Hi, I desperate needed money to pay off my bank loans and so I replied a money lender msg. Aft which I gave him all of e particulars e.g ic,office number, acc no n NOK numbers. In a few mins later den I realized I was very very stupid to fall for this. They already bank in 700 and in a few days they need me to transfer bck 1000.However I back out n told the person I dun wan to borrow anymore. Need him to send his acc no but her would not send me his acc to close. I'm scared n worried. What should I do....
Alia88, STOP transferring the money. Hold on to it and follow the steps below. Anyway, most of us are in a similar financial plight as you and realized only later we actually got scammed by this so-called faceless LS.
1. Make a police report. You can do it online if you feel going down feels embarrassing or intimidating.
2. Stop replying anymore to the LS. Change number or install call blocker apps that allows ONLY your known contact list to go through. I use an android phone. I install an app CALL BLOCKER by Vlad Lee on mine and NOK phones. It works wonders.
3. Close ALL your social media accounts or set to the highest security level, this includes your WhatsApp. The purpose is to prevent them from harassing your friends through these social media platform. Emails should be ok as you can spam filter trash email.
4. Use Police Report to make a report to your bank about this illegal money transfer. Let bank decide what to do with the fund. Some ask bank to transfer back. Some just close the account. Some inform bank and park the money there and let bank/spf do what they deem fit. The idea is, don't deal with the LS with regards to funds transfer.
5. Use the Police Report to inform your office. Explain to you employer you are scam online and your office will receive some harassments calls. Remind them to make a police report, yes, you feel bad for troubling them but they will appreciate that you inform them before hand and not have to explain yourself if it happens afterwards.Their support is the utmost importance in this trying times.
6. Inform all NOK that you gave their number to about this. No choice, have to be honest. Same, just say you got scam, which in actual fact you did. Again, Their support is the utmost importance in this trying times.
7. Use the Police Report to apply for CCTV installation from your Town Council. Apply and install ASAP. You have to buy and get it install yourself. This in preparation for the second phase of harassment in which they may/will send runner.
You just have to accept it that they WILL send runner. Better be mentally prepared with a CCTV rather than get caught surprised. But no need worry, as I mentioned in previous post, the runner also is a scared person too. They are as kan chiong as you. Scroll back past post on what normally they will do. Nothing that is life threatening.
Then after all this, just ready yourself to call 999 if you feel threatened. As an Investigating Officer will be assigned to you, do update him every time . He/She can be contactable by phone or email.
Last, get all the rest you can get. Eat and drink regularly. Some of the previous lady victims here got a crash diet due to this. You need all the energy and strength to go through all these bravely, with your loved ones preferably.
Just waiting it out can be stressful and tiring. I suggest you go out and have a simple outing jalan-jalan to destress even for a couple of hours with family or friends. It really helps. Don't worry about the LS when you are out, they won't have the manpower to employ people just to follow you around and harass you.
That is only in the movies. Best of luck and stay strong.
Just to remind everyone, those LS are reading all these too. But so far these steps seems fool proof and worked for everyone so far that I know, if you follow exactly. For myself, the LS is the least of my concern until now after I myself got these advices from the fine people here.