Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 28

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
lol.. Its actually 8 in total.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...en-klopp-liverpool-january-transfers-25977326

How many are first team player? 2. How many are first eleven player? 1, VVD which he did not want to sign in Jan but he was force to if you remember the whole transfer saga.

So what should we expect from Klopp or FSG this time? Nothing. So what if he sign anyone this season. It will not be a first eleven player and also will not help us with the chase.

I understand what you trying to said about the key players and i been saying that too when season start and 90% of the fans in the world know that but who did we sign this season to replace our first 11? 0.

So you want someone that can help us with the chase and close the gap to City? Who don't. I also want but Klopp will said signing a decent or first 11 player in Jan is too ex.

That y i said LFC will not sign anyone this transfer window. I do hope I'm proven wrong.
I made noise about transfer until sian.
Now, I am just smiling about one LFC fan YTB who keep drumming about signing this and that player.
In the end, none of his reports came true.
FSG is pretty consistent about being geow.
They did not disappoint me during every transfer window.
We are in financial good hands.
If there is a golden ball award for FFP, we should be winning it for past few seasons.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Jones is just another Harry Wilson, Brewster type of player, decent but not top class. Don’t believe in the hype of all these young players. A lot are overhyped and end up crap players
Jones should be loaned to another EPL team to show his stuff or another championship team to start every game.
He will not develop and grow much under the random and minimum appearance under Klopp.
If he is being kicked back from his loan, then there is nothing much to prove.

onioneggred

Reaction score
Jones should be loaned to another EPL team to show his stuff or another championship team to start every game.
He will not develop and grow much under the random and minimum appearance under Klopp.
If he is being kicked back from his loan, then there is nothing much to prove.
If you read Liverpool Echo, Jones had an eye injury which kept him out for many weeks. If not, he could have played more

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
If you read Liverpool Echo, Jones had an eye injury which kept him out for many weeks. If not, he could have played more
I am aware of his eye injuries during training lah.
My point is he will not be featured regularly if the rest of the squad members are fit.
His chance of featuring is very low since he is down the pecking order.
This is not good for his development and growth to cement him as a regular.
That is the style of Klopp.
Same for Taka and Tsimikas.
No one can go and perform superb immediately with miserable playing time.
This is one area that Klopp is not doing well.

onioneggred

Reaction score
My point is he will not be featured regularly if the rest of the squad members are fit.
There must be a reason why Klopp turns to Harvey Elliott at the start of the season. The one with greater potential or training performance plays first. If Jones plays ahead of the first eleven too often, fans would again complain about the team’s weaker performance. The season is a long one and bench players are necessary. Playing Jones in sporadic cup games and substitute performance is enough for him to prove himself

Still, having Curtis Jones as a bench player is not a bad idea. He’s clearly better than a few midfielders we have sent on loan in recent years. And he is a homegrown player. Fills in the quota easily for Champions League. Sending him on loan now would make other fans complain more about the lack of squad depth.
Personally, I rather have Curtis Jones around till the end of this season. Then the club could decide to keep or sell him

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
There must be a reason why Klopp turns to Harvey Elliott at the start of the season. The one with greater potential or training performance plays first. If Jones plays ahead of the first eleven too often, fans would again complain about the team’s weaker performance. The season is a long one and bench players are necessary. Playing Jones in sporadic cup games and substitute performance is enough for him to prove himself

Still, having Curtis Jones as a bench player is not a bad idea. He’s clearly better than a few midfielders we have sent on loan in recent years. Sending him on loan now would make other fans complain more about the lack of squad depth.
Personally, I rather have Curtis Jones around till the end of this season
I believe I already made my point clearly in my previous comments.
As highlighted by some of the guys here, Jones is not here or there.
Due to our stingy player transfer policy, Jones is stuck instead of going out and growing like what Harvey did.
I am thinking for the team and the player in the bigger picture for the longer term.
I am not operating on limited and shallow mindset under FSG.

Klopp have no choice but to turn to Harvey cos FSG played him out again by getting a quality replacement for Gini.

You should know very well WHY ARE WE IN THIS PATHETIC SITUATION with the players in the 1st place.
You already covered it in your above comments.

silent_espy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same reason why Klopp doesn't like buying for the sake of buying. He said before no use having a big squad if you can only field 11 players. If the players we buy cannot immediately step in and replace the players in the current squad, what's the point of buying them if they won't player at all.

Unless we get Mbappe or Haaland type of players who will definitely be upgrades on what we currently have and will definitely start, if not most players we gonna get will not just walk into the squad. All the players we linked to, how many of them will replace the current first team? Even Luis Diaz the most high profile player we linked to, probably won't be able to unseat Mane.

I believe FSG will clean house this summer. Maybe sell those fringe and old players. Whether we replace them with proven quality or si ginnas, nobody can tell. We probably gonna become another Arsenal.

Last edited:

onioneggred

Reaction score
I believe I already made my point clearly in my previous comments.
As highlighted by some of the guys here, Jones is not here or there.
Due to our stingy player transfer policy, Jones is stuck instead of going out and growing like what Harvey did.
I am thinking for the team and the player in the bigger picture for the longer term.
I am not operating on limited and shallow mindset under FSG.

Klopp have no choice but to turn to Harvey cos FSG played him out again by getting a quality replacement for Gini.

You should know very well WHY ARE WE IN THIS PATHETIC SITUATION with the players in the 1st place.
You already covered it in your above comments.
I have also made my point clear that the club is not full of money now. Turning to Harvey Elliott because FSG played him out?! That’s your opinion or your conspiracy theory. Unproven. Liverpool have given young talent the chance to play in the first eleven from the age of 17-19 for many years.

Being 2nd in the league and 6 points off Man City if we win the games in hand is NOT A PATHETIC SITUATION. The so called invincible Man City can drop points despite some pessimists here who claim they will never drop points. It’s too early to hand them the title.

For the record, I did not cover why we are in this “pathetic state” you claim. I don’t even think we are in a pathetic state. We are getting nearer to Man City on points and we had bad refereeing decisions that cost us points while Man City got away with some which helped them defeat Arsenal, etc. And we had Virgil Van Dijk on his way back from injury at the start of his season and he wasn’t on top form. Then we had that obscene tackle on Harvey Elliott that no one does on Man City players. We could have been on equal or similar points as Man City. It’s just bad luck we are only in 2nd place so far and not near enough to Man City on points.

it is mysterious why you claim I have covered the reason we are in this “pathetic” state. 🙃🙃🙃

Last edited:

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I have also made my point clear that the club is not full of money now. Turning to Harvey Elliott because FSG played him out?! That’s your opinion or your conspiracy theory. Unproven. Liverpool have given young talent the chance to play in the first eleven from the age of 17-19 for many years.

Being 2nd in the league and 6 points off Man City if we win the games in hand is NOT A PATHETIC SITUATION. The so called invincible Man City can drop points despite some pessimists here who claim they will never drop points. It’s too early to hand them the title.

For the record, I did not cover why we are in this “pathetic state” you claim. I don’t even think we are in a pathetic state. We are getting nearer to Man City on points and we had bad refereeing decisions that cost us points while Man City got away with some which helped them defeat Arsenal, etc. And we had Virgil Van Dijk on his way back from injury at the start of his season and he wasn’t on top form. Then we had that obscene tackle on Harvey Elliott that no one does on Man City players. We could have been on equal or similar points as Man City. It’s just bad luck we are only in 2nd place so far and not near enough to Man City on points.

it is mysterious why you claim I have covered the reason we are in this “pathetic” state. 🙃🙃🙃
Thank you for confirming my points again.
I dun like to repeat my points.
Go and re-read my previous comments much earlier.
(I know you are not reading it that is why you have to repeat your opinion again and again.)

Jones is not ready to be 1st team.
We have a issue of midfield quality from the bench.
Either they are injured most of the time, they are too old or they are too inexperienced.
That is something you are in denial.
We only have the bare 1st team and that is all.

The conditions that we have can only challenge for top 4.
We dun have the edge to clinch the title unless there is no injury crisis and there are some twist of bad luck in the other team.
(Do we have to blame it on bad luck for injuries all the time ? Mai lai lah. So where is the squad depth ?)

That is why I dun live in your FSG lala land.
(You can continue to believe FSG in not having any money to buy any players.)

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Same reason why Klopp doesn't like buying for the sake of buying. He said before no use having a big squad if you can only field 11 players. If the players we buy cannot immediately step in and replace the players in the current squad, what's the point of buying them if they won't player at all.

Unless we get Mbappe or Haaland type of players who will definitely be upgrades on what we currently have and will definitely start, if not most players we gonna get will not just walk into the squad. All the players we linked to, how many of them will replace the current first team? Even Luis Diaz the most high profile player we linked to, probably won't be able to unseat Mane.

I believe FSG will clean house this summer. Maybe sell those fringe and old players. Whether we replace them with proven quality or si ginnas, nobody can tell. We probably gonna become another Arsenal.
No offense.
Klopp is walking the previous dangerous path of Ah Seng in backing FSG from some of his comments.
We dun really have a quality bench to replace some of the 1st team players.
Some of the 1st team players are already showing signs of aging.
We already kicked ourselves when VVD is injured.
Now, we have a issue in midfield cos Harvey is injured.
Do we want to want to blame it on bad luck as a valid excuse or we have to face the music about the reason that I mentioned above ?

I am not demanding for a super team B on the bench.
At least get a quality decent midfielder and attacker so that we dun burn the 1st team players out or replace them when they have a dip of form.
(Sorry, I am dreaming again.)

I dunno what FSG will do in the summer.
FSG have no money to buy any players even if they clean house.
They should be confident that Klopp will be able to deliver the fried rice with whatever ingredients he is left with.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Pathetic was when Roy was manager. The football was really dreadful.
Roy just come out of retirement.
He is managing Watford now.
The LFC job was too huge for Roy and the FC was in a mess when he took over.
Very hard for the old man to do anything.

onioneggred

Reaction score
Thank you for confirming my points again.
I dun like to repeat my points.
Go and re-read my previous comments much earlier.
(I know you are not reading it that is why you have to repeat your opinion again and again.)

Jones is not ready to be 1st team.
We have a issue of midfield quality from the bench.
Either they are injured most of the time, they are too old or they are too inexperienced.
That is something you are in denial.
We only have the bare 1st team and that is all.

The conditions that we have can only challenge for top 4.
We dun have the edge to clinch the title unless there is no injury crisis and there are some twist of bad luck in the other team.
(Do we have to blame it on bad luck for injuries all the time ? Mai lai lah. So where is the squad depth ?)

That is why I dun live in your FSG lala land.
(You can continue to believe FSG in not having any money to buy any players.)
Your so called high standards for bench players is just impatience for young players to grow. There are differences between Arsene Wenger’s academy and Liverpool’s academy. If you cannot spot it, too bad. Spreading negativity is your game. You can continue to live in your conspiracy theories and believe in The Daily Mail and uncredible YouTubers for team news and transfer news. You are so smart and we could learn from you 🙃🙃🙃

silent_espy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No offense.
Klopp is walking the previous dangerous path of Ah Seng in backing FSG from some of his comments.
We dun really have a quality bench to replace some of the 1st team players.
Some of the 1st team players are already showing signs of aging.
We already kicked ourselves when VVD is injured.
Now, we have a issue in midfield cos Harvey is injured.
Do we want to want to blame it on bad luck as a valid excuse or we have to face the music about the reason that I mentioned above ?

I am not demanding for a super team B on the bench.
At least get a quality decent midfielder and attacker so that we dun burn the 1st team players out or replace them when they have a dip of form.
(Sorry, I am dreaming again.)

I dunno what FSG will do in the summer.
FSG have no money to buy any players even if they clean house.
They should be confident that Klopp will be able to deliver the fried rice with whatever ingredients he is left with.
Actually none of us know if it's really FSG or Klopp that doesn't want to buy players. If you guys remembered Klopp's Dortmund also had the problem of weak depth and a bench that is not up to standard. That's why they fell from grace in Klopp's last season.

Don't forget it was also Klopp who wanted to get rid of coutinho. FSG still wanted to keep him and build the team around him but Klopp didn't want to after he knew coutinho still wanted to leave after Klopp took the time to try to convince him. I am not defending FSG but this might just be the way how Klopp works. He prefers to work with a smaller squad with up and coming youngsters as backup instead of proven stars.

Ashton

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Roy just come out of retirement.
He is managing Watford now.
The LFC job was too huge for Roy and the FC was in a mess when he took over.
Very hard for the old man to do anything.
The Woy era were the darkest days of my Liverpool supporting life..

I kinda pity him now though, aiyo so old le.
Not sure why Watford think he will do a better job that Ranieri.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Actually none of us know if it's really FSG or Klopp that doesn't want to buy players. If you guys remembered Klopp's Dortmund also had the problem of weak depth and a bench that is not up to standard. That's why they fell from grace in Klopp's last season.

Don't forget it was also Klopp who wanted to get rid of coutinho. FSG still wanted to keep him and build the team around him but Klopp didn't want to after he knew coutinho still wanted to leave after Klopp took the time to try to convince him. I am not defending FSG but this might just be the way how Klopp works. He prefers to work with a smaller squad with up and coming youngsters as backup instead of proven stars.
No problem.
I am open to discussion except for FSG having no money to spend.
If Klopp want to run the gig this way, then we will have a tough time in winning the title with the present bench quality plus aging squad and the amount of luck that we have with freak injuries.
Just dun want to look back at this era with all the near misses we have with the title if we have some quality bench players as back up.
Maybe Klopp is too good for his own good that his boss can have some excuses about not buying any players.
Dun want Klopp to end his tenture through sacking cos we are not achieving the results.
It is not really fair to him.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
The Woy era were the darkest days of my Liverpool supporting life..

I kinda pity him now though, aiyo so old le.
Not sure why Watford think he will do a better job that Ranieri.
To be honest with you, Roy can still keep his reputation intact since he done a decent job with CP.
The Watford boss must be out of their mind to recall him for the job.
High chance that Roy will have a hard time to saving them from relegation and himself from being sacked.
I also dunno what to say....

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Your so called high standards for bench players is just impatience for young players to grow. There are differences between Arsene Wenger’s academy and Liverpool’s academy. If you cannot spot it, too bad. Spreading negativity is your game. You can continue to live in your conspiracy theories and believe in The Daily Mail and uncredible YouTubers for team news and transfer news. You are so smart and we could learn from you 🙃🙃🙃
Go and read my previous comments lah.
Maybe it is tough for you.
I am being realistic.
It is not so cheem as what you have constructed.

I never say that I am smart.
There is nothing for you to learn from me since you are the one writing the long essay about about conspiracy theories and what Daily Mail.
Dunno what you are talking about.
Continue to stay in your FSG wonderland.

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe FSG is the problem, maybe klopp is the problem...

Its really damn obvious we dunno.
We are not poor, we have funds. We have shortlists.
We have backup. We have injuries. We have misfits.
When we buy, we buy. That's it. Jus wait for news.
When we never, its not we poor or stingy, or USA more important or invest bitcoin 1st...
We never know why... no need tiagong or rumour this that....

Our squad has depth but not the best. It will not please everyone. FACT.
We buy whoever, may or may not work, depth quality is still better or worse.
Right now we can still go through the remaining campaigns.
We are collecting results as we go along.

City has bought so much just to get a UCL trophy, yet Still waiting for them. :unsure:
Manure bought so much just to win some matches. :s13:
We wish to buy so we can win the league??? I dunno. I think its too late to think like this. :cautious:
To win the league, lets jus keep on winning....
Impossible??? Maybe. But definitely its all we can do now isn't it? Tio bo?

this forum dun have positivity one. That is why its better for me.
I know that u can get some by reading some tom kins articles.... pfftt

silent_espy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe FSG is the problem, maybe klopp is the problem...

Its really damn obvious we dunno.
We are not poor, we have funds. We have shortlists.
We have backup. We have injuries. We have misfits.
When we buy, we buy. That's it. Jus wait for news.
When we never, its not we poor or stingy, or USA more important or invest bitcoin 1st...
We never know why... no need tiagong or rumour this that....

Our squad has depth but not the best. It will not please everyone. FACT.
We buy whoever, may or may not work, depth quality is still better or worse.
Right now we can still go through the remaining campaigns.
We are collecting results as we go along.

City has bought so much just to get a UCL trophy, yet Still waiting for them. :unsure:
Manure bought so much just to win some matches. :s13:
We wish to buy so we can win the league??? I dunno. I think its too late to think like this. :cautious:
To win the league, lets jus keep on winning....
Impossible??? Maybe. But definitely its all we can do now isn't it? Tio bo?

this forum dun have positivity one. That is why its better for me.
I know that u can get some by reading some tom kins articles.... pfftt
To Klopp its not a problem because he prides himself in discovering unknowns and developing them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.