Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Lyneff

Reaction score
Hi, once you made police report and installed cctv, just continue to ghost them. They will come up with all kinds of threats. But this is singapore. The SPF is the biggest gang here. Do not give in to their threats. I would advise you and your husband to change your mobile numbers. Remember not to link your new number to your old whatsapp. Anytime you feel unsafe and there are suspicious people lurking around your house just call 999. We know that kind of fear that you feel, but think about it, if they really want to do something to you and your family, they would have done it alrdy without even telling you. The fact that they threatened you via texts msg is because they want to instill fear in you, so you will contact them, and let them further threaten you into paying endlessly. Thats why the police advise is always to break immediate contact with them.

Btw, you would want to inform your workplace if you had given them your payslip and it contains workplace information. It is likely they will contact your workplace. And also pls deactivate you and your husband's social media accounts. They will use your social media account to harass your friends.
Currently we r self employed ...my husband FB does not have link to mine ...my FB / ista had already deactivated

Painkiller777

Reaction score
Sian half, i didn't borrow any money, i block them on whatapps, now they blackmail me,say they will burn my house,send my up, police report and CCTV up .now what the next thing i need to do? Please advise thanks
Continue ghosting them. Nothing you can do now. I know its scary. But you got to carry on with your life. I really would advise u to change your mobile number. If you dont see or read their texts. Their threats cant get across to you. Since you alrdy got cctv, you should have a better peace of mind. If anything suspicious happens outside your door. Just call the police and let them handle it.

Painkiller777

Reaction score
Currently we r self employed ...my husband FB does not have link to mine ...my FB / ista had already deactivated
Ok thats 1 problem lesser. Now just got to ride it out and be vigilant. Quick question btw, all your LS are whatsapp LS?

Joewang44

Reaction score
hang in there. like others shared, be a total ghost and eventually they will leave you alone. I suggest search social media for any photos that were tagged to you and request people who uploaded to untag. Best to ask your husband to deactivate his account for now. They can easily link his up. New HP lines if you sign up, try to sign up under a relative or friend's name.

100% they will never harm you physcially. The ground work is carried out by debtors who are trying to clear debts with them. Those runners are police fearing people. They will never show their faces.

Harrasment will come in waves. Threats will be a constant wave. Flyers, graffiti, paint, social media shaming ect, all different waves. But usually once you 'survive' one wave, it should'nt repeat itself more than 2-3 times.

Lyneff

Reaction score
Hihi
Everyday sure there is someone will walk around my area ..some are aunties walking around with bags of "marketing" & looking at my cameras some are Indian fellows pretending delivering newspapers shd I report each of them ..or just keep their footage. ..now it's been almost 3 weeks already since last payment to all LS

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
For a peace of mind u can report. But usually the police won’t do anything until there’s action. This period is nerve wrecking. Be strong. Keep monitoring ur cctv. If anything happens, use the footage.

having cctv is a good deterrent. But some crazy people might still carry out the harassment. When that happens use footage to put that person in jail. Other than that, get your life back. For yourself and ur family.

ForBetterDays

Reaction score
If u have video footage of the same people. Send it to police. They will likely increase patrol at your place. Which will be good for you too.

green72

Reaction score
Lyneff, I was a victim like you. Now my mission is to make them poor by advising others like you.

Their threats are very empty. They might send runners and make life is miserable that ending it sounds like a good thing.

It does not matter if borrow $1 or $1 million, as long as they cross the line by harassing then all bets are off. DON'T PAY.

But the best action for you is to ghost and report. Repeat and repeat. Once they exhausted they will move on.

gracehsu

Master Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience.

I am a foreign worker (EP holder) and I had this issue way back 2019 and Clinically diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety in 2018.

I had some financial issues last 2019, I had to find some other ways, my salary is not enough to cover my expenses. TBH, my declared salary that time was not the right one, it was for my pass purpose that's why they have to declare higher than my real salary. I was only taking at least 45% of the entire pay. (I am still grateful). I tried to work part time as sales but still not enough to cover it. (someone from my family has been sent to hospital- in case someone will ask why I needed too much cash)

I have my saving still not enough to cover, so I went to some cash lenders but they cannot offer me much. So I went to search some lenders in google -- THIS WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER DID -- I WhatsApp that person and he then called me.

I thought he was genuine, I was so naïve, I really didn't know that they are illegal. 1st the amount came too easy, small amount I was asked to return 150% the following week just a trial.

The 1st transaction was so smooth that I really though it will be fine.. So I asked for a higher amount, but still not enough so I ask some lenders online again. - WRONG MOVE!

So I was in this ball of loan sharks that I have to borrow from B to pay A, borrow C to pay B and so on. I was just borrowing just to pay. Some lenders are kind a OK at first and if you don't pay ON TIME, that started my nightmare. FYI: Your number is passed over to different LS, that's why you will be receiving tons of messages asking if you want to take loans.

I was alone, no one knows what's happening, luckily, the info I gave them was my other details but unfortunately they have my IC and company details..

The Harassment starts when I was delayed in paying the amount (the payment is weekly) how can I come up with that money if they only gave me a week. I was like paying a lot of LS everyday. (believe me I got at least 30 of them - started in small amount)

1. They called our main office line - every F* day.
2. If they cannot reach you, they will call the other office branches.
3. They sent letters in my office, pass letter from our office doors. Visit physically too.
4. Send me scary videos.
5. They ask me to always look behind my back, that someone has been following me and will kill me anytime.
6. They send letters in my house (luckily I am staying in a private condo) so they can only send me letters.
6. Lastly, they called my boss - this was the hardest part.

My boss then found out about this, no matter how kind you are and no matter how much heart you given to your job, it will not be enough for some people, I was asked to leave the company due to this reason.
I stayed with them for 11 years.

The harassment has continue for 5 to 6 months...
So I was 63kg when it started and went to 50kg just because of this. I didn't eat, not sleep, not productive at work. I was lost. I was in hell. I don't have money, not one knows what's happening, I was alone, I was always crying, I was about to lose my job. So I decided to do something, I committed suicide. YES, but I was lucky that someone had found me, rushed to hospital and was ok then after.

BUT WAIT, this *******s doesn't have heart. They still harass me.

To cut the story, 2020 I was terminated (all happened before pandemic hits) But I think God knows what I was about to do again, I am decided to jump off the roof top. I am eager, that is just after 2 weeks after my suicide attempt. My company cancelled my pass and I was bout to lose a home too (not paying already). I have no money and (while typing I am crying) no place to stay and the worst part is, I lost my phone - SO I THOUGHT IT WAS THE WORSE PART, BUT NO IT WAS THE BEST THING HAPPENED TO ME.

When you don't have the phone, you don't have the any contacts, so I was like a GHOST to all LS. I was gone, poof! Like I just died.

I was scared for almost 3 months after that happened, cause I really don't know what is happening, all I know they still call my previous company and looking for me but I was no longer working there.

2020 - I was jobless for 9 months and struggle my way up. Border was closed so I was allowed to stay for few months, I worked at home cause I need to survive, I have a family that needs me. I worked hard and I was lucky, I found a job that I love and saw the potential in me (the pay is correct too, this company know my worth) - I became a Nurse and now I am going to UK to pursue my career. -Thanks to my employer.

What's the lesson?
1. Loan from LEGAL money lenders.
2. Always think 3x before making decisions.
3. Talk to someone. - very very needed!
4. Pray - I am a Catholic, so I prayed so hard and promise to help people who made the same mistakes I did.
5. There is always a RAINBOW after the Rain.

Sorry for my long post. Hope that if you read this (I know you have some issues that's why you are in this forum) it will give you some glimpse of hope. :)

Always Stay Safe.

Thank you so much for sharing.
It truly gives a glimpse of hope for those in despair.

I understand the fear and stress as I was helping someone very dear to me to cope too.

If I have stumbled upon this thread earlier, I would hv handled the situation differently.

Now I know their tactics are mostly mental blackmail.. real scums

cucurella33

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am not sure whether this helps. But I have started to hunt down the FB ads targeting people in Singapore to take loans. Reported the ads to Facebook. Just type "I need a loan" in the FB search bar and the sponsored FB ads will appear. Please report the ad as scam.

And if any FB staff in Singapore is reading this. First of all, your company is pathetic, making money out of ads by scammers. If you have a conscience, please report to your management. I believe a lot of the victims fell for the scam on Facebook.

And of course, Singapore government please do something! You can prevent Facebook from becoming the scammers' most useful scamming tool!

Sammy junior

Reaction score
Continue ghosting them. Nothing you can do now. I know its scary. But you got to carry on with your life. I really would advise u to change your mobile number. If you dont see or read their texts. Their threats cant get across to you. Since you alrdy got cctv, you should have a better peace of mind. If anything suspicious happens outside your door. Just call the police and let them handle it.
How long will they wait before the start to harass

Sammy junior

Reaction score
I am not sure how to post here if any one can advise pls do so recently they posted on my Facebook my question is how to remove this should I deactivate my face book account inform the police and what else can I do pls advise very stressed

Joewang44

Reaction score
I am not sure how to post here if any one can advise pls do so recently they posted on my Facebook my question is how to remove this should I deactivate my face book account inform the police and what else can I do pls advise very stressed

I suggest report the post first to facebook via the reporting function. Chances are the post will never be taken down unfortunately.. guess FB gets too many reports and think need minimum of reports to be flagged to a human.

Having said that, after reporting immediately deactivate account. High chances they will search for photos that you were tagged in. And from there, they will spam to everyone who tagged you. Have a back up story for friends that approach you. Can tell them you took a loan thinking it was a legit moneylender then they scammed you or something. And you refused to pay so they resorted to this ect.

You need to tahan this period. Eventually it will pass. Days will turn to weeks and then months.. and eventually people will forget.

Social media harassment is usually the first step. Be ready for more. But remember don't respond to them. The minute you respond, the worse the attacks will get. Just bunker in the next few weeks. Good luck.

And yes do report to the police. They will increase patrol presence in your block. They won't be able to do much until they strike your home (hopefully won't come to that). Once they strike, high chances they will catch the runners. Cycle will continue until eventually the LS will have other targets to pursue and they'll leave you alone. That's why important not to respond to harresment. Also there are a few support groups out there that you can reach out for emotional support and advise.

Last edited:

cucurella33

Reaction score
This whole loan scam is on its last legs. If you read the news on Asiaone, they just asking people to transfer money to them for no reason. Just send house on fire photos and hope people pay. Their stupid runners go to the house and run away after people take their photo.

The voice of the scammers have been recorded and will be used against them in court once they are arrested. Even in Malaysia, it is not difficult to trace their location from cell tower triangulation. Only the stupid scammers will stay behind to be arrested.

Just ignore all communications from them. For the runners, also just ignore them. They won’t be so stupid to come to Singapore now when the police are hot now. Once they pass customs, they will be arrested on the spot

cucurella33

Reaction score

i choose to believe assault case is an isolated incident.
Hahaha, beating someone up in broad daylight in Singapore. Which runner will have the balls to do this? confirm within 2 hours arrested.

Anyway, if all the debtors just ignore these ball-less Malaysian scammers, they also lan lan cos they have no balls to step into Singapore.

The noose is tightening. When Singapore parliament starts to discuss about loan shark activities, you can be sure the police will make more arrests soon to show they are taking action. If they still want to die die deposit money into your bank account, just take and change your phone number lor hahahaha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.