Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 28

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True there.
Man City oil surplus came since 2008. They were a force to reckon, especially so since pep came in. Before that, pellegrini only had 1.

I'm not sure if another manager could have won 4 like pep did; with all the unlimited funding or the so called FFP oversights?

Of course, another side of it is, could pep or any Other manager do with wat Klopp had done and is doing? The limited finance perspective only.

Its a challenge when we gotten record signings only after coutinho sale. City can buy record signings without such plannings. They give wages like donations for charity.

I do admit here I'm not one who care abt financial. How much we earn? Net spent? Transfer fee? Wage load? I actually dun care cos I dunno wat it translate for the owners and accountants. But yes I will admit having unlimited spending is a very good plus. So I guess we can only match if we had an oil reserve which we nearly did before FSG.

to be fair , pep wouldn’t have gone to man city if they aren’t oil rich and already have a foundation of winning league titles albeit only 2 from Mancini and Pellegrini. If u ask me, the first title they won is the hardest, Mancini has to take credit for spending well but even he won the league in injury time via aguero.

pellegrini good coach but not elite level yet still manage to win a league title with city more with us slipping in the last lap. We did beat them at Anfield to setup a finale of wining the title.

of pep’s title, we ran him close TWICE by 1point or rather 11mm and 1goal or an unawarded legit penalty kick the only two times they ran away with the league was their centurion season when our Klopp team is still in its formative years and last season when we were plagued by injuries.

money talk aside, if we talk consistency in results and output of the players by numbers, we are a very close fight with citeh.
No but I really need to make a valid point but sadly I have to bring up money. They can splash 100m on a vanity token English player who did almost ****all all season. And they splashed again on Haaland just so they can widen that gap between them and us as well as their pursuit of the UCL title.

not jelly of their money really but it is reality and in the real world money talks. It doesn’t matter how handsome smart charming eloquent u are, yes sure that levels the playing field slightly until ur opponents whip out more cash a diamond ring a car an apartment as gift. Try topping that :s13: just like the real world, it’s never a fair fight. We got to play smart and credit to the club we played really smart to stay competitive.

dunwan to talk about 90plus points would have won the league in other era. It’s pointless. Bar has been raised , whether we like it or not, by money and money brings in the top directors who brings in top coach and he attracts top players. We won’t be fishing on that prime side of the pond but we can unearth and groom the next big fishes ourselves and remain big and competitive enough for them to want to stay. I hope Carvalho will be that next big fish.

I don’t lie, I ****ing wanted us to win the quad for so many reasons. Im stil gutted by how we lost the league, yes we should have won the games we should have won but really knn villa cocktease until u excited then crumble into pieces in 5min. I dunno how to explain it. I won’t say kelong. Istanbul comeback was around 5min too to be fair citeh just woke up and suddenly Lady Luck decide to reward them for finally waking up.

the league is done and dusted. I remain confident we will challenge again next season and I’m sure the race will be just as tight but I really see us winning it next season not because it’s a pattern or what. U can see the players they are fired up by the disappointment. With all the talk about Real Madrid being the favourite and rightly so, UCL is their competition and momentum is with them for all their miraculous comeback against 3rich oil clubs. They are still a force, Modric Kroos Benzema are old but still deadly. Vinicius and Rodrygo are coming of age. And Ancelotti knows how to beat Klopp and Liverpool. BUT Despite all this I think we might just wake up and decide to spank Real in the final, with or without Thiago. Collectively looking at how both teams play, I see us running rings around them, the only thing is whether we are clinical enough on the day to finish off the chances. Mo looks up for it I hope he walks the talk and find his form , last game of the season, big final, never a better time and place to do it if he wants his ballon d’or.

PES1989

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its sunday la
I am working night shift warehouse job only because I have exemption from vaccination as I recovered from Covid in March period (have degree, prior working exp but was asked by HR to leave my previous office role due to no jab no job) so effectively end work on Sunday morning if I didn't change my rest day (1 rest day per week).

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am working night shift warehouse job only because I have exemption from vaccination as I recovered from Covid in March period (have degree, prior working exp but was asked by HR to leave my previous office role due to no jab no job) so effectively end work on Sunday morning if I didn't change my rest day (1 rest day per week).
Wah bro. Enjoy the match fully. You deserve it. If you are beside me I'll pass you a cold beer. Cheers

silent_espy

Banned
Reaction score
Not if the "good" is bought with unlimited oil wealth.

Ppl confuse Liverpool which is well run biz vs unlimited oil wealth club
Yup. That's what i meant. Like Bayern and PSG buying all the best players from their rival clubs making other clubs weaker in the process. In EPL, we gonna have 3 such clubs, Sh!tty, Chelski and Toon army.

begintoend

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. That's what i meant. Like Bayern and PSG buying all the best players from their rival clubs making other clubs weaker in the process. In EPL, we gonna have 3 such clubs, Sh!tty, Chelski and Toon army.
As much as I understand this point
But
Its jus like how Southampton, Fulham n other bottom 10 would have seen us as the rich poaching the poor. We are in the same bracket when seen by these other clubs. We can jus claim we are the lesser since we have no limitless money. Its jus part of the game now.

skrw105

Reaction score
no more chelski.
now is chelskee, under consortium of yankees.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No Thiago in today's training ... think he can't make it
so it's probably Fab, Hendo and Keita in midfield
wish Gini were here ... dunno if he even made the cl squad for psg

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spurs and United will spend big also.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many clubs will start to spend big

imo our club needs to spend right and not just spend big

i don’t mind our club spend 150-200mil on a player who will be able to greatly elevate our team to the next level, this can be defender/midfield/striker.. just like alisson, VVD, fabinho

besides that… who are the players our club should get rid or loan out???
Naby? Ox? Curtis? Karius?

and congrats to Mourinho guiding Roma to UECL cup. Mourinho has shown that he can repeat what he achieved with Porto and Inter

Last edited:

Delardino

Reaction score
Karius is free transfer lol, Ox should be confirm leaving, Keita and Jones probably still around.

Salah confirm he is staying for next season right? Mane say he will announce after the final, looks like he might replace Lewi at Bayern.

Wah, Reds very heavily favorite to win in 90 mins? Odds dropping like crazy.

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Karius is free transfer lol, Ox should be confirm leaving, Keita and Jones probably still around.

Salah confirm he is staying for next season right? Mane say he will announce after the final, looks like he might replace Lewi at Bayern.

Wah, Reds very heavily favorite to win in 90 mins? Odds dropping like crazy.
if salah dun sign new contract he will leave as free agent next june, no need transfer fees.

hardtounderstand

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile news of Fabinho, Gomez, VvD all back in full training. Tiago will ain't and see if any reaction to his injury. We could have full squad.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.