Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 28

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would trade the carabao AND fa cup for the premier league. This is a great team but somehow it doesn’t really feel that great because it is not consistent enough. Winning 1 league title in 5 seasons is really a poor return considering the quality of the squad.
I think is due to man city oil money and raise the standard for winning epl. If u see epl title winning points now in the 90s points. Ferguson time even 80points can win them title.

GunzerX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the past 5 seasons , we are the only team that stop man city from getting title once. Two occasions we trail by one points. This is not an easy feat considering we r not an oil Rich club.

silent_espy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the past 5 seasons , we are the only team that stop man city from getting title once. Two occasions we trail by one points. This is not an easy feat considering we r not an oil Rich club.
EPL becoming a farmer's league like Ligue 1 and Bundesliga.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
EPL becoming a farmer's league like Ligue 1 and Bundesliga.
It would be great if the other teams try to put up a fight at least against city but the moment the ball is kicked can see them immediately bend over. Some of them actually can hold city to a draw if they tried

tok_kok

Reaction score
Think more credit should be given to city. The level that Ferguson had been blasted to bits by pep. Need an almost perfect season to win the league.

At the same time with epl money except for newly promoted teams have become tougher to beat. Even city can lose to lower teams.

Another variable is the refereeing and var in particular. One can argue the decisions for city is enough to get them the league title.

Except for last season due to massive injuries Liverpool hasn't been far away.

Don't get me wrong, it's disappointing but we're need perspective. Even psg and Bayern do get upsets when they're supposed to win big every domestic game.

One things is consistently true that the ball is round.
Yes, to win the league now, we need an almost perfect season. What’s disappointing is the amount of points dropped from winning positions this season. Especially the 2-0 leads surrendered to BHA and Chelsea. On the contrary, city didn’t drop any points whenever they take the lead, except the game against Liverpool.

It’s not going to get easier next season, with 5 subs and addition of haaland in man city. I hope we strengthen the squad this summer, and not wait until January like this season and the last.

Preacher1010

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WHAT HURTS THE MOST IS LOSING THE LEAGUE FOR A SECOND TIME ---- BY 1 POINT.

im gonna take a break from this forum and football.
as in life, the "good guys finish last".
frak!!

I dont give a frak abt UCL now.
i may stop watching the corrupt EPL from next season.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Last edited:

techead

Reaction score
Got over the disappointment after a day

Especially after watching all the klopp interviews

Man can this guy motivate

How I wish I had a mentor/manager like him

I would run through 2 brick walls!

Velton

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I Dun wish to sound pessimistic.. or not being ambitious.. but never in my life I thought before I Uplorry can see our team win the PL, mainly because of the oil money floating around. But I hope that we always challenge them till the last day and hopefully win a few more before I see Bill Shankly and say Hi to him.

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not if the "good" is bought with unlimited oil wealth.

Ppl confuse Liverpool which is well run biz vs unlimited oil wealth club
"If"

UnTil we get our oil well
Its never enuf for you or me.
Now jus make do lor.
Now Jin poor meh...
We are rich right? No?

I am happier that I was surprised with a Diaz signing. Or would you fap harder becos of a 100m Greasy signing.

But of course, I dunno how many signings or how much cash to splash then is enuf. Maybe mus ask closet arsenal fanboi.

techead

Reaction score
We don't like and have to live with it but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it cause it's the truth

Or isit manc decided to sleep for 50yrs then just suddenly wake up and says "ok time to start winning now cause we love our new owners so much"

Anyway will not discuss about manc anymore, it is what it is

Looking forward to this weekend

Last edited:

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We don't like and have to live with it but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it cause it's the truth

Or isit manc decided to sleep for 50yrs then just suddenly wake up and says "ok time to start winning now cause we love our new owners so much"
True there.
Man City oil surplus came since 2008. They were a force to reckon, especially so since pep came in. Before that, pellegrini only had 1.

I'm not sure if another manager could have won 4 like pep did; with all the unlimited funding or the so called FFP oversights?

Of course, another side of it is, could pep or any Other manager do with wat Klopp had done and is doing? The limited finance perspective only.

Its a challenge when we gotten record signings only after coutinho sale. City can buy record signings without such plannings. They give wages like donations for charity.

I do admit here I'm not one who care abt financial. How much we earn? Net spent? Transfer fee? Wage load? I actually dun care cos I dunno wat it translate for the owners and accountants. But yes I will admit having unlimited spending is a very good plus. So I guess we can only match if we had an oil reserve which we nearly did before FSG.

tok_kok

Reaction score
Not if the "good" is bought with unlimited oil wealth.

Ppl confuse Liverpool which is well run biz vs unlimited oil wealth club
To be fair, it’s not just the money that makes man city so dominant. Pep made it so. The oil money has been there since 2008, but neither Mancini nor pelligrini was so dominant. Pep came in and changed the way city plays. To keep the team so hungry and consistent, surely he deserves some credit. He has that ruthless mindset and he reminds me of a phrase by our bill shankly, “if you are first, you are first. If you are second, you are nothing.”

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
To be fair, it’s not just the money that makes man city so dominant. Pep made it so. The oil money has been there since 2008, but neither Mancini nor pelligrini was so dominant. Pep came in and changed the way city plays. To keep the team so hungry and consistent, surely he deserves some credit. He has that ruthless mindset and he reminds me of a phrase by our bill shankly, “if you are first, you are first. If you are second, you are nothing.”
I will said only half half.. When you can afford to pay $100m for a player and bench him that said so much about it. Mancini or Pelligrini don't go all out to buy a player and bench them but Pep does. Without the $$ he cannot do anything that is something very obvious

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will said only half half.. When you can afford to pay $100m for a player and bench him that said so much about it. Mancini or Pelligrini don't go all out to buy a player and bench them but Pep does. Without the $$ he cannot do anything that is something very obvious
Without oil money Pep will struggle to do what Klopp did....

singkeeduakee

Banned
Reaction score

So "hungry" they lost in FA cup, League Cup and UCL cup???? Amazing Pep

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Without oil money Pep will struggle to do what Klopp did....
Very likely but I'm still not convinced.. Jus like I am not sure if Klopp will manage city betta like pep did. Jus different I guess.

Anyway I am sure pep is supporting Liverpool for the ucl. He is catalan after all. We winning the ucl is the closest thing for pep winning it. Klopp shld get him a signed Jersey :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.