating for a week all you can say is Liverpool performed very well any comments otherwise is anathema
Ok we will win the league! Ynwa!

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is pre season forum mood....
Good wat
We are getting into the season well here
When it starts
This forum will not give up :s13:

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ox is really very far off his hyped form. Ya... Hyped form. This boy I wanted him here. But from the constant injuries and the getting back on track periods, he is really miles away from Wat the team expects of him in a game. And dun expect those he is our new signing BS. He is not becos during his absence in our run in, seriously, he wasn't missed. We'll jus have to wait for his return. He needs to prove his worth jus like any of the youngsters.

And the new boy elliot... My god.. 16?! Limpeh wanna check his IC. :vijayadmin:

5ex5en5e5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Harvey Elliott looks quite good, takes no.67. And I got quite a good laugh when I saw his hairstyle with no. 67; in Cantonese, "67" means KKJ... LOL

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The one who made the comment about Shaq was Shearer last year and he was right- as in he goes walkabout at times- first half against barca at Anfield he had many fans wanting him subbed at half time. Probably barca biggest mistake was playing the Kop end in first half because Shaq gave the ball away so many times and barca’s attack from these turnarounds cam to nought and I think the kop helped

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you remember Shaq’s performance in the first half?
Like I said Ox plays great when the team is playing well *sigh* trying to make some intelligible comment in this forum is like trying to pang a big piece of sai after contispating for a week all you can say is Liverpool performed very well any comments otherwise is anathema
Ok we will win the league! Ynwa!

u remember messi's performance? is he a shiit player?

shaq is here as a backup. not even as a messi or salah in our team. u wan be so demanding i think messi or c.ronaldo at most is alek duric level nia.

ox injured for 1 year, u expect him to come out flying. like u know what the squad were doing before the napoli game. it was not lack of match sharpness, but obvious fatigue.

can go buy manu win league title if u care so much about preseason form.

for me i will wait until 1-2 mths in before being so pessimistic. my choice.

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't need klopp to do that Henderson and Milly were making their feelings known. If not enough Virgil will add his few words. Basically the senior players won't accept players slashing off.

Focus in offer season under klopp has always been on physical fitness. It's a huge part of winning games. That's a major reason it's difficult to judge players. Don't think they've moved to the tactical training phase yet.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't need klopp to do that Henderson and Milly were making their feelings known. If not enough Virgil will add his few words. Basically the senior players won't accept players slashing off.

Focus in offer season under klopp has always been on physical fitness. It's a huge part of winning games. That's a major reason it's difficult to judge players. Don't think they've moved to the tactical training phase yet.

Really hope this lack of signing don't blow up in our face...
If we panic buy now (which is highly unlikely) then we will become Robert. I wanna trust FSG have something up their sleeves.

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess we have to be realistic a bit.

This coming season, we aiming to be champs again.
What it calls for?
To be winning a lot, a lot of games.
And I'm expecting myself and many fans to be carrying such expectations.

Winning means something went right and you get improvement and progress to other areas to improve. Losing meant something went wrong and have to fix it.

But there are times that a loss is beneficial when the trials fail and showed us that we should never try to attempt it again.

Time is never a luxury when the race starts and having problems you can't fix.

silent_espy

Banned
Reaction score
Really hope this lack of signing don't blow up in our face...
If we panic buy now (which is highly unlikely) then we will become Robert. I wanna trust FSG have something up their sleeves.

We might need to panic buy as we have 2 injury prone players who were supposed to be the "new" signings bringing something new and Shaq is still injured. Unless Klopp trusts Elliot to fill in if any of our front 3 gets injured or off form and him expecting Keita to come good this season.

IMHO I believe Klopp is thinking that the current core will continue to perform as they did while lallana and ox provide something new to the midfield while keita steps up a gear as he is in his 2nd season.

Last edited:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If keita can stop getting himself injured with the national team

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U wan get good players as bench warmers is easy. Sure. Pay them ridiculous wages. Then whole team wages all become unbalance. Not our money tho. I do that on FM. nothing to worry about.

Only complain I have is no left back cover. youngsters still not good enough. The rest I trust the backups. Call it blind loyalty if u want. We have enough. Best 11 aside, we have wilson, origi, shaq, hendo, milner, lallana, lovren/ Gomez/ matip/ hoever/ sepp, mig. Really not alot we can improve on realistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.