Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

gracehsu

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow.. total respect for the members here helping wif fellow members👍🏻👍🏻
Managed to read the last few pages for now.
I like the suggestion of letting Neighbours know first - lead me thinking that there shd be more initiatives to form neighborhood watch group (not juz for loan sharks) .. cos I’m sure there are many out there who doesn’t know of this forum

gracehsu

Master Member
Reaction score
The motto “do NOT pay or it will be never-ending” - wah I din noe this is the right way to handle the LS… good counter strategy 👍🏻

hope there are more public awareness of this strategy … got or not ah? (Crimewatch got mentioned before?)

I believe there are many many victims out there right now at wits ends not knowing wat to do , feeling helpless and fearful 😢😢😢and some of them borrowed the money out of genuine needs (ie. not gambling etc)

for those fall under scams - are these mostly loan scams? ( but still borrowing money, correct?) . Too many pages to browse through for now. But I curious how these scams work… Can share a link of how scams work (English language can ? Cos my Chinese cmi). TIA

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
The motto “do NOT pay or it will be never-ending” - wah I din noe this is the right way to handle the LS… good counter strategy 👍🏻

hope there are more public awareness of this strategy … got or not ah? (Crimewatch got mentioned before?)

I believe there are many many victims out there right now at wits ends not knowing wat to do , feeling helpless and fearful 😢😢😢and some of them borrowed the money out of genuine needs (ie. not gambling etc)

for those fall under scams - are these mostly loan scams? ( but still borrowing money, correct?) . Too many pages to browse through for now. But I curious how these scams work… Can share a link of how scams work (English language can ? Cos my Chinese cmi). TIA

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
Everything u will need to know about all kinds scams taking place. Covers from info to real life stories.

green72

Reaction score
Hi all, a returning loanshark/scam survivor here.

Repeating what has been said, most effective way to gradually getting rid of the harassment is 1st is to report.

Follow through actions are to continously ignore/don't read/block any unknown calls or messages. Suspend or remove yourself from social media. When they cannot contact you at all, 50% of the battle is won. Change number if you can to end the contacts.

Continue to report to your investigating officer for any actions they do to harass you like send runners to harass. Don't worry, those runners will be caught swiftly. This represents another further 10% of battle won.

Lastly, the last 40% is all in your mind. If you manage to realise that they cause so much fear and mental suffering to you and your family with those harassment and convert those fears to anger instead, then you are on your way to recovery.

Why am I so confident that you will overcome this, is because almost all of these "loanshark" are scammers and they will eat on your fear and continue until you stand up and take action as mentioned above.

Good luck.

Calmict

Reaction score
I got harassed through my mother’s FB. A family photo was retrieved and sent to all the people in the contact list through messenger. I thought things had quiet down after ignoring them for weeks. This is mentally stressing.

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
I got harassed through my mother’s FB. A family photo was retrieved and sent to all the people in the contact list through messenger. I thought things had quiet down after ignoring them for weeks. This is mentally stressing.

Private all your social media, including your immediate family’s if you must for awhile and inform them about what happen. If anyone asks on messenger, let them know you got scammed.

Their whole idea is to break you down mentally and make you pay. Stay strong and just ignore all their actions. The initial period is the worst. It is super frustrating when people do this. Once you get through that you will be better for it.

Calmict

Reaction score
That’s day 1 when we told relatives to private their account but some stubborn people just refused to listen and allow it to spread further to their relatives and friends. It’s frustrating when they call to complained and blame us. I feel so bad.

Painkiller777

Reaction score
That’s day 1 when we told relatives to private their account but some stubborn people just refused to listen and allow it to spread further to their relatives and friends. It’s frustrating when they call to complained and blame us. I feel so bad.
I know how frustrating it is. But thats what the scammers wants. They want to frustrate you and break you down untill you contact them. Just bear with this for awhile. Once they get no response from you. They will stop soon. The only way to fight a shadow is to be a shadow.

ForBetterDays

Reaction score

Continue to ignore. Turn all that frustration into anger and make it harder for them to get to you. Like painkiller777 says, be a shadow.

Calmict

Reaction score
What’s next? Will they post my family pictures on social network? They circled my brother in the picture say he is a prevent in the estate and claim to mail the pictures to the whole neighbourhood.

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
Advise them to close all their social media accounts for awhile. And if they carry out their threats, report to the police and let SPF handle it. What they are going to do next is unpredictable. Be brave and tell them to carry on.

All we can do is prepare ourselves for the harassment and make sure we don’t let it get to us and end up feeding them even more. They will never stop until they confirm cannot get anything from you.

Calmict

Reaction score
Today my friends received calls asking where am i?? I have no idea where they got all these contacts from? Is my whatsapp being hacked?

Painkiller777

Reaction score
Today my friends received calls asking where am i?? I have no idea where they got all these contacts from? Is my whatsapp being hacked?
Its normal. All the social medias accounts are somehow linked. If anyone of your NOKs didnt deactivate their social media accounts, they have their way to link it to you. And some people linked their mobile numbers to their fbs and other social media, thats how they get all the numbers. Just inform those friends who are affected that you got scammed and police report has been made. Tell them to just ignore the calls.

Joewang44

Reaction score
Hi guys just wanted to share my experience as a victim of loansharks. I'm not really the victim because i approached them on my own accord to fuel my gambling addiction. Started with 1 loanshark and eventually i owed a few. Borrowing from A to return B to return C to return D ect... This went on for a few years. I was borrowing more than XXX my salary, having to return weekly/monthly payments. Eventually I had no more money to return them. I owed them more than 100K.

First step I did was approach NCPG to ban myself and ask for assistance to tackle my addiction. NCPG assigned a telephone counselor to me and gave me a few numbers, community services to approach. The NCPG counselor was helpful but really lacked experience. Felt like a young chap in suit and tie, fresh out of univeristy reading off a checklist. After a few sessions with them, i stopped. However, 1 of the community services i reached out to really helped me a lot mentally. First meeting with them, they told me to stop all payments to loansharks. First few months will be tough.. but eventually you'll see light at the end of the tunnel they told me. So that was the day i decided to just cut all contact. I blocked them all.

- After few days, random whatsapp messages started to text me threatening me/family. They took picture of my block, door, letterbox ect. Saying if i don't contact them they will hurt us. Then they started texting my family too (i provided their numbers when i first took the loan).

- Few days later. Another number whatsapp photos of flyers they had printed of my photo. Threatening they will drop around the estate.

- Few days later they released a video on social medias of me + photos they had found on social media accounts. They sent to all contacts they could find. Colleagues, friends, everyone. Even got their personal details. Think last time there was a data leak so the info has been circulating around. Most probably from telco my guess.

- Then came grab food. Sent to the house. I told the delivry people i had been scammed. Most just left after i explained. 1 I had to call the police and he eventually left.

- Few days later, sent scam victims to my house to collect $$ from me. Happened twice in 2 days. Both times I called the police who came to speak to the scam victims.

- Then they dropped flyers in all letter boxes for few blocks.

- Decided to install CCTV with police report + town council approval.

- Then came the epic moment where they padlock+ splashed paint on my door and painted the main corridor wall. Eventually got a bangla to help to clean $100 and town council came to clean the common corridor. IO updated they they had caught 2 out of 3 that came to splash.

My advise it won't be easy. At first i was scared malu... but eventually fcuk the malu. I brought it upon myself and not only i had to face this problem but also all the innocent people around me.
- First step is to seek professional help espeically if you have an addiction. Because you will never cure your root problem if you don't.
- Second is prepare to lose all face (this is a must). Speak to all your loved ones, neighbours, company ect. Must let them know in advance. You can tell them you are a scam victim or something.
- Third is STOP ALL PAYMENTS AND DON'T COMMUNICATE WITH THEM.
- Fourth is lodge police report - police will petrol your area more often. Police will eventually catch the runners but always have to wait for action before they can follow up. So don't blame them for not helping. They can't stand guard at your door 24/7.
- Fifth install CCTV outside. Sim Lim can buy less than $100. Get bangla help you drill.
- Sixth tahan the harrasement. It will come in waves. It will be shitty. But eventually it will die down as long as you don't communicate.
- Seven is don't worry about them physcially harming you or your family. They will make threats but in singapore very very very rare that they will touch a single hair. Unlike malaysia where it is the wild wild west.. in singapore most of the dirty work is carried out by runners who are debtors themselves trying to clear their own loans. They don't dare to physcially touch you.
Eight - Laylow for few months. Close all your social media. Change your HP number (best sign new line under someone else name). Be careful when traveling to Malaysia - JB. Because 99% of the loansharks are based in Malaysia. I'd avoid all travel to Malaysia. Don't show presense there.
- Nine. TAHAN. Eventually they will move on. Yes few months later might harress again.. but eventually it will stop. They will always have new targets to focus on.
-Ten. Dont fall back into the same trap!

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just wanted to share my experience as a victim of loansharks. I'm not really the victim because i approached them on my own accord to fuel my gambling addiction. Started with 1 loanshark and eventually i owed a few. Borrowing from A to return B to return C to return D ect... This went on for a few years. I was borrowing more than XXX my salary, having to return weekly/monthly payments. Eventually I had no more money to return them. I owed them more than 100K.

First step I did was approach NCPG to ban myself and ask for assistance to tackle my addiction. NCPG assigned a telephone counselor to me and gave me a few numbers, community services to approach. The NCPG counselor was helpful but really lacked experience. Felt like a young chap in suit and tie, fresh out of univeristy reading off a checklist. After a few sessions with them, i stopped. However, 1 of the community services i reached out to really helped me a lot mentally. First meeting with them, they told me to stop all payments to loansharks. First few months will be tough.. but eventually you'll see light at the end of the tunnel they told me. So that was the day i decided to just cut all contact. I blocked them all.

- After few days, random whatsapp messages started to text me threatening me/family. They took picture of my block, door, letterbox ect. Saying if i don't contact them they will hurt us. Then they started texting my family too (i provided their numbers when i first took the loan).

- Few days later. Another number whatsapp photos of flyers they had printed of my photo. Threatening they will drop around the estate.

- Few days later they released a video on social medias of me + photos they had found on social media accounts. They sent to all contacts they could find. Colleagues, friends, everyone. Even got their personal details. Think last time there was a data leak so the info has been circulating around. Most probably from telco my guess.

- Then came grab food. Sent to the house. I told the delivry people i had been scammed. Most just left after i explained. 1 I had to call the police and he eventually left.

- Few days later, sent scam victims to my house to collect $$ from me. Happened twice in 2 days. Both times I called the police who came to speak to the scam victims.

- Then came the epic moment where they padlock+ splashed paint on my door and painted the main corridor wall. Eventually got a bangla to help to clean $100 and town council came to clean the common corridor. IO updated they they had caught 2 out of 3 that came to splash.

My advise it won't be easy. At first i was scared malu... but eventually fcuk the malu. I brought it upon myself and not only i had to face this problem but also all the innocent people around me.
- First step is to seek professional help espeically if you have an addiction. Because you will never cure your root problem if you don't.
- Second is prepare to lose all face (this is a must). Speak to all your loved ones, neighbours, company ect. Must let them know in advance. You can tell them you are a scam victim or something.
- Fourth is lodge police report - police will petrol your area more often. Police will eventually catch the runners but always have to wait for action before they can follow up. So don't blame them for not helping. They can't stand guard at your door 24/7.
- Fifth install CCTV outside. Sim Lim can buy less than $100. Get bangla help you drill.
- Sixth tahan the harrasement. It will come in waves. It will be shitty. But eventually it will die down as long as you don't communicate.
- Seven is don't worry about them physcially harming you or your family. They will make threats but in singapore very very very rare that they will touch a single hair. Unlike malaysia where it is the wild wild west.. in singapore most of the dirty work is carried out by runners who are debtors themselves trying to clear their own loans. They don't dare to physcially touch you.
Eight - Laylow for few months. Close all your social media. Change your HP number (best sign new line under someone else name). Be careful when traveling to Malaysia - JB. Because 99% of the loansharks are based in Malaysia. I'd avoid all travel to Malaysia. Don't show presense there.
- Nine. TAHAN. Eventually they will move on. Yes few months later might harress again.. but eventually it will stop. They will always have new targets to focus on.
Very good post

Hulkeyee2020

Reaction score

I can relate on this one..
True at first you worry so much, you will be scared but after the splashed it change to anger and determination to fight back.
Surprisingly a lot of people will support you if they know you are a victim of scam..

Huilan3105

Reaction score
They give me a lot of account number to bank in. Shall I report to I withness?
Just report to the police n tell them what happen then start to block them n dun even pay them.

if u transfer the money, the police will ask the back to freeze ur account and you will be investigate and then u will need someone to bill u out then every two weeks u will need to report to a division police station.

Boy8888

Reaction score
Just report to the police n tell them what happen then start to block them n dun even pay them.

if u transfer the money, the police will ask the back to freeze ur account and you will be investigate and then u will need someone to bill u out then every two weeks u will need to report to a division police station.
Noted thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.